"Through the windshield" picture thread - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

"Through the windshield" picture thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Our 1950 F1 working this weekend...

Ben in Austin

Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:17 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
That's a really nice 50 Ben.

But I can't seem to get your video to work.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
fordtruck52
Junior User
fordtruck52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
54 shoulder belt

hey 54 where did you get the shoulder belts. i want to put some on my 52 and i figure early chevy silverado ones would work as the retractor is self contained and bolts to the floor. not inside the panel like on the newer ones. if that is aftermarket where do i get some? thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe View Post
Well, I'll make the video when I'm actually driving the truck, so she can make her own vroom vroom noises. But here's the Through the Windshield shots... just for you.

Thanks Joe! Great pics. Can't wait for the video. Got an ETA on that?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
I'll add this video, somewhat reluctantly. The sound is awful, just turn it off, and it's not a pretty mountain scene, just local roads. Done with my GoPro, it just refuses to pick up the sound of that throbbing flat V8... click on the picture to activate

This one has much better sounds, unfortunately spoiled by the many pavement cracks in my neighborhood.

Good stuff Ross. Mighty fine truck ****!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rojak View Post
Thanks Joe! Great pics. Can't wait for the video. Got an ETA on that?
Well, I thought it might happen today. But after I bled the brakes and still had a pedal to the floor, I crawled back under and found the Master Cylinder is leaking out the front. So now I just don't know if I did something wrong with the rebuild kit, if the cylinder is shot or what...

Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
Great Thread! My '52 saw me looking at all the pics and started nagging & whining about when I was going to take her somewhere.

Soon baby, very soon.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rojak View Post
Bobby makes a great point. We are officially requesting a Vroom Vroom video!
Well, I posted a video in the wrong "Through the Windshield" thread thinking I was responding to this one. Then the OP Scott Tinman52 alerted me to the fact there are 2 "Through the Windshield" threads on FTE. So I'll double post.

Here's a link to the video. Yes, I was having problems with the brakes locking up at a stop. Yes, I think it's fixed after a recommendation by Tractormanbill to check for play in the m/c push rod at rest.

I MUST practice downshifting. I MUST practice downshifting. I MUST practice downshifting.

http://www.youtube.com/Betsy

Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Cool video Joe, driving with the window down and the cowl vent open......I'm so jealous!
6 inches of snow here yesterday.....

Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Cool video Joe, driving with the window down and the cowl vent open......I'm so jealous!
6 inches of snow here yesterday.....
Thanks Scott. I practiced driving again today. I've found 1st gear is useful for idling up the driveway. But I have no stumps to pull this week.

I've lived here for 35 years. We haven't had 6 inches of snow in recorded history .

Actually, it did snow a couple of times, but never enough to stick. Montana is beautiful. But I like it when it's in the 70s in December. We are still getting blackberries and raspberries from the vines in our back yard. I think they're confused.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Joe,

Yup, unless you are towing a heavy load you'll probably hardly ever use 1st gear (granny gear).

Our weather here has been clear and sunny for weeks, running up into the high 60's most days. Today....well, its all gone south. Wind is blowing at about Mach 8, temp is mid 40's and its supposed to spit snow......I guess we're finally gonna get some winter

Bobby

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.
Great video Joe! Love the sound of these old trucks lumbering down the road. Why does the tranny keep locking up?

Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
Today....well, its all gone south. Wind is blowing at about Mach 8
Yep, I certainly don't miss that! Seems like most the time I lived there there was a wind/sand storm that would kick up at about 4pm.... Don't miss that either!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by Dano78 View Post
Great video Joe! Love the sound of these old trucks lumbering down the road. Why does the tranny keep locking up?
Thanks Dano.

It wasn't the tranny... it was the master cylinder push rod adjustment. It was too tight, and not letting the brakes release fully.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
For those of you with lots of free time...

Made another video today. It's a long one ... 19 minutes. And there's a lot of bouncing going on. But we had fun.

Hope you enjoy it...

Feb 9, 2013 11:37 AM | Facebook

Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Nice tour of your farm in your city truck,lol. Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Through the windshield" picture thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.