Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

(48-60 and beyond) Weekend Plans, Dreams, Wishful Thinking, Etc

Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
(48-60 and beyond) Weekend Plans, Dreams, Wishful Thinking, Etc

My Esteemed Colleagues,

Spring is in the air and the days are getting warmer, the call of the highway is irresistible. Now for some that means they can easily hop in the truck, fire the engine and head out to the open road. For others it means many hours of hard labor to make the truck drivable. In either case there will be a need to tweak some aspect of the truck.....

So, lets have it, what are the goals for this weekend? What items are going to be ticked off of the proverbial "to do" list?

As for myself I am still tweaking the bed floor I'm installing and I need to;
1. Decide how to attach the bed floor to the substructure
2. Depending on above, redo the bed to frame mounting bolts
3. Indulge in a frosty beverage(s)
4. Cut battery access door in bed floor and fabricate door, door mounting surface, hasp, etc
5. See Item #3
6. Sit back, relax, enjoy life and the small pleasures of tinkering in your garage

I wish you all the best, may your weeekend work progress smoothly
Bobby

Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster
Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm going to finish the filler and primer work on the passenger door and jamb, rehang the door and gap it. With that, the cab will be done. Bed is already finished.

Then I'll take the hood and front clip back off to finish some details on that.

Slowly but surely.....

Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
sparky
Posting Guru
sparky is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sparky is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I hope to finish reassembling the 302......maybe even paint it..... but probably #3 above more than the paint thing

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
packrat56
Posting Guru
packrat56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am going to try to figure out why the cooling fan is blowing fuses and change the oil.... And see #3 above

Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
Still waiting for the snow to end...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:58 AM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
59flatbedford is starting off with a positive reputation.
well more rust repair on the radiator support. but now that i know what im doing its turning out pretty good. hope i can finish the radiator support this weekend. then the doors and the fender and redo the grill and this and that and oh my god how im ever gonna put this thing back together. lol. have a good easter weekend everyone.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
See GNW.
Then get ready for Winter.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM
willyswrecking
Junior User
willyswrecking is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Weekend plans are to try and unstick the valves on my 226.

Dreams - To get the engine running

Wishful thinking - to find the elusive express bed in a somewhat repairable condition...

Yeah, I'm a dreamer....

Old 04-06-2007, 01:53 PM
mtflat
Post Fiend
mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Don't know if they'll get done over the weekend, but my immediate projects include doing a rough alignment (toe-in) after replacing the tierod ends last week.

Also I'm having trouble with brake lights and need to clean up the oily residue inside the engine compartment from excessive blowby. I think these two are somewhat related.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
stewards68
Senior User
stewards68 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I get my pile of parts back from the body shop this afternoon...I'm like a kid on christmas eve. Have to work tomorrow, but so excited that I've got some iron back to work on! Dozens of cool little projects to do on it, I'm gigglin' like a little girl...body reassembly, rewire, fire up brand new rebuilt engine, interior/upholstery, fit bed boards, etc., etc., .....yeehaw...

Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
53fatfndr
Postmaster
53fatfndr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.53fatfndr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just need to push it out and wash the bugs off...it got hit with bugs pretty good last weekend

Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
got a foot of snow on Tuesday. Been hovering at zero degrees(wind chill) ever since. But I did manage to sell the Audi parked in front of the 48, so it's free and clear to move. (wife's pleased to see one go instead of come) Probably split the last of the firewood this weekend...ya know....getting ready for winter.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:17 PM
primer85f150
Senior User
primer85f150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
going to get a seat i got off upay for 25 bucks, (van seat ) for my 51. some sanding, plexi in the front window to stop the rain, see #3 at regular intervals(after the trip) . and think i will drive it someday in the distant future . happy