Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Fall is upon us September shenanigans thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 04:11 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 191 Likes on 175 Posts
good morning missouri... not quite as cool this morning, but not as hot as it has been either.. i hope i can get more done today than yesterday.. i mostly just stood around looking yesterday... but we all know that a well planned job is half done.. ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 09-03-2016, 04:50 AM
Terrys67
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everybody... I finally got the green 76 Super Cab bought. Met the woman in Cassville and paid her for it and then went over to the courthouse and got the title in my name. Hope to get the 76 home next week. It has sat for 15 years so I will be doing a tear down of it and bring it back up. I will be posting a thread on the truck in the next few days. Looking forward to getting started on it. She had to file for a lost title and get a death certificate for her late husband. Took some jumping thru hoops but the title is coming back in my name now. Wahoo!!!

I think it was j20owner (if I got that right) there is a Jeep Wagoneer about like the truck you showed in August thread sitting at about B hiway and 37 intersection in Butterfield area if you are looking for something like that. It looks to have been sitting a while as grass is about a foot tall around it. I seen it from about 25 yards. Could be good or could be bad at that distance. Not sure if you are in that local area.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:58 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
glad to hear you got your truck.. i hope all it needs is a good cleaning, fluid changing, a hot battery and fresh gas and you are on your way

Old 09-03-2016, 10:11 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by whiskey runner
glad to hear you got your truck.. i hope all it needs is a good cleaning, fluid changing, a hot battery and fresh gas and you are on your way

What universe does this happen in??? Lol not mine!!!lol

Old 09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
I swear I will do something dent related today....I said it, it will happen....and it won't be just looking at one....lol

Morning gents. Hope this long weekend gets stuff done for each of you

Old 09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Double post.....not sure why

Old 09-03-2016, 01:38 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
Afternoon all!

I got the interior stripped out of HR, the T-case shifter and linkage in, the hole cut in the floor and about half the new sound deadener in. I hope to have the new carpet and seat back in it by the end of the day.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Chip - From past experience, when that gen PCM dies, you will not have a check engine light at start-up or signal at the injectors. Be sure to check your ignition coil as well. I lost one on our Dakota and it was a nightmare to diagnose.

Not much going on here. Last couple of weeks have been pretty stressful at work and I'm just mentally wiped out and lack motivation. Maybe this afternoon I can get something going...

Old 09-03-2016, 08:24 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
i had a fairly good day.. tried not to overstress my knee and legs, so i got the kids to clean some grilles and parts for rip..they worked hard (but looks like i may have to do it again) ... then i moved some parts around getting ready for the bronco build.. had to move bullet back some so i would have more crawl around room. then i dug a little deeper into the wiring harness and under hood connections, looks like i have to make several repairs where the rodents had their way with the harness.. i will need to get some more parts off jeff (mostly dash switches and such) so i can see which wires and connectors need to be used.. other than that i did not do a dang thing all day..

Old 09-04-2016, 05:01 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri.. looks to be another good day starting out there

Old 09-04-2016, 09:15 AM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Morning . Harter house has ribs on sale . Were restocking freezer for Christmas ,so smoking slabs today . Yesterday was chicken Brest 15 or so just a sampler . Last labor day we did 85 lb of canadan Backon . Smoker looks like a out house saging roof and all ,but with a crooked chimney smoking . Ive gotta learn how to do pictures .

Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone...mid-way through the long weekend, enjoy!

Old 09-04-2016, 02:43 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,691 Posts
Hello Tim..

Old 09-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts
Afternoon all.

I've been kind of busy today. I finally got around to changing the main shut-off valve on my compressor so I don't have to completely refill it every time I go to use it. Once that was done, I modified some rubber hockey pucks to be feet for the compressor. Now my compressor will hold pressure and not walk all over the place when it does kick on.

For my next trick, I'm going to change out the front axles and wheel bearings on the 4Runner. My Chilton manual had no information about it whatsoever, so I went to the shadetree mechanic's secret weapon - YouTube! I spent 35 minutes watching a fellow beat a couple of tools, himself, and some parts half to death demonstrating how not to change a wheel bearing out. The procedure is pretty much the same as the Neon was. Pull spindle out and take to press, press out hub, unbolt bearing mounts, press bearing out of spindle. Installation is reverse of removal. After all the beating he did to install the new hub into the new bearing, I doubt it will last a year before it fails again.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:45 PM
77&79F250
Received 3,357 Likes on 2,495 Posts
We are back home...I am going to relax now and work on some of my stuff tomorrow.

Alan at least if you get points in the monster truck rebuild-ablity world, you get them to bring their stuff to you.

If you have to be on the road promoting EQ all the time, that is time away from the shop. What side of the knife cuts the cleanest?

Hang in there, we all know you work capabilities and I still want be in that line cause that is a line that I have received a product from. And the red truck is awesome, now if I can just finish it...

Quick Reply: Fall is upon us September shenanigans thread