July All Topic - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

July All Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
If he were a homeowner, and ever had to dispose of hazardous waste, the poster above would have known better.
Yeah, I chose to ignore that. I'm sure he was trying to help.

I don't really think it will be a problem dumping the tiles. If it is, that other suggestion above will work fine. It really isn't that much.

But here is another bit of info. My wife works at a flooring company. As of today, July 1st, they are collecting 5 cents per square yard when you buy carpet. I assume this will lead to recycling of old carpet. I haven't had time to research the issue yet. It is AB2398.

It would be much harder to get rid of carpet that it will be tile.

Unfortunately I did not get lucky on the second half of the room. The tile was laid on plywood. Tomorrow I will work on removing the plywood down to the subfloor, and then we have to figure out what to do.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:34 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
New and old oak flooring CAN be done, but not by the amateur do-it-yourselfer.

Especially if it's old flooring. The width and thickness of new and old is not usually the same, nor are the T&G specs.

I've seen old-line guys seamlessly cut in new, but it's an art form in itself.

You might be able to salvage what's in that room for use in repairing the rest of the house, but I'll bet laminate flooring is somewhere in your future.....

Pop

Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
I think what we will do is treat the two areas separately. The way the room is built, I think that will look good. But the flooring in the two areas will need to be different enough that it doesn't look like a bad patch job. It needs to look like it was intentional. So I hope to sand and finish the old white oak, and put something else in the newer area. The way the room is we could even paint the two sections in different colors to highlight the transition. Some of that will be up to SWMBO.

I hope to not have to use laminate. If I did I could put it right on top of the plywood, since it is thin.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:02 AM
76f350spercamprspeal
Post Fiend
76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future
Trying to locate who originally did the song "Detroit City" I've listened to 10 different versions...
I thought it was Bobby Bare...song sounds different, may be a concert version.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:07 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Old 07-02-2011, 07:28 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Good Morning to everyone....everything is on Wiki

Old 07-02-2011, 07:46 AM
sddesigns
FTE Chapter Leader
sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Good Morning All!

Have a great Saturday!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 AM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
I've been to two stores so far since yesterday, and both ripped me off for an extra 1% sales tax. I'm down about 30.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
I'm sure you can get that refunded. All it will cost you is a little under a dollar's worth of stamps

Wal-Mart charged me 8.75% yesterday.

Last edited by SteveBricks; 07-02-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:18 AM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
Last night was Boston Market. The manager there played like he/she (couldn't quite make a positive ID) didn't know what I was talking about, and that their register was set by corporate IT so nothing could be done. I filed a complaint with corporate, so I'm hoping to get some coupons or something.

This morning was Scottys, and Bob knew about it, but pretty much told me they were going to change it after the 4th holiday. We're friends there, so I laughed it off, but it is clear he is going to pocket the 1% for the weekend.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
T8R
Elder User
T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.
Not sure which worries me more - that it's becoming so common place... or that people seem t be ok with it. Instead, it's more like you're penalised a percent for not being shady.

Then again, it's why I go 15 min out of the way to support reputable businesses who tells me up front what they're charging me for, and don't mind waiting a day or two to get parts from a mom and pop shop even though the dealership had them in stock.

It also amuses the hell out of me to buy big ticket items (electronics and tires) at the Exchange on base... so that CA misses out on the sales tax, recycling tax, environmental impact fees, tiny tax we thought we'd sneak in because you'll ignore it tax... and any others.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:28 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Today I took some of guzzle's advice and cleaned out my exhaust back pressure sensor and ebps tube. Holy crap did I get dirty.. my entire hand was black! Glad I have 2 bottles of the orange hand cleaner stuff!

I decided to do it because my mileage has been slowly dropping off and according to Jody over at DP (and guzzle) the ebp sensor being clogged can play a role in that. So, seeing as it only took about one hour at learning speed I decided to do it. If I had to do it again I bet it would take me less than 20 mins.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
In honor of the 4th of July... (NSFWife)
YouTube - ‪HOT SPANGLED BANNER‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 AM
bla1879
Posting Guru
bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.
So im back! dumped my big dodge 2500 and bought an 05 F150 quad cab 5.4L. Never been happier with a truck. The quad cab is glorious.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
Over here we call them crew cabs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: July All Topic

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.