6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Early morning coffee thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:15 AM
Tideman
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Shawn, my prayers just went to your dad!! Keep us informed.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thoughts and prayers headed your way Shawn!!

Old 03-15-2017, 06:41 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
You know guys it's a real good feeling to know when the 6.0 Brotherhood has your back , either in a down and out , on the road or just needing a prayer , great group of guys here and I want to thank each and everyone of ya ,

Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Praying for your dad and you Shawn.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Update on dad.

In addition to the before mentioned things he also has a fractured nose.. Doctors said hes stabilizing to the point theyre feeling comfortable enough to move him to surgery tomorrow to fix his cuts and nose... the others theyre just going to let heal on their own.. his lungs re-inflated but still has some minor internal bleeding theyre not concerned enough with for operating on to correct. those they will also let heal on his own. he was opening his eyes more today also. already getting back to his old self in some ways.. when we got there this morning he was complaining about the nurses bugging him every few mins taking blood and and running tests.. in doing so they kept him up all night.. when he would start to feel comfortable theyd come in and move him to keep him limber but putting him in pain (claimed they were torturing him on purpose).. and also complaining the beds too hard.. pretty much how he was before the accident in that regards lol..

still doesnt remember anything of the accident. last thing he remembers was leaving the rest area at the welcome center... report said 8/10 mile but we found the actual spot where he hit the guardrail and was more like 2 miles down the road... caved the rail in a good 2 ft... police said the driver of the tractor trailer he went under after she got stopped got out to check on him and held his hand till paramedics got there. he was life flighted to the hospital...

we were finally able to find the car today at the yard near where the accident was.. everyone there was sure dad didnt survive after seeing the car... we had to tell them 3 different times he was still alive and at the hospital because they didnt want to believe us. pretty much the only part left of the car is from the back of the seat back.. everything else is just a pile of junk parts..

took some pics of the car and him.. but not gonna post the ones of him because of how bad he looks.. but heres what the car looked like..

Name:  IMG_2921_zpsdnoxkkvz.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  228.0 KB

brother standing next to whats left of the car...

Name:  IMG_2922_zpse1bskdje.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  216.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2923_zpshbpfvdgb.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  178.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2924_zpsiq1hzl1l.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  220.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2925_zps7is6nwik.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  237.8 KB

Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
Update on dad.

In addition to the before mentioned things he also has a fractured nose.. Doctors said hes stabilizing to the point theyre feeling comfortable enough to move him to surgery tomorrow to fix his cuts and nose... the others theyre just going to let heal on their own.. his lungs re-inflated but still has some minor internal bleeding theyre not concerned enough with for operating on to correct. those they will also let heal on his own. he was opening his eyes more today also. already getting back to his old self in some ways.. when we got there this morning he was complaining about the nurses bugging him every few mins taking blood and and running tests.. in doing so they kept him up all night.. when he would start to feel comfortable theyd come in and move him to keep him limber but putting him in pain (claimed they were torturing him on purpose).. and also complaining the beds too hard.. pretty much how he was before the accident in that regards lol..

still doesnt remember anything of the accident. last thing he remembers was leaving the rest area at the welcome center... report said 8/10 mile but we found the actual spot where he hit the guardrail and was more like 2 miles down the road... caved the rail in a good 2 ft... police said the driver of the tractor trailer he went under after she got stopped got out to check on him and held his hand till paramedics got there. he was life flighted to the hospital...

we were finally able to find the car today at the yard near where the accident was.. everyone there was sure dad didnt survive after seeing the car... we had to tell them 3 different times he was still alive and at the hospital because they didnt want to believe us. pretty much the only part left of the car is from the back of the seat back.. everything else is just a pile of junk parts..

took some pics of the car and him.. but not gonna post the ones of him because of how bad he looks.. but heres what the car looked like..

brother standing next to whats left of the car...

Oh My.
Crumple zones looked like they did there job.

The one I was in they could not believe I was the driver
when I was at the storage lot to look at it a week later.
I bent the wheel over even with the seat belt on. Pre-air bag days.

I hope he recovers quickly. He is in out thoughts and prayers.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:28 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Dad. All hopes and prayers to his speedy recovery.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
HOLY CRAP SHAWN!!!! Your father has some angels looking over him. Still praying and hoping for the best for you and your family.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:42 PM
silverbullet6oh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
You know guys it's a real good feeling to know when the 6.0 Brotherhood has your back , either in a down and out , on the road or just needing a prayer , great group of guys here and I want to thank each and everyone of ya ,
This is so true. This group is the best to have your back.

My wife, Kristi, and I are both praying for your Dad and you Shawn. We will lift you up on Sunday at church.

Sooo sorry to hear about this.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
He had some setbacks last night.. they had to put him back on the respirator because he wasnt able to breath and pressure started dropping.. originally they canceled his surgery today but as we were leaving today they called saying he was now going to surgery.. so my brother and mom are back there waiting for him to get out.. said he would be in there for 2-3hrs.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 423 Likes on 281 Posts
That Vette did everything it could for your Dad -- Prayers are with him and you, Shawn...

Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
He had some setbacks last night.. they had to put him back on the respirator because he wasnt able to breath and pressure started dropping.. originally they canceled his surgery today but as we were leaving today they called saying he was now going to surgery.. so my brother and mom are back there waiting for him to get out.. said he would be in there for 2-3hrs.
Travel safe.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Travel safe.

im still down here in sc.. just waiting at the hotel instead of in the hospital...

Old 03-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Still prayin on this end Shawn. Got the fingers, arms, legs, toes, and eyes crossed for your pops! Hoping like heck he comes out ok. Stay strong and breath deeply bud.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:30 AM
OneCylinder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praying that your dad's surgery went well and for a speedy recovery.

Quick Reply: Early morning coffee thread