6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Early morning coffee thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:37 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think watching them decline is the worst part Scott and there isn't anything that can be done about it, they are together, that's what they want. Your doing exactly what your supposed to do, love them!

And make sure your kids spend as much time as possible with them. It's what my dad wanted.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Was driving back from folks yesterday with multiple stops, so little FTE time

Since the Great American Race came up, what do you fans think of all the rule changes? I'm thinking the announcer's comments on becoming a demolition derby might be proved out in coming races.

Like my Mom said while we watched the Daytona 500: This is too complicated, what happened to the person crossing the finish line first being the winner?! Point well taken, Mom...

She's 90 and Dad 89 -- cherishing the time I can spend with them, but the decline has been steep in the last year. I can logic all I want about: part of life is dying in the end, but it will never make it any easier. Love them so, I do....
My Mom is the same age as you dad I agree.

Originally Posted by WatsonR
I think watching them decline is the worst part Scott and there isn't anything that can be done about it, they are together, that's what they want. Your doing exactly what your supposed to do, love them!

And make sure your kids spend as much time as possible with them. It's what my dad wanted.
You are right on target with how hard the decline is.
That fall she took back a year and a half ago really
took a lot out of her. I blame the surgeon for 75%
of the problems she is having now. I won't go
into details here.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 PM
OneCylinder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Was driving back from folks yesterday with multiple stops, so little FTE time

Since the Great American Race came up, what do you fans think of all the rule changes? I'm thinking the announcer's comments on becoming a demolition derby might be proved out in coming races.

Like my Mom said while we watched the Daytona 500: This is too complicated, what happened to the person crossing the finish line first being the winner?! Point well taken, Mom...

She's 90 and Dad 89 -- cherishing the time I can spend with them, but the decline has been steep in the last year. I can logic all I want about: part of life is dying in the end, but it will never make it any easier. Love them so, I do....
When I was young, I enjoyed watching the full-size Fords, Mercs, Chevys, Pontiacs, Dodges and Plymouths. Big block racing. Those guys hit each other and kept going. Every car finished dented unless they were really slow. Anymore one car taps another and 20 cars are out of the race.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:32 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did get the rough plumbing inspection approval, but no mechanical. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what's the hold up.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Rough start... one cup, crappy traffic, sitting here wondering why nobody's on time to find the meeting was moved to 9am... and no hope of another cup!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Just pull over at the nearest 7-11 and pick one up. You deserve it after all the vrap your truck put you through. Ive been up since 2 this morning, this pinched nerve is killing me. I've never had pain like this before. Meds are no help. They just make me a disoriented crippled up mess.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Sorry to hear Bill. Drink a cup for me!

Old 03-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
i love when i can drift my dully's butt around for all the people to see.. full throttle u-turn always fun

Old 03-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
I did get the rough plumbing inspection approval, but no mechanical. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what's the hold up.

Fingers crossed for you Torr

Rough start... one cup, crappy traffic, sitting here wondering why nobody's on time to find the meeting was moved to 9am... and no hope of another cup!
I would be gruuuuuuuuuuumpy if that were me. I will definitely drink one for ya.

Originally Posted by Per4mance
Just pull over at the nearest 7-11 and pick one up. You deserve it after all the vrap your truck put you through. Ive been up since 2 this morning, this pinched nerve is killing me. I've never had pain like this before. Meds are no help. They just make me a disoriented crippled up mess.
Sorry to hear that Bill. My wife has nerve damage in her neck and she will sometimes be unable to sleep because of it. It stinks and makes her crankier than me with no coffee.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Thanks Randy and Sean...

I really didn't need any coffee this morning after watching last night's speech

But I'm havin' some anyway...

Burn day today -- foreign concept for city folks: all the branches, trimmings whole trees we cut last year, we burn in winter I have all my neighbors beat though, because I use this for keeping the fires stoked with fuel:

Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,486 Posts
How the hell can you in CA burn when here in NJ it's prohibited!

Old 03-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
city vs country thing alot of times...

Old 03-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
I feel ya! No coffee plus a LATE night plus 4 car pile up and my morning is shot. Not sure if I was lucky or not to make the 9:00 AM meeting, even though it went pretty good. Now for some office coffee......

Old 03-01-2017, 12:33 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
How the hell can you in CA burn when here in NJ it's prohibited!
You could move.... It would be nice to have you live closer

But then who'd sell those beautiful Christmas trees?!

Yeah, they do control it based on air quality -- if it gets smokey down in Sacramento, which is usually when it gets cold and folks start using their wood stoves, they shut it down. Usually you get a few days after a rain before the Air Quality District steps in. You have to check each day with the regional Fire District to see if it is a permitted burn day...

Can't burn in Jersey... What is this world coming to?!

I thought I'd at least get some envy points for the Root Grapple

Old 03-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
They haven't nailed me in 8 years and I use the wood burning stove to heat the house. You must have got my old neighbor from across the street. They bitched about the wagon I made for my Bassethound when she had her spine injury.

Quick Reply: Early morning coffee thread