Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Fuel additive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel additive?

OK, I knew I should have subscribed, but a few days ago, someone on here posted in a thread that I obviously can't recall, and said they were using a fuel additive that they swore on that improved their fuel economy? Anybody remember what that brand was? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
You're probably talking about this thread

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-additive.html

Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 AM
JGRNAUT_7.3L
Senior User
I think you might mean this one?
Originally Posted by pullinair
Get away from that diesel kleen crap and do your fuelsystem a favor! Get FPPF's "Lubricity + Fuel Power". I swear by it. Like I was telling Dan (Kwikk) the other week. In both of my diesel vehicles, when using it, it is like a 20hp setting on a flip chip. I cannot stand to drive my vehicles without it in the tanks. Just my .02
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...r-numbers.html

Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Google that stuff and come up with zero?????

Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Here's what I have found FPPF

Old 04-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you, that got me there.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Anytime, I have found some of their products at a local OReillys I think I am going to ask the manager to get me some Lubricity + Fuel Power to try.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
pullinair
Elder User
Give it a try, let me know. Man words cannot describe this stuff.

Lubricity +fuel power. click here= FPPF

and since it contains "fuel power" read up on this. click here= FPPF

then see a study. click here= FPPF

Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
dryfly
Elder User
Tim I dont see the cost on their web site,how much is this.I'm using opti-lube summer blend now and am happy,but i'm always willing to try anouther snake oil.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

Originally Posted by F350-6
You're probably talking about this thread

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-additive.html

This is not the one I was thinking of, but it sure is good reading. Thanks Chris.

Henry, that was the post I was thinking of, the exact post too!

Originally Posted by pullinair
Get away from that diesel kleen crap and do your fuelsystem a favor! Get FPPF's "Lubricity + Fuel Power". I swear by it. Like I was telling Dan (Kwikk) the other week. In both of my diesel vehicles, when using it, it is like a 20hp setting on a flip chip. I cannot stand to drive my vehicles without it in the tanks. Just my .02

Thanks fellas.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
So far, I have found every additive I tried to be snake oil. Nothing quantifiable. You name it, I probably have dumped it in the tank with the exception of 2 stroke oil.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:42 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
As to pullinair, if he can show me dyno numbers, I will believe his post more than "I can feel....."

Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
metalbender
Junior User
Eventually

As diets go you, after spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars, you eventually realize that the "nothing in nothing on" method works best, always has always will. Why did I say this, simple! By the time you actually realize that the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you spend on "the next" great fuel saver has never worked, just a gimmick. I find it amazing that someone will throw chemicals into thier tanks without independant tests that shows it works and will not damage the engine or components. Want to know the best way to save on fuel..........stop attempting to show someone how fast you are....it is infantile and dangerous. The black smoke you see is unburned fuel......................UNBURNED. Now there is a novel idea, keep your foot out of the engine and the milage goes up!!!! Ever since the muscle cars went away we seem to look for something else to beat the hell out of and then complain when fuel costs soooooo much. Deisels are not race engines they are power engines, it is what they were intended for and why they were built. I see all the time on this site "a Duramax beat me" or whatever, if this is what drives why you want a desiel then you are going to be unhappy and poor. Just remember the farther your hat is turned on your head the slower this message will s-i-n-k i-n.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
dryfly
Elder User
Metalbender,none here was saying they wanted better mileage while they stomped the pedal.I think we all know that is a waste.Sure there are some that wish to race diesels.Whatever floats your boat.I think this thread however was started with the thought of seeking better mileage and lubricity for the top end of the engine.In that,a lot of us have decided to try some additives"snake oils" if you will.I for one drive with the speedo set at exactly 65mph.And am always interested in better mileage.My biggest concern actually is for the lack of lubricity in the ulsd.So with keeping in the spirit of the thread I would like to know how much this snake oil costs.Maybe I'll try it.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM
pullinair
Elder User
Originally Posted by dryfly
Metalbender,none here was saying they wanted better mileage while they stomped the pedal.I think we all know that is a waste.Sure there are some that wish to race diesels.Whatever floats your boat.I think this thread however was started with the thought of seeking better mileage and lubricity for the top end of the engine.In that,a lot of us have decided to try some additives"snake oils" if you will.I for one drive with the speedo set at exactly 65mph.And am always interested in better mileage.My biggest concern actually is for the lack of lubricity in the ulsd.So with keeping in the spirit of the thread I would like to know how much this snake oil costs.Maybe I'll try it.
Well this is the last I will comment on what works for me. Dry Fly, It is 10.00 a bottle for "lubricity+fuel power" treats 250 gallons.

AKLIM and metal bender, as far as costs and wasting money down the drain. For every tank of fuel that I burn in the jetta (15 gallons per every 630 miles) I get an extra 3 miles per gallon per mile when running FPPF. That my friend is the savings of $4.XX per tank- or -an extra 40 miles of driving time on 15 gallons of fuel.

Now the bottle costs me $10.00 and it treats 250 gallons of fuel. That means that in my jetta alone it will treat 16 tanks. 16 tanks times $4.XX saved each tank is 64 dollars minus the 10 it took to by it , plus the lubricity that it contains is priceless, means that I am getting one free fill-up every 16 fillups. All becuase I bought some snake oil, (and the best at that) that makes my truck run great and takes away the turbo lag in my diesel jetta and cleans up the low cetane fuel I am paying top dollar for at the pump.

Sorry I can not give you mileage comparison on the 7.3L. I have not been driving it lately, the wife drives it to work everday. She has been ading FPPF every tankful. But we cannot afford to fill it every fuel stop she makes. So I cannot calculate by hand what it is getting. My truck has always averaged around between 17 and 18 mpg when we could afford to fill it and with FPPF in it I am merely noting that it runs quiet, smooth and much more responsive than anything I have tried in the past. My snake oil buttdynometer does not lie on this one. If you do not like it if you try it, do not run any more and go back to some other snake oil. I figure, if you have to put something in the tank to help with lubricity, and mpg, why not put the best in.

Quick Reply: Fuel additive?