6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Tuned Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we just buy the tune and down load it to our laptop? My be a silly question but why support these other places like superchips or who ever if you can make a tune so much better. I run a laptop in my truck all the time I have a stand for it just like the cops do it is always up. My be have real time gages on the desk top !

Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
1968gtcs
Senior User
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
The new unit is in no way affiliated with Superchips; it is designed by a hardware manufacturer to our own specification.

The actual test truck was flashed straight with a laptop; but is an exact copy of what is going in the new unit.
Does your programming have a way of accessing the "black box area" or "Tall tale area" of the trucks computer in order to clear it out or reset it?
The reason why I ask is that The ford engineers have a way of reading this area of the truck computer in order to determine if an after market device was used.
While my truck was being serviced the other day, I was talking to the GM about aftermarket devices. He had two 08 trucks in his service bays that had there warranties voided on the engines. Seams Ford engineers were called out on these 2 trucks. They were able to access the "black box" area of the trucks system computer and determined that after market devices were used, thus the warrenties were voided.
So I was wondering if you have a way to reset this data area of the trucks system computer?
I would really like to install one of your devices, but would want a way to remove it and reset the system computer before taking my truck in for service.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
irishammer
Senior User
No offense but do you guys ever wonder why Ford doesn't like warranty work. If you play you pay...thats the price of more power. The rest of the powertrain is probably not tested for that kind of power. Just my opinion. And NO I don't own a diesel...

Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
meanv10
Elder User
Man i cant believe you guys wold risk voiding your warranty on a brand new truck that you guys just paid huge bucks for, just to make some more power. This is a new moter that hasn't even been out very long, what if they find some huge defect that costs thousands to fix and you get f ed, because you threw a tuner on it. sounds craze to me. This might be because I'm young and ignorant, or it could just be the pure jelose i have towards someone being able to just throw a tuner on a truck and make almost 500hp and like 900ftlbs and that is refricken diculous.( to bad ford couldnt find a way to get that kind of power right form the factory, don't get me wrong though if i was in you guys shoes with a 6.4 i would be tempted) just my 2cents

Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
BrightRedFord
New User
Matt I also just bought a Superchip tuner from you 3 weeks ago, is that tune that you just posted going to be able to be down loaded on my flasher. If so how long before it's ready? Let me know. Thanks Ron

Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
mrxlh
Postmaster
Originally Posted by irishammer
No offense but do you guys ever wonder why Ford doesn't like warranty work. If you play you pay...thats the price of more power. The rest of the powertrain is probably not tested for that kind of power. Just my opinion. And NO I don't own a diesel...
So then why even bother to respond to this post? Matt was not looking for any opinion, let alone from a non diesel owner, he was however sharing info about a product he is going to offer, along with the potential the 6.0 engine fell short of due to the injection system used. I'll spell it out for you since you are non diesel owner. THIS MEANS THE 6.4 IS GOING TO BE RIVALING THE CUMAPART AND THE DOUCHEAMAX.

That is all.

P.S. Matt you should have put this in the performance section where we don't have to worry about "warranty geeks or epa geeks".

All in all, good job, can't get a software manufacturer to work with you, develop your own. Congrats.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
mrxlh
Postmaster
Originally Posted by meanv10
Man i cant believe you guys wold risk voiding your warranty on a brand new truck that you guys just paid huge bucks for, just to make some more power. This is a new moter that hasn't even been out very long, what if they find some huge defect that costs thousands to fix and you get f ed, because you threw a tuner on it. sounds craze to me. This might be because I'm young and ignorant, or it could just be the pure jelose i have towards someone being able to just throw a tuner on a truck and make almost 500hp and like 900ftlbs and that is refricken diculous.( to bad ford couldnt find a way to get that kind of power right form the factory, don't get me wrong though if i was in you guys shoes with a 6.4 i would be tempted) just my 2cents
No offense, but a v10 with a supercharger and 35's on it, yes I would chalk it up to your age. Cause the same could be said about your truck, what if.............

Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM
irishammer
Senior User
Originally Posted by mrxlh
So then why even bother to respond to this post? Matt was not looking for any opinion, let alone from a non diesel owner, he was however sharing info about a product he is going to offer, along with the potential the 6.0 engine fell short of due to the injection system used. I'll spell it out for you since you are non diesel owner. THIS MEANS THE 6.4 IS GOING TO BE RIVALING THE CUMAPART AND THE DOUCHEAMAX.

That is all.

P.S. Matt you should have put this in the performance section where we don't have to worry about "warranty geeks or epa geeks".

All in all, good job, can't get a software manufacturer to work with you, develop your own. Congrats.
If you read all the posts you SHOULD be smart enough to figure out I was talking to 1968gtcs...sorry I didn't quote it for you!!!I have not now nor ever had a problem with tuners...just people bumping up the motors to the maximum and trying to get the manufacturer to pay for it when it breaks...That is all...

Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 PM
versitek
Senior User
The reason for moding is to find out what is going to hold up or break. How do you think anything is going to get better if you dont push it to the limits. Ha mod it till it blows, then mod it again. Amen!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Is that dip in the torque at around 2400 when it switches between turbo's?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Jocaren
Elder User
great numbers, does this mean the 6.4 needs less hp to be faster than the 6l?

Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
1968gtcs
Senior User
Originally Posted by irishammer
If you read all the posts you SHOULD be smart enough to figure out I was talking to 1968gtcs...sorry I didn't quote it for you!!!I have not now nor ever had a problem with tuners...just people bumping up the motors to the maximum and trying to get the manufacturer to pay for it when it breaks...That is all...
irishmammer,
Guess I should have been a little more clear on the question.
Not trying to be a "warrenty geek". Probably should have ping'd Matt with a private message.
I agree in that if you add aftermarket tuners, then the Manufacturer should not be liable for the tuner breaking the engine. But, if the tuner is not responsible for the broken engine, then the Manufacturer should be liable. But the warrenty police are being really ****. If they see an aftermarket device was installed, even if it did not cause the breakage, then the warrenty is void. They will also start voiding the warrenty if you do not use a Ford air filter.
This is why I asked Matt if there may be a feature to reset the "black box" area of the computer.
I am very interested in Matt's device. Especially if it increases power as well as mpg.
Nice going Matt.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Demolition
Senior User
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
There is more power left. I'd venture to say that there is 525+ in the stock truck. Keep in mind that this is with completely stock hardware; no EGR removal and stock head gaskets. The truck hasn't had the first hiccup after 5 days of extremely hard driving (bordering on abuse).

I'm quite happy with the results so far and look forward to the 500+ numbers. Currently it is the most powerful 6.4 in the US
Matt, just wondering how much power you would contribute to the DPF delete? How much does that thing restrict performance?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:09 PM
irishammer
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1968gtcs
irishmammer,
Guess I should have been a little more clear on the question.
Not trying to be a "warrenty geek". Probably should have ping'd Matt with a private message.
I agree in that if you add aftermarket tuners, then the Manufacturer should not be liable for the tuner breaking the engine. But, if the tuner is not responsible for the broken engine, then the Manufacturer should be liable. But the warrenty police are being really ****. If they see an aftermarket device was installed, even if it did not cause the breakage, then the warrenty is void. They will also start voiding the warrenty if you do not use a Ford air filter.
This is why I asked Matt if there may be a feature to reset the "black box" area of the computer.
I am very interested in Matt's device. Especially if it increases power as well as mpg.
Nice going Matt.
I agree...they do sometimes deny warranty when it is warranted. Sometimes guys max out the power and snap parts and want Ford to pay...that's the problem I have.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
CONGRATS

There is more in there I am sure. 1000 pound feet souldn't be impossible keep tweeking the timing and adding more fuel until your fuel rail pressure drops off to 20k PSI and you should have it.

Nice to see ford in the game. Thumbs up guys.

Quick Reply: Tuned Dyno Numbers