6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 06:31 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,931 Likes on 2,810 Posts
Don, I would not have guessed that those were street legal. You get around very well on the trail with those.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-06-2021, 06:40 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,727 Likes on 1,675 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Don, I would not have guessed that those were street legal. You get around very well on the trail with those.
Yes, they do very well. It is why I like them. The big knobby tires don’t really last very long around here. I may try some BF Goodrich KM3’s if I can get them in my rim size next time around; but they are a good bit more expensive than the Terrabite’s. They make a KM3 just for UTV use.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:41 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
My wife is making Gingerbread cookies today. I got my own special one.

The following 8 users liked this post by HRTKD:
4df150, Desert Don, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,139 Likes on 1,275 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
My wife is making Gingerbread cookies today. I got my own special one.
Well, that looks like it might be my cookie......

The following 5 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:05 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Don’s definition of a “balanced” diet………..a cookie in each hand!! Can’t get any more balanced than that!

The following 3 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:59 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,780 Likes on 1,500 Posts
Well there on the way, both the lathe and the mill are on the same cargo ship, the Tokyo Triumph. Still probably two month before I will see anything at my location if everthing works as planned. But I'm pretty excited.

The following 8 users liked this post by Tim Young:
4df150, BowtieConvert, Desert Don, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-06-2021, 09:19 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,605 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Don
Yes, they do very well. It is why I like them. The big knobby tires don’t really last very long around here. I may try some BF Goodrich KM3’s if I can get them in my rim size next time around; but they are a good bit more expensive than the Terrabite’s. They make a KM3 just for UTV use.
Those look good, Don. Are those Tusk rims also? I looked those up last night and they had good reviews.
Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC (rockymountainatvmc.com)
Switching gears: I don't know if any of you guys have ever been conducting two text conversations at the same time or not. I engaged in that yesterday and it proved to be above my pay grade. I was texting my daughter about our day and finding out if she was through on the system and if she wanted me to back up or not. I also sent a pic of the daily register that shows the # of quotes, new orders, cash receipts, orders invoiced, PO's created & received and a few other things. All these have $$ amounts on them. I sent it and the reply I got back was kind of out of the norm of what my daughter would say. I'm thinking, "OK, you must've had a rough day." Turns out I had sent the texts to the other person I was texting. Holy crap! Thankfully it was someone that appreciated a good screw up and not a customer. Note to self: Do not try multi-texting any time soon.

The following 4 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 12-06-2021, 09:34 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert
Those look good, Don. Are those Tusk rims also? I looked those up last night and they had good reviews.
Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC (rockymountainatvmc.com)
No, Steve. Those are the rims that came on my machine stock. Trail and Rock Edition XP1000 RZR comes with beadlocks standard. They have stood up very well so far.

The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 12-07-2021, 07:16 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,409 Likes on 2,293 Posts
Good morning guys!

I know a few guys that love the Tusk Terrabites. Much lighter than the the tires I recommended offline. That's a good call Don. Steve, don't feel pressured to run bead locks. A lot of guys do because they look cool or the feel they need them. Unless you are lowering your air pressure really low to get over rocks and have a ton of power to spin a wheel in a low pressure tire, you likely won't need them. So unless you plan on rock crawling...you might not need bead locks unless you really like the look of them.

What are you going to rig up to take the dog with you? Have you decided on how you are going to do it or are you going to leave him at home?

Old 12-07-2021, 07:21 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,268 Likes on 1,711 Posts
Great reading guys, love all the 'buggy talk' ......... sunny n cold up here today, all's swell/

The following 2 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
Old 12-07-2021, 08:46 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Good morning, crew. All is well in sunny AZ……….except it is not so sunny this AM…….overcast and rainy!
Has anyone ever said or thought Fedex sux??? Ordered a part for the RZR two weeks ago, it got to the Phoenix area OK and has been in every Fedex warehouse in that area since, and still has not left there yet!!!!!!! Then just try to contact a live person to find out what is going on………….LOL! Not happening! Oh well, it was only $20 bucks for 3 to 5 day shipping on a $90 dollar part! service is just great……..NOT!!!!!!! OK, nuff of my rant! When I still lived in ND they couldn’t find my zip code!!!
All have a great day.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:00 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,605 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Good morning guys!

I know a few guys that love the Tusk Terrabites. Much lighter than the the tires I recommended offline. That's a good call Don. Steve, don't feel pressured to run bead locks. A lot of guys do because they look cool or the feel they need them. Unless you are lowering your air pressure really low to get over rocks and have a ton of power to spin a wheel in a low pressure tire, you likely won't need them. So unless you plan on rock crawling...you might not need bead locks unless you really like the look of them.

What are you going to rig up to take the dog with you? Have you decided on how you are going to do it or are you going to leave him at home?
*Hey Andre, thanks for all the info. The bead locks are probably not necessary for us old folks, but I got some info online about the Silver Lake State Park in Michigan (for instance) and the rules stated tires must be aired down to 12 psi. Would this constitute the use of a bead lock wheel? Not sayin' I necessarily want to buy them but are they like an "insurance" against rolling a tire off the rim? I'll have to go back & study what you did for the little dog. Ours is about 12 lbs. and she only likes us and a couple of other family members so for any long trips we will definitely have to take her.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:06 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert
*Hey Andre, thanks for all the info. The bead locks are probably not necessary for us old folks, but I got some info online about the Silver Lake State Park in Michigan (for instance) and the rules stated tires must be aired down to 12 psi. Would this constitute the use of a bead lock wheel? Not sayin' I necessarily want to buy them but are they like an "insurance" against rolling a tire off the rim? I'll have to go back & study what you did for the little dog. Ours is about 12 lbs. and she only likes us and a couple of other family members so for any long trips we will definitely have to take her.
For my Polaris Ranger, 12 PSI is the stock pressure for the rear and 10 PSI for the front.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:59 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
All I have ever ran in any of my machines is 10 - 12 PSI max, even without beadlocks. Sometimes even lower around 8 and never had any issues. I have, however, cut a sidewall a time or two. Which the beadlock would do nothing to prevent that.

Old 12-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,139 Likes on 1,275 Posts
Morning all.

On todays date in 1941...A relative on the USS Arizona survived that day and my Uncle was on the way back to Pearl from Wake Island on board the USS Enterprise. My dad graduated from High School and joined up less than a year later. He was 'back seat' on SBD Dauntless Dive Bombers. We never found out what happened, dad wouldn't talk about it, but during a deployment to the Pacific something happened with his pilot, a young Ensign, and the airplane. He was returned to Ford Island Naval Air Station and a month or so after that, was transferred to Naval Air Station Klamath Falls where he essentially spent the rest of the war. He did tell us about one additional trip to Pearl Harbor - Ford Island for something to do with a modification to the Nordon Bomb site. RIP Dad 08-2015.
(2nd) Cousin Charlie, USS Arizona survivor, passed away when I was 5 or 6 years old. Uncle Francis, RIP 06-1982, would never talk much about WWII or Midway Island. Told me several stories about Viet Nam, but never any recollections of WWII other than he was on the Enterprise at the time of Pearl Harbor.

​​​​​​​

The following 8 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
4df150, BowtieConvert, Desert Don, ExxWhy, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most