Sponsored by:

Gas prices

Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
smurfster
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=EXv10;10291633]
Originally Posted by smurfster
I'm not going to look into it and be sidetracked by political hogwash. My good common sense that has prevailed continously over the years tells me to drill heavily NOW. So what if it take 5 or 10 years, just the act of doing it will bring the prices down.

LOL...no it won't, and commonsense is only as good as the foundation it was built upon...oil is not an infinite resource...it's finite...but suit yourself...LOL...I'm done...

Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=EXv10;10291633]
I'm not going to look into it and be sidetracked by political hogwash. My good common sense that has prevailed continously over the years tells me to drill heavily NOW. So what if it take 5 or 10 years, just the act of doing it will bring the prices down.
Actually it won't. Simply requiring speculators to take delivery of commodities would have an immediate and much greater effect on pricing. That won't happen as long as Wall Street is sleeping with the (held back to avoid being banished to the club).

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Guys like you 2 are the reason we are short on oil. I hope Trump gets in power so they start drilling. Heaven forbid it will take 5 or 10 years to start realizing a profit. No don't drill, we might just have some oil to use.....hello!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 AM
smurfster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by EXv10
Guys like you 2 are the reason we are short on oil. I hope Trump gets in power so they start drilling. Heaven forbid it will take 5 or 10 years to start realizing a profit. No don't drill, we might just have some oil to use.....hello!

Yea, I know I said I was done...but I have to ask...how do you figure guys like us makes the country short on oil...we are merely stating the realities of the situation...which you refuse to acknowledge...which is fine really too each his own...

LOL...the only way Trump gets into power is if he builds his own country on the moon...it'll never happen here...think Ross Perot...him running virtually guarantees an Obama win...

And it's not 5-10 years to make a profit...the oil companies are already making historic profits...it's 10 years of drilling to effect the market prices...

Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Yea, I know I said I was done...but I have to ask...how do you figure guys like us makes the country short on oil...we are merely stating the realities of the situation...which you refuse to acknowledge...which is fine really too each his own...

LOL...the only way Trump gets into power is if he builds his own country on the moon...it'll never happen here...think Ross Perot...him running virtually guarantees an Obama win...

And it's not 5-10 years to make a profit...the oil companies are already making historic profits...it's 10 years of drilling to effect the market prices...
That last sentence is what I meant.......I knew you weren't done yet.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM
fatherdano
Senior User
Its not a secret that the USA has far more untapped oil than ANY nation in the world.

I also reccomend going after it.
I also beleive these prices are a way of f-uing the POTUS.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
duct tape F-150
Senior User
since obama has been preisdent oil prices have jumped up 2+$'s a gallon thanks obama cares! its about the dollar why give drilling rights to south america instead of denying all the american companies who tried to get permits and trump leads in popular votes vs obama's which is way down and trump is know as a ruthless busenman which is sorta what we need not the pansies who run things now this country is a business not a democracy boo hoo if a few countries dont like it america needs to stop pleasing others and fend for herself.all these wars are about protecting saudi oil look it up :P lots of rambling but oh well my 2 cents i know is worthless

Old 05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Get this...in Fort Wayne Indiana 87 octane $4.29/gallon today...In Anaheim California (where I am for work today) $4.23/gallon for 87 octane...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE?

Gas in FW jumped $0.12 per gallon this morning...didn't the barrel price drop when we sniped Osama?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 PM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,661 Likes on 2,599 Posts
[quote=smurfster;10291902]

LOL...no it won't, and commonsense is only as good as the foundation it was built upon...oil is not an infinite resource...it's finite...but suit yourself...LOL...I'm done...
Oxygen is also a finite resource, but somehow all 6 billion of us go to bed every night knowing that there will be enough to go around tomorrow....

Old 05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
smurfster
Freshman User
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Get this...in Fort Wayne Indiana 87 octane $4.29/gallon today...In Anaheim California (where I am for work today) $4.23/gallon for 87 octane...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE?

Gas in FW jumped $0.12 per gallon this morning...didn't the barrel price drop when we sniped Osama?

That's interesting...I'm sure the taxes on fuel is far more here in California than in Indiana...which makes California fuel typically far more expensive than mostly anywhere else....somebody is making a killing

Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fatherdano
Its not a secret that the USA has far more untapped oil than ANY nation in the world.

I also reccomend going after it.
I also beleive these prices are a way of f-uing the POTUS.
Just my point. Why is everyone afraid to drill? Also, bumping off Osama won't lower the gas prices and either will the fact that we are using less fuel because we have less money....drill now!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
smurfster
Freshman User
Just my point. Why is everyone afraid to drill? Also, bumping off Osama won't lower the gas prices and either will the fact that we are using less fuel because we have less money....drill now!

As this article points out...there's no need too...4.25 a gallon and we have enough to export...50,000 barrels a day...and the prices are going up because of unrest in the middle east...doesn't make sense does it...it doesn't make sense because the middle east and drilling is not the problem...
FT.com / Commodities - US becomes net exporter of fuel

Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As this article points out...there's no need too...4.25 a gallon and we have enough to export...50,000 barrels a day...and the prices are going up because of unrest in the middle east...doesn't make sense does it...it doesn't make sense because the middle east and drilling is not the problem...
FT.com / Commodities - US becomes net exporter of fuel
Thats right. As long as traders find it more profitable to sell and ship offshore they will continue to do so. With our decreased demand, there is more than enough oil being sucked out of our own ground to support our current needs.
SPECULATION and GREED are killing us. It really is not about more drilling. Read guys, the facts are out there.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Greed is the only other thing I would believe is a controlling factor. I will just drive less and bite the bullet since I don't have a say so but I wish someone would have the guts to do something about it and I wonder if a president even has the leverage to make a positive change in the U.S. oil problem. I'm not going to look into it because it would be like a Christian looking into the devils bible.......what for? Greed is a big mistake made by many people.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
smurfster
Freshman User
Greed is the only other thing I would believe is a controlling factor. I will just drive less and bite the bullet since I don't have a say so but I wish someone would have the guts to do something about it and I wonder if a president even has the leverage to make a positive change in the U.S. oil problem. I'm not going to look into it because it would be like a Christian looking into the devils bible.......what for? Greed is a big mistake made by many people.

Some say greed...some say maximizing profits...if the President solely had the leverage to make the change...one would have done so long before Obama...in the film I posted a link too...it showed every President since Nixon singing the same song Obama is singing now...every single one...no President can wave a magic wand and make it go away...

The Oil industry has spent a lot of money for it's Congress and eliminating it's competition...the only way to break the hold is for Congress to embrace/ provide market altering incentives for alternative fuels or throw a whole lot more regulation on Wall Street...good luck with that...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas prices