6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Early morning coffee thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:35 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Modoc
Evening all,

We made it off the hill with all of the boys and gear that we took and NO injuries, hypothermia, or frostbite! The coffee was great this morning at 12*F ambient although big red wasn't too happy being asked to crank over

Next time I'll remember the generator to run the block heater for next time.

Back when I was in scouts we would go to a Klondike derby every February all the troops would bring a sled like competition dog sled but the kids would pull it to stations and compete one was trying knots another was build a fire and burn a string there was a bunch of events had a lot of fun

Our troop always had a military tent with wood stove, so it wasn't too bad sleeping arrangement but I did spend one year in a regular tent boy that was cold night

Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
Back when I was in scouts we would go to a Klondike derby every February all the troops would bring a sled like competition dog sled but the kids would pull it to stations and compete one was trying knots another was build a fire and burn a string there was a bunch of events had a lot of fun

Our troop always had a military tent with wood stove, so it wasn't too bad sleeping arrangement but I did spend one year in a regular tent boy that was cold night
Same idea here. Some of the boys built the sled and hauled everything around in it doing various skills competitions.

My "2" person backpacking tent did well with a good pad and zero degree bag.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:32 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Having a nice cup at home this morning. What a week.

Stepped off the ship at 10 am yesterday, caught the shuttle back to "Lots of Honor" off port parking. Jumped on I-95 and headed north for our last excursion.

Our first NASCAR race.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with a coffee cup

Great to hear about the race, not so much about the wife's arm. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Sitting here at the Net Cost super market waiting for the police to make a hit and run accident report on my Excursion. They got the person who hit it and the plate. It about a thousand dollar hit so this makes it a little better to swallow. This truck was a virgin with dents and dings. I cant believe they just drove off. Oh and it was a Honda car so its has to have some serious damage.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:39 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,486 Posts
Originally Posted by Yama4fitty
Sorry for you and your family's loss Jack. 67 years is a long time for my wife to put up with my crap, but I know she is going to try! ....
Thanks Chris. I hear ya. We've been together 36 years (still on first date) and there are times I'm surprised I'm not in the shed.

Joe and his wife were always upbeat people, Leslie's sister has a bad case of arthritis and Joe was helping. Last Christmas his doc told him he needed a stent to go from months to years, but a headstrong Italian and he was scared about having the surgery. He wasn't doing well these past weeks and their offspring were taking care of them. Last week he told his daughter he thought it was time to go, she said if that was what he wanted they would be there for their mother. Daughter went jogging for 15 minutes while a nurse was there and he passed in his sleep, he probably waited to not distress his daughter if he had a choice. Holding my mother's hand while she passed was the hardest thing I've ever done so far in life. His wife is doing OK.

A look back of his life and family tells his presence bettered our species, all one can hope for. Leave the forest better then we found it.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Sorry to hear Bill. That person is not leaving the forest better.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:52 AM
silverbullet6oh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, another Monday morning.

Rolled into work at 6:50am, sat at my desk with company provided coffee

Now only 8 more hours of being on FTE, with a lunch break somewhere in there of course. Haha!!

Work has been slow since December.....

-Preston

Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome Sean and mrs Amsdriven , I got bizzy working on the pasture fence , plumb forgot about the Race ohh well at least I know the Cows won't be out Roaming the Hood

Old 02-28-2017, 12:32 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
Awesome Sean and mrs Amsdriven , I got bizzy working on the pasture fence , plumb forgot about the Race ohh well at least I know the Cows won't be out Roaming the Hood
Or ending up on one!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:37 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well time for the go to bed night does of caffein.
You know that your hooked on the stuff when 3 days
with out and you have the headache from hell and one
drink and it's gone in under 30 minutes.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:15 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Early fill of coffee and heading for two days of nursery learnin....

Old 02-28-2017, 06:54 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have fun Jack! Tree nursery?
Today's the rough inspections for plumbing and mechanical. I was at the house until 10pm last night trying to fix the leak at the manifold for the radiant heat. I finally gave up and told my cousin about it. He said he'd take care of it this morning.
It will be nice to be able to take a deep breath as I wait for the approvals. Thursday is the rough building inspection, then it's time for the spray foam insulation and siding.
Then it's a race to get the interior wall and floor insulation in. My builder probably has alotted an afternoon for me to get it in.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Drink some coffee, that should speed you up and calm the nerves, bottoms up!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:25 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 429 Likes on 286 Posts
Was driving back from folks yesterday with multiple stops, so little FTE time

Since the Great American Race came up, what do you fans think of all the rule changes? I'm thinking the announcer's comments on becoming a demolition derby might be proved out in coming races.

Like my Mom said while we watched the Daytona 500: This is too complicated, what happened to the person crossing the finish line first being the winner?! Point well taken, Mom...

She's 90 and Dad 89 -- cherishing the time I can spend with them, but the decline has been steep in the last year. I can logic all I want about: part of life is dying in the end, but it will never make it any easier. Love them so, I do....

Quick Reply: Early morning coffee thread