6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Early morning coffee thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
upside though is for the first time his feet dont feel like their blocks of ice... today when we went in they were very warm...

anyways.. times to catch some zzz's...

Old 03-19-2017, 11:42 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,486 Posts
Compression therapy to keep the blood and lymphatic fluid from collecting. Cold feet is an indication blood flow was insufficient. My father had that from an injury back in the mid 1960's when they didn't have the equipment or understood the problem well. His foot became gangrene and had his lower leg amputated.

I would suggest he needs to understand it's important and tolerate it. Just don't freak him out.

Edit - His injury happened in the hospital!

Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're still in my prayers as well as your dad and family Shawn.
Good morning everyone. Weekends sure feel short when you have things going on.
I pulled a marathon insulation install both days. 9 hours Saturday and 12 yesterday. Drywall starts some time this week and I needed to get all the interior walls and basement ceiling insulated. I definitely bit off more than I can chew. If my dad hadn't called yesterday afternoon and volunteered to help, I wouldn't have finished. As it was, they were there until 10 pm!
Today is the first day of spring!

Old 03-22-2017, 03:27 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Drinking lots of coffee... anybody else.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:56 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by WatsonR
Drinking lots of coffee... anybody else.
It's getting close to the "other" thread's time of day for me...

been raining most of the day here, rest of you? Spent most of the day talking to or trying to talk to contractors - boy you can tell times are good when you can't even get an estimate out of them...

Did find a nice little NOS Eaton switch on eBay for a solar charger project I have going...

Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
sorry about the lack of updates last couple days... some ways hes getting better other ways not.. i decided to come back to the beach while mom stayed with dad since there wasnt much that i could do down there.. biggest thing i dread is going back to work tomorrow.. but might make for a nice distraction.. we decided to go to my dads place to get his truck so mom could drive it around down there instead of getting a rental.. while she went back i stayed at the NC house for the night before heading back here..

so in addition to his other problems dads started running a fever.. when i left on tuesday he was running 100.6*F fever.. while mom was driving back down the dr's called me for permission to stick a needle in his lungs to drain the fluid building up in them in hopes of it helping him breathe better.. on the upside it seems to be working.. dr's said that he is breathing better and his stats are improving.. if he performs well tomorrow they said he might even get the breathing tube removed finally.. which if they can get that done they might get him moved down to the regular care ward and out of the ICU's trauma center... but he will still be in the regular ward for a few days.. how long will be up to him..

Old 03-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
This might help,tell him I found a mint Vette to replace his. He might perk up a little. Wishing you luck, I Remember my stag stay in the hospital in 81 when my neck got fractured, wasn't fun.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
what kind of vett Bill??

Update:
Dads back to breathing unassisted again.. they pulled the breathing tube out about an hr again.. but still in the ICU for observation.. before they said itd be a day or 2 after doing so hed get moved to a regular ward.. dunno if that still holds true or not.

im back in VA working.. when i get home today ill have to pull parts off the front end of lil dually to see whats up there..

Old 03-23-2017, 02:17 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,486 Posts
Glad to hear he is improving.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 , hard/soft top firethorn red owner is pretty meticulous about it. It's in my friends shop for a scratch. He's getting a 17. He hasn't decided on a price but it will be close to book and it's worth it.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Per4mance
2006 , hard/soft top firethorn red owner is pretty meticulous about it. It's in my friends shop for a scratch. He's getting a 17. He hasn't decided on a price but it will be close to book and it's worth it.
Bill get him a photo.
Then Shawn can show it to his dad to get the juices flowing.

Remember that "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."

Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great news to hear about your pops Shawn. Hoping for more improvements to come.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:30 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
That's the best news I've heard all day Shawn ,

Old 03-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Per4mance
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Bill get him a photo.
Then Shawn can show it to his dad to get the juices flowing.

Remember that "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."
unfortunately red is a badluck color in this family... so he wouldnt be interested...

apparently so is datona orange isnt much more luckier either...

Originally Posted by Yama4fitty
Great news to hear about your pops Shawn. Hoping for more improvements to come.
Originally Posted by 04badford
That's the best news I've heard all day Shawn ,
thanks.. mom seems to think shes going to be down there for another month before hes released.. i think hell be out sooner than that..

Old 03-24-2017, 06:51 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been a real busy week.

My little brother and his wife had their 6th baby born on the 22nd. She came several weeks earlier than expected after they induced labor due to mom having some medical issues arise. She's tiny! Two pounds thirteen ounces!
The house is flying along. The siding was started Tuesday afternoon and depending on weather, will be practically finished today. I stopped by Wednesday morning as the drywall was being delivered. As of last night, the main level is almost completely hung already!
Since they hadn't made it down to the basement, I was able to insulate the HVAC trunk line inside the framing that was done the night before. It's the most complete and well insulated house project I've seen or been a part of.
With the speed of the drywall and siding going up, I'm now concerned for a "bottleneck" of projects I'm responsible for. Of which are: LVT flooring on the main level, painting of walls, trim and doors, installation of cabinets and vanities, completion of plumbing, installation of pex and under the concrete pad insulation in the garage, garage apron and sidewalk. Plus I might dig the trench and run pvc for the whole house electric!

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Early morning coffee thread