General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rep history

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love that film Bryan.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by shorebird
Run silent, Run deep.
I haven't forgotten everyone I'm just laying on the bottom pretending to be an old wreck.
Same here, hoping the USS Carlene doesn't come by and depth charge the **** out of us.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys make me laugh... Or it could be this bottle of whiskey I'm working in. Either way, happy new year boys.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Sorry Guys .. Hope you all have a great new year ....

Carlene was put up to it ...

Old 01-01-2014, 06:47 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Happy New Year reppers

Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM
TXtinct

Originally Posted by Action4478
Sorry Guys .. Hope you all have a great new year .... Carlene was put up to it ...
Where's the like button on here???

Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Action4478
I got all my rep squares well before the rep game started by earning them one way or another , mostly in tech threads .. For the most part I haven't posted much recently , for a variety of reasons . That is one of them .Some of the rest is due to The Tech sections are more of a place to BS ,rather than to solve problems . That all left me wondering why I was here . I really loved the rep threads & they caused no harm .. But it seems some can't let others simply be happy .
See...I started my rep thread which has since been on lock down in the Excursion forum for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only...

As I traveled around FTE into the various forums...(MOSTLY THE SD FORUM...just saying quietly...LOL)...I noticed one thing...that the folks in the Ex forum that were helping folks with some pretty detailed tech stuff seriously LACKED greenies...now one can argue that greenies mean nothing...and today you are mostly correct...but at the time...it was a competition and it was odd that those on the TOP of the leader board were mostly ALL Admins, Super Mods, etc...hmmmm...curious...interesting because while I know those folks have contact with a LOT of posts/threads/etc...did they necessarily have that much more KNOWLEDGE on EVERYTHING that the whole top page of rep rankings were them????...and couple that with the fact that the SD forum seemed to account for a very high percentage of full greenie badged peeps?...so I started my since locked down thread specifically in the Ex forum to help educate the Ex folks that when someone wrote them a helpful reply...to REP THEM...well one thing turned into another...Then...Someone told the Emperor he/she had no clothes and we are here today...LOL...

Anyway...I've spread some useless mostly undeserved New Years love as a friendly gesture to say...Hey...and to be honest...when I saw folks in the general forum repping for jokes, chicks getting reps just cause they are chicks...I quickly realized it was a game...and we played because there ARE NO RULES AGAINST IT on the board...but yet...somehow we got in trouble for unwritten rules?...that's when I pretty much left posting frequently...I still stop in infrequently to say Hey...since the PEOPLE on here...the COMMON FOLK (lol) are what MAKES THIS FORUM GREAT...in spite of the emperor...

Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-04-2014, 05:53 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
When I first joined FTE I knew nothing of reps. But a few folks rep'd me for being helpful. A nice way of saying "Thanks." If I see helpful advice from someone - especially tech advice, and they do not have a full slate of rep beans, I try to let 'em know someone appreciates their being helpful.

Who has the most reps? I don't care. Each one I get is still a nice gift - and I try to acknowledge the giver.

Thanks to all reppers for the New Years love - may your 2014 be prosperous and healthy.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy

Anyway...I've spread some useless mostly undeserved New Years love as a friendly gesture to say...Hey...and to be honest...when I saw folks in the general forum repping for jokes, chicks getting reps just cause they are chicks...I quickly realized it was a game...and we played because there ARE NO RULES AGAINST IT on the board...but yet...somehow we got in trouble for unwritten rules?...that's when I pretty much left posting frequently...I still stop in infrequently to say Hey...since the PEOPLE on here...the COMMON FOLK (lol) are what MAKES THIS FORUM GREAT...in spite of the emperor...

Have a great day everyone!
As a beneficiary of your useless undeserved reps I"m not sure how to take them now! Best advice is if they are indeed superfluous don't post, don't reciprocate if someone hits you up first. No disrespect of lack of gratitude intended..............

When it comes to repping chicks just because they're chicks that's not a mystery. Boys like girls and we do what we can to get their attention---that's part of the male DNA from birth to death. I for one don't mind it! Yes I've repped a gal or two before but keep in mind we have very VERY few of them here who are active, try to be helpful and contribute as best they can. Those I'm aware of blend in well enough with us boys and I'm sure they're hopeful and thankful to be accepted as peers here.

I don't see any harm in recognizing those who make an effort to add what they can or further any conversation. Oddly enough my FTE home forum for vans there was one jerk wad who has been dealt with---a male at that. Equally odd was he had been posting here since '07 or so, had virtually no reps due being disruptive, insulting and condescending. There wasn't a topic or user he couldn't/wouldn't insult given the opportunity. Soooooooooo then.....

Maybe the rep game has changed but its not the death or ruination of FTE at all----its just a new day!

Rep away---Carlene is cool but that Snow Bunny is one I really really fear. BTW both are chicks oddly enough!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I will admit, most of my greenies came from participation in The Club. I don't know near the stuff on the powerstrokes that most of the regulars in the 7.3 forums know. On occasion I run across a topic in there that I know something about and I can give some sound advice. As for giving reps to gals, yeah, guilty as charged. But, since I've been in this thread, I do try to rep folks more, especially those that haven't maxed out in the greenie dept.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
TXtinct

I've gotten a few reps lately, can anyone tell me what Rep points are? Bwah.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,999 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by TXtinct
I've gotten a few reps lately, can anyone tell me what Rep points are? Bwah.

Rep Points are like Dollars to be paid out.........For every one that you get, you send $10 dollars to me.......
Then the Rep God will smile upon you...

Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Rep Points are like Dollars to be paid out.........For every one that you get, you send $10 dollars to me.......
Then the Rep God will smile upon you...
Quick everybody!
Stop repping The Good Dr.
Need that scratch for tools and truck parts!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 PM
CelticDevilDog
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
chicks getting reps just cause they are chicks...
You mean all I had to do was let people know I was a chick and I'd have gotten my greenies that way?!?!?! Guess I should have created a more easily recognizable username.

It was much more fun to play the game and have most people not care if I was a girl or not. I prefered getting my greenies because I had a circle of friends and provided tech advice.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,999 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by CelticDevilDog
You mean all I had to do was let people know I was a chick and I'd have gotten my greenies that way?!?!?! Guess I should have created a more easily recognizable username.

It was much more fun to play the game and have most people not care if I was a girl or not. I prefered getting my greenies because I had a circle of friends and provided tech advice.
Let's see if I can get my butt in trouble.........

1. a Marine
2. a Chick

Hummmmm...........wasn't the term.......Oh Yes.......BAM

Howdy Marine .......From the Squid

Quick Reply: Rep history