6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

X-Plan Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just was reading that current x-plan no longer compares to the dealer invoice.

A good example would be a new ford fiesta. MSRP 17,915. X-Plan is less than $300 off.

There is OVER $500 of markup on the base $13,000 model. Over $900 on the less than 300 off one.

Also the 2011 superduty x-plan pricing is set by dealers. It says so on ford x-plan website.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:53 PM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
Capt caper,

Why not go the sure way and join the EAA. It will take more than 30 days for your order. $40 and 10 minutes online to join gets you a "x plan" pin in 30 days.

Regards
I did last Thursday..Hopefully if and when I have to try it it will work. Just seems too good to be true.. I thought I read you have to be an employee to get a pin but others have said other wize.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:03 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am a member but never used it due to existing z plan privileges. As I mentioned earlier, I went to the EAA website, logged into the members section, went to EAA Member services and selected the Ford benefits. I was directed to the log in page for the pin application. It wanted the information to process a pin. It seems simple to me. Ford is very happy with their EAA affiliation. They have a huge pavilion at the airport in Oshkosh where the convention is held. Bill Ford has been a keynote speaker the last two years. He always mentions the x plan benefit that comes with EAA membership.

Regards

Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not sure where the statements regarding 100 shares minimum and 6 months holding time are coming from. I have never seen those requirements nor been subjected to them. My Roth IRA only has 5 shares in it and is the account I submitted info on last year to get my pins.

Maybe I have just been lucky but Ford Shareholder Relations have never given me any problems.

---Aaron

Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 PM
radzer0
Elder User
IRA is a little diffrent. There is like groups of people in a IRA and total between everybody it might be over 100 shares. I dont know exactly how they work but i know my bank runs a IRA and everything is run in the banks name and than they mark you as having so many shares of each.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronbrace
I am not sure where the statements regarding 100 shares minimum and 6 months holding time are coming from. I have never seen those requirements nor been subjected to them. My Roth IRA only has 5 shares in it and is the account I submitted info on last year to get my pins.

Maybe I have just been lucky but Ford Shareholder Relations have never given me any problems.

---Aaron
Comes from the big dog- FORD

One American Road, Dearborn, Michigan 48126-2798 USA
Shareholder Relations
Dear Shareholder:
As a special thank-you to our shareholders, we’re pleased to offer qualifying shareholders the opportunity
to participate in our “Friends & Neighbors” Special Vehicle Pricing Privilege (also known as our "X-Plan").
This program is designed to put qualifying shareholders behind the wheel of a new Ford Motor Company
vehicle at a pre-determined price.
Currently, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Volvo products are available under the program. From time to
time, selected models in short supply may be excluded from the program. Your local dealer can advise
you of any availability restrictions.
If you’d like to participate, it’s simple:
1. Fill in the form included with this letter.
2. Send the completed form along with proof of Ford Stock ownership (documentation must show
you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100)
shares of Ford Motor Company stock (Ticker: F) for at least the past 6 months) to:
Shareholder Relations Vehicle Program
Ford Motor Company
One American Road, Room 1026
Dearborn, MI 48126-2798
Fax #: 313-845-6073
Email: stockinf@ford.com
3. We will process your request and send you an X-Plan Personal Identification Number (PIN).
4. Visit any participating Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, or Volvo dealer who will confirm your eligibility
using your Social Security Number and PIN.
5. Select an eligible vehicle.
6. Confirm the vehicle costs – “Friends and Neighbors” (X-Plan) pricing is shown on our vehicle
invoice to the dealer. (Ask the dealer for a copy of the invoice.)
7. Complete the purchase or lease agreement.
8. Arrange for delivery.
Ford Motor Company reserves the right to modify this program, remove or change eligibility, or cancel the
program at any time without notice.
FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS SPECIAL VEHICLE PRICING PRIVILEGE APPLICATION
Please supply the following information. All information should be for the shareholder
in whose name the vehicle will be registered. Corporations, partnerships, etc., are not
eligible. Please type or print your information clearly.
Social Security Number
(Last 4 Digits ONLY) Name (First): M.I. Last
Customer Address (Number/Street)
City State/Province Zip/Postal Code
Daytime Phone E-mail Address
(Area Code/Phone)
Vehicle I currently own
(Brand, Model and Year)
Are you replacing this vehicle? 1 Yes 1 No
Vehicle I am interested in
Send the completed form along with proof of Ford Stock ownership (documentation must
show you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100)
shares of Ford Motor Company stock (Ticker: F) for at least the past 6 months) to:
Shareholder Relations Vehicle Program
Ford Motor Company
One American Road, Room 1026
Dearborn, MI 48126-2798
Fax #: 313-845-6073
Email: stockinf@ford.com

Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by radzer0
Just was reading that current x-plan no longer compares to the dealer invoice.

