6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 08:39 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
* Good morning, Gents. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We did. 4 days off was nice. Still wide open in the salt mines. Another month ends and December shows no sign of slowing down. We're still taking in about 25 new orders per day. Some days over 30. The materials are coming in somewhat more predictably now so it isn't quite as hectic and disjointed as it was a couple months ago. Maybe when the snow flies and the tundra freezes over in the north the demand will decrease, as it used to back when things were normal, and it will ease the demand more and let these manufacturers get caught up and build their stocks back up.
* I haven't had a chance to scroll up very far but the offer still stands for warm climate storage for a certain member's Challenger.
* SXS shipped last week. I hope to pick it up in the next week or so. I ordered a few accessories for it and they are sitting at the dealer to be installed when it arrives. I am sure the boxes are very dusty by now. Disclosure: I am probably the least talented aftermarket parts installer of the bunch on here, especially if it has wires, so I'll let the experts do it. One theory on that phenomena is that my beer fridge is too close to my work area and hydration takes priority over actual progress.
* Hope everyone has a great day.
* Grandson w/ the broken femur went back to school Monday. My wife accompanied him for the first day and he did fine. Mt daughter dropped him off this AM for his first day solo. He's still using a walker as he can't put any pressure on it. He goes to the dr today for a follow up & x-rays. So far, so good. Hopefully he'll be allowed to start some PT soon.
* Nice deer, Chad. He's a whopper. 2x bigger than the deer around here.

The following 8 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
4df150, Chad149, Iowa Ford, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-30-2021, 09:10 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,182 Likes on 1,657 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120.
WOW..... Very nice my friend !!

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-30-2021, 09:38 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,636 Likes on 2,335 Posts
Congrats to your father Chad!

Steve, can't wait to see pics of the Talon! Super excited for you!

Jim, nice unit! I'll bet you are excited to get that wired in!

The following 4 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 11-30-2021, 10:30 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,928 Likes on 1,561 Posts
Good morning guys,

Congrats to Chad and his dad for the nice buck and bull.

Steve, Glad to hear the SxS is on its way. I have a sign in my shop that sounds appropriate for your shop "There will be no working during drinking hours"

The following 5 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 11-30-2021, 01:03 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,337 Likes on 1,325 Posts
Morning alll. Had to have the boat to the boat shop in Salem at 0745 this morning for its annual 'wellness' check with the doc and some off season treats, I mean tweaks. Going to put some electric trim tabs on her.
Just got home a bit ago. Got sidetracked by a couple of cups of coffee, a BS session and viewing the boats of the Rich & Famous (or not so famous) they had there to get worked on or stored.

Great looking animals Chad!

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
It is Cyber Monday...... Spend some of your stashed money and go online and pickup a 82" Samsung Smart TV..... You will love it !!!
We are very happy with our Samsung and LG smart TVs..........
Our home theater system is all Samsung. We had moved up from a 50" Sony to a 65" Samsung when they were on sale for cheap at Costco. The power supply went out on it within 6 months. Called Costco concierge service. The CSR set up a repair service call at the house. They never showed up. She called me back the day after the service tech was supposed to show up. She blew up, put me on hold to make some phone calls. She came back on the line and said they were saying we live too far out of their comfort zone in the big city. Guess they were too skeered to come out here to Indian Country. So the Concierge lady got Samsung on the phone in a 3 way call. The Samsung CSR was not the least bit phased and didn't skip a beat, telling us that "was an easy problem to fix". She had 3 big screens in her warehouse ready to ship out that same day. She rattled off 3 models for me to select from. Three days later we had a 70" Curved Screen $2500 upgrade to what we had delivered and set up in the house. The delivery folks said they had orders to set it up and make sure it was working and then haul off the old one for us.
So we ended up with a bigger Curved Screen 4K TV for the price of a loss leader sale TV. So, of course, we had to run out and buy a Samsung 4K DVD player to go with the 4K DVD TV.

The following 4 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 11-30-2021, 01:48 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,109 Likes on 2,848 Posts
Great story Jim. I wish Samsung was as responsive with their refrigerators. My mom has had a terrible time with hers. I think she's on the fourth service call for the same problem, which is the ice maker freezes up and stops working, then the fridge stops keeping things at the right temp. Apparently this is a common problem for Samsung if you search the Internet. Given the cost of refrigerators, this should not happen.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:41 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,636 Likes on 2,335 Posts
I had Samsung screens for years. Switch to LG a couple of years ago when we upgraded the living room TV. I just preferred the picture/contrast/blacks of the LG. I'm a firm believer that your will love whatever you buy once you get it home and away from 50 other screens to compare it too.

New electronics are not like the old. They all are cheap garbage now. I had all old school Denon equipment for 20 years that absolutely outperformed everything. My last receiver was an Onkyo (crap, 3 years old). One before that was a "newer" Denon that was fine, but not 4k pass through. Before that, 2 Kenwoods that lasted 2 years each. I hate this crap. Klipsh and Martin Logan speakers have been GOLD. Love them

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 11-30-2021, 06:12 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,946 Likes on 1,193 Posts
Sitting on a grassy knoll hoping some elk come out to graze before dark.
that is cross mountain in the background.

Some other pics from today

The original army fort

some neat rock formations.

The following 7 users liked this post by helifixer:
4df150, BowtieConvert, Chad149, Jigger2020, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-30-2021, 06:28 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,624 Likes on 741 Posts
Nice Deer Chad, I lean towards Elk meat myself, But then I've never eaten whitetail. My experience has been with Mule Deer.

I got the tires rotated this afternoon. When I bought them last December, There was not much of a choice. So I got the Nitto Terra Grapler G2. They start at 17/32 tread. Today at rotation they still have 11/32 kwith 25,000 miles on them. So they will probably make it 50,000 miles. Which hopefully will be next fall and I can put fresh tires on before next years snow.

Just a follow up report, I destroyed the plug for my trailer TPMS/Camera. It got snagged on a bale of hay in the bed when I turned too sharp. Ford couldn't order one, So I called Nicholas Manufacturing in the Phoenix area. It was $180 for a cable for 2017-2019 trucks. The 20+ Cables were bunch more money, and from what I could see, it looks like they just included the Yaw sensor. So I ordered the 17-19 and it works just great with my 2020 truck. And I doubt I'd ever take the time to set up the YAW for backing up a trailer. So having only the camera and TPMS is all I really needed. Their Website said it was out of stock, So I ordered hoping they ship when it was available. Got an email the next day that it had shipped and it arrived 3 days after I ordered it. Very pleased with their business. BTW they have the pin outs for the plug on their website and if I had the time, I guess I could have tried to fix my old plug.

The following 2 users liked this post by Painted Horse:
Old 11-30-2021, 07:00 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Nichols seems to be some good folks. I'm hoping to buy a camera cable from them soon.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:13 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Evening all. Duraflap mudflaps arrived today. Went out to put them on, but got yelled at and told I would not get any dinner if I didn't get back into the house. Had to go find my Loctite which was being elusive anyway.
Funny thing, Third time through the tool box drawer, it showed up. The Gorilla Glue and JB Weld was shielding it.

Can't upload pictures right now, maybe later.....

The following 2 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 11-30-2021, 10:09 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,928 Likes on 1,561 Posts
Got the driveway retaining wall completed, actually got the fence complete there also just didn't get a photo.

Started working on the farm gate extension.

The following 10 users liked this post by Tim Young:
4df150, Chad149, ExxWhy, Iowa Ford, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:36 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Looks great Tim. I bet that was a lot of work.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:06 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Nice job Tim !

Old 11-30-2021, 11:24 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Looks great Tim!

The following 4 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most