excursion door panel removal - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

excursion door panel removal

Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
New User

chaserfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
excursion door panel removal

i would like to know how to remove the inside door panels on my 2000 excursion xlt. i need to service th epower loks and windows. thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Elder User

71-4R3SONS has a good reputation on FTE.71-4R3SONS has a good reputation on FTE.
The Tech folder at the top of the forum has a write up on the process...

Plus, the SEARCH function on this site works rather well... I remember seeing a write-up (Joe posted it) with pics.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Post Fiend

X_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputationX_Hemi_Guy has a superb reputation
See post #10 of this thread for the pictures that Bob is referring to...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-problems.html
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
New User

chaserfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for the reply 71-4r3sons. I saw the tech folder and it is just what i was looking for.thanks again.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Posting Guru

JaySVX is a name known to allJaySVX is a name known to allJaySVX is a name known to allJaySVX is a name known to allJaySVX is a name known to allJaySVX is a name known to all
The tech folder is great, there's a lot of really helpful info in it. When I have some free time I just read it for the hell of it.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Posting Guru

1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future
Of course it`s just as easy to say there are 2 screws that hold the panel on. one behind the light in the lower part of the door panel and one under the window switch bezel, the bezel pops out from the front first. also be sure to remove the trim piece for the mirror srews. then just lift up on the door panel.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Elder User

BAJI26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I checked mine today and all bolts were pretty much tight but the window runs really smooth with the panel off. Any thoughts!?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaserfish View Post
i would like to know how to remove the inside door panels on my 2000 excursion xlt. i need to service th epower loks and windows. thanks
Picture is worth a thousand words, this was just posted a couple of days ago.

Door panel removal
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Postmaster

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJI26 View Post
I checked mine today and all bolts were pretty much tight but the window runs really smooth with the panel off. Any thoughts!?

Spray the inside channels(one at the front and one in the rear of the door), and the mechanisms with silicone spray. Sometimes a little bit of candle wax rubbed onto the panel channel that rubs against the glass solves the problem.(or like was suggested in the other thread, waxing the inside of the glass.) The wax doesn't leave any residue after for stuff to stick to, to scratch the glass when being moved up and down.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Elder User

BAJI26 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
Spray the inside channels(one at the front and one in the rear of the door), and the mechanisms with silicone spray. Sometimes a little bit of candle wax rubbed onto the panel channel that rubs against the glass solves the problem.(or like was suggested in the other thread, waxing the inside of the glass.) The wax doesn't leave any residue after for stuff to stick to, to scratch the glass when being moved up and down.
I meant to post this in the other thread, the only think that really worked for me was engine oil which lasts for over a year.

Can someone move my post to the other window problem thread!