A good example would be a new ford fiesta. MSRP 17,915. X-Plan is less than $300 off.

There is OVER $500 of markup on the base $13,000 model. Over $900 on the less than 300 off one.

Also the 2011 superduty x-plan pricing is set by dealers. It says so on ford x-plan website.

As far as how X-Plan is figured, it is calculated like this for Ford and Mercury vehicles - "Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee".
For Lincoln vehicles it is - Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee".

If you have a login to the x plan website then cut and paste where it says that the x plan differs for different vehicles and that the dealer sets x plan price for superduties. I don't believe it as its listed on the invoice and the invoice comes from Ford not the dealer.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
radzer0
Elder User
I know for a fact that a few years back the local ford dealer could put whatever numbers on that printout they can do in house with the x-plan and all. Dont know if its still possible to change, but im sure dealers have a way to change it to make the customer think there getting close to the invoice price. After all those invoice sheets that ford gives them is printed at the dealership.

We used to have a dealership who gave everybody x-plan no matter what without a pin and towards the end people started to find out that they were just charging people 1.5% over invoice and calling it that because of modified paperwork. They went under shortly after the whole stockmarket crash stuff so who knows if they would still be doing it or not.

I found the login on another forum but it says that pricing on this vehicle is determined by your dealer to contact them. If you can get into the website ONLY the 2011 f250-f450 shows that. Even the 2011 mustang and the currently quick selling fiesta have set x-plan pricing.

*note*.. i dont know if the changing of those papers was within the ford system or if it was something that they entered all the data into another program and could change the numbers at will.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:07 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
I say BS until some one proves me wrong.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
sample invoice:

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
sample_x_plan_invoice.pdf (252.3 KB, 335 views)
Old 08-22-2010, 08:23 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Originally Posted by senix
sample invoice:
Ive never seen a paper like that even with my f250 purchase in april. It was just a bunch of writing. It did show x-plan pricing down at the bottom and it was lower than the numbers the dealer was throwing around.

The paper im more used to seeing look more like this one i found on google

http://www.fordinvoiceprices.com/images/invoice.png

But itg has extra down at the bottom for the A-plan and X-plan pricing along with some other stuff i noticed was there but never really read on it.

Maybe somebody has more info on the form im used to seeing. I know its a system printout but as far as the paper your showing. Even when i went to one dealership and they pulled out all the paperwork on trucks on order mid march for the 2011's none i remember looked like that.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
your example is similar. I have seen both. My example was take off of Fords website that I am allowed into.

Bottom line is the plan is set by Ford, not the dealer.

The correct invoice will have the pricing. It is the bottom line, plus what ever incentives Ford may have at the time.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by senix
your example is similar. I have seen both. My example was take off of Fords website that I am allowed into.

Bottom line is the plan is set by Ford, not the dealer.

The correct invoice will have the pricing. It is the bottom line, plus what ever incentives Ford may have at the time.

And isn't the pricing formula for X plan

Dealer Invoice - (0.4% x Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee

Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Why is it fords website says to check with your dealer on pricing for superdutys. If its a set formula they should be able to tell you.

Im gonna try to find it later tonite or tomorow as im walking out the door right now.. Ill compare a few of the other cars.. Mustang and fiesta included and see what everything shows As far as invoice, what the above formula comes up with. And what fords x-plan pricing is.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
cford716
Elder User
This is off my Vehicle Order Confirmation to compare numbers:

Total retail: $51860
Dealer Invoice: $47687.62
A/Z Plan: $45761.62
D Plan: $45761.52
X Plan: $47771.87

For what its worth the $1000 XLT Value Discount is only $830 when you are using one of the plans. (That is also on my sheet)

Quick Reply: X-Plan Pricing