Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

September BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:01 AM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are good looking bikes indeed! I've always been a fan of the R1, and the new generation ones are awesome for sure. I dig that new motor. We're gonna try and do the AMA course at Fontana in the spring. I ran a supermoto event there a while back, and really liked it down there. Well, minus the smog anyway. Are most of the people your dealing with on Craigslist? I've had mixed results selling and buying on there. Some really honest, upfront people, and some complete and total flakes and idiots.....kinda the entire spectrum.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Donna - Thanks. I appreciate it. I sent him another text this morning and nothing. I mean, really? What a d**k. Just ticks me off to answer all my questions yesterday via text and act like it's no problem and then disappear like that. I found out how I can tell if glass is tempered or not, so I might go check that tank out in Pahrump. Then again, maybe I'll just wait and keep checking the ads, I don't know.

Rocket - Thank you sir. Yours is extremely nice as well. I love the looks of the R1 and I used to always race Yamaha's when I raced motocross, so l guess it also followed into sportbikes. I never got a chance to run the AMA course at Fontana. I've only run the infield course a couple of times.

Ya, I'm dealing with the freaks on Craigslist. Most people I've dealt with have been decent. However, you're right, there are definitely some freaks out there. I obviously found one yesterday.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning guys,

Woohoo... it's finally Friday! (hey, isn't that a song or something?)
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

Time to get ready for a motorcycle ride with hubby. He took today off for his birthday. Yeah, free time for us while the kids are in school!

Oh...I got the camera ready for Street Vibes too!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Mat - I checked online for Jans Tropics, but they apparently don't have a website. However, here's the info. if you want to call them. Maybe they have something in your price range for you or they can probably get it new for you too.

Jan's Tropic's & Elegant Pooch
1000 Corbett St.
Carson City, NV. 89706
(775)882-5659 or (775) 882-4928

Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Thanks Miss Donna. I appreciate the info.

I've been going back and forth with the guy in Pahrump. I'm kinda getting ticked now though. I went out there and besides the tank, stand and canopy, he was now offering all the rest of his equipment with the deal (sump, skimmer, external overflow box, lights, decorations, UV steralizer, etc...) in the original price.

I told him I couldn't cover that price and told him what I could cover ($300 vs the $500 he wanted). He said no. I then said I'd give him $300 just for the tank/canopy/stand itself and he can keep the rest of the items and sell them separately since they were so "valuable" (per him). He said he didn't want to do that because people don't buy the stuff separately. He then dropped the price for everything to $400. I told him I didn't have it and that all I had was $300 cash on me right then and that was it.

So, I decided to leave because there wasn't anything else I could do. I'm not really good at "dealing" anyway, but I tried my best. So, feeling defeated, I left to drive the 65 miles back home empty handed. I then go out to dinner with my folks and all of a sudden I got an email from the guy...he then says he knows I wanted the tank and he would take $350. Ok, I figured he meant $350 for everything (as offered before for the original deal of $400) and I figured that was acceptable.

I write him back and tell him that I'll take EVERYTHING for $350 as per the original deal and I'll drive back out on Monday to get it. Told him to confirm (I wrote that 3 times, 3 different ways to make sure EVERYTHING was included) so I knew to come out.

He then comes back and tells me that the $350 is ONLY for the tank, stand and canopy. WTF?! What's the damn difference of $50 between everything and just the tank/stand/canopy setup? Plus, it was my indication that it was for everything the email. So, now I'm pissed because he's playing around. No way am I paying that just for the tank/canopy/stand. Especially if the original offer was $400 for everything. Plus, it will cost me about $50 in gas to drive my truck back out there to get the stuff and then drive home. So, that means it'll cost me $400 anyway if I have to go back out there.

So, now I wrote him back and basically told him it was $350 for everything or no deal at all. I'm not coming back out for just the tank/canopy/stand setup and definitely not for $350. The only thing I'm worried about now, is that if he agrees, he might take and hide some of the "extra" items that were included and I won't get everything. He did show me buckets of extras that he was including, but I'm afraid of him now screwing with me, even if he agrees to the deal. Either A) I'll drive out and some of the stuff won't be there any more or B) I'll actually get there and then he'll try and renegotiate which will tick me off because I just spent another $50 (already spent $50 today) in gas to get out there.

So, I'm not sure what to do right now. My dad said to say the heck with the deal and tell him to go screw off...I don't know what to do.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
"Street Vibrations" now going on in and around Reno/Virginia City!

There are masses of bikes all around the whole area. I'm planning to see Donna and Jimmy, then head up to Virginia City.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Mornin' all! Enjoy your Saturday!

Bruce - Sounds like fun to me. I wish it was closer because I'd attend.

I'm going to a reef meeting today (with a club that does reef (saltwater) aquariums) and they are doing a presentation on photographing your tank, so they asked me to help with the presentation. I thought that was pretty cool of them to ask. So, that will be some fun. I should have thought about charging my video camera battery last night because then I could have video taped it and put some of the useful parts on Youtube. I just never think of video...always thinkin' photography first. LOL

Old 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Mat - Jimmy found a 140 gal. fish tank on todays Reno's Craigslist in General for sale(don't know if it's a saltwater set up or not)...$175.oo
(775)219-3593
Thought I'd let you know, but it might be to far to come for a fishtank, although it would give you a chance to meet me & maybe even Bruce!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
"Street Vibrations" now going on in and around Reno/Virginia City!

There are masses of bikes all around the whole area. I'm planning to see Donna and Jimmy, then head up to Virginia City.
Bruce- Sorry we missed you yesterday. I'm glad you got up to Virginia City though. It was still pretty packed up there even with the lite drizzle. Give me a call Monday or Tuesday. Maybe we can hook up then if you still want to come over & take a peek at the truck. Then you can see Olfthfl's new engine too!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good evening BSers & Donna.....thx for the gift

Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by GIGGER
Good evening BSers & Donna.....thx for the gift

Always a pleasure Gigs!
Pics will be on my page soon!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Street Vibration 2011 album pictures up!
You asked for them...you got em'!!!!
(Note: I left 1 picture out - yes, I earned my beads, and you don't get to see that one) LOL!
Enjoy!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good Morning, Happy Moanday Donna

Old 09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Is it Monday already??? Have a good one...

Quick Reply: September BS Thread