1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Weekend plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well today i got to work on getting my new old ford going a 63 f250. put the new freeze plug in put gas in it electric fuel pump makes all sort of noise then just goes silent wont pump gas. pull pump take top of inside rubber peices all gooy. drive half hour to town to get a pump come home put it on try firing it as darks setting in crank it sounds like it wants to run then realize gas is leaking out of bottom of carb severly. pull carb and now i need to go get a rebuild kit tomorrow. but progress is progrees.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 AM
1949f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 373 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by create
that is probably the weirdest thing i have heard all day. However, i won't ask you to go into it, because im sure its all fubar.

ben
well to answer ben's quote, on a split level house,it is code to have a fire exit for all level's. the old porch was torn off by a tree falling.so it's not (FUBAR). i did finish the porch this mourning and now i am on my way out to the garage to fill more unused hole's in my frame.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:31 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,843 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Originally Posted by B/B ford
Bobby I always enjoy reading your posts. You bring a lot of enthusiasm to this hobby, and I find it very motivating.

Wayne
Wayne,

Thanks for the kind words. Making posts like this one hleps me to stay motivated, it seems like if I publically state what I plan on getting done it gives me an extra kick in the pants to actually go out in the garage and give it a shot.

Ross,

I can't tell you how many times my weekends go exactly as you describe. What you need is a big old frosty beverage cooler out in that shop of yours so that when the frustration level hits the critical threshold you can twist the top off a cold one and regroup for a bit (I have an old Pepsi machine in my garage)

AX,

Well, its official, you are now the proud inhabitant of a fully stocked shop. Three cheers to the wife for the great gift!

So far truck stuff has gone great!! I managed to finish my tailgate pin latches on Friday night. On saturday I ran errands with the wife in the morning but told her I didn't want to get drug out to go X-mas shopping until after dinner. I wanted the nice part of the day for truck stuff. I was able to install my pin latches in the tailgate and drill the holes in the besides. They work really good! I am very pleased with how they came out and work. I'll try and get a pic or two loaded up tomorrow.

Hopefully today will go smooth also

Good luck to you all
Bobby

Old 12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by 1949f1
well to answer ben's quote, on a split level house,it is code to have a fire exit for all level's. the old porch was torn off by a tree falling.so it's not (FUBAR). i did finish the porch this mourning and now i am on my way out to the garage to fill more unused hole's in my frame.
You're kidding?! Those are called "windows" everywhere I've ever lived! I don't envy doing that kind of work in the cold!

Old 12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
In some codes there not only needs to be an egressable window for each 2nd floor bedroom, but there needs to be some sort of landing outside of it that you can step out onto if the window is more than X feet from the ground. I assume the porch roof provides said landing.
We went to the car dealer Sat AM and ordered our new car (Pontiac Solstice GXP) Dealer had just gotten one in so he let us test drive it (we had only driven a base model previously at another dealer, they also had a GXP but it was the first one they had gotten in and expected to sell it at several $K over list so they didn't want it to have any miles on it.). What a blast to drive!!! The turbo kicks in at 2500 RPM and gives you one heck of a push into the seat!!! Then we went to work, we're open on Saturdays until Xmas. Today I just came in from working on Gracie all day. Completed the hinge pocket and took the dents out of the outside of the door. While pushing out the dents a crack appeared in the paint. Hmmm, that wasn't expected... (not that I cared about the paint) So I investigated further and found someone had skim coated over the dented area with bondo. I ground off the paint and 1/8" of bondo and found they had covered over some additional shallow dents and one deep inverted "pimple". I was able to remove the dents, but the pimple was stretched into the metal ~ 1/4" deep, 1" in diameter, so I had to break out the torch and heat shrink it out. All is well now. I had to make myself a couple tools to remove the dents. I made a long pick hammer out a ft long piece of 1/2" rod and welded an old heavy screwdriver to it 8" from the end as a handle. I didn't have a baseball bat handy so I made a wooden prying/pushing tool out of a piece of pine 2x2". Not as sturdy as hardwood but it worked. I'm going to need to pick up a couple bats as soon as wally-world puts them out again after Xmas. Bat's are essential body tools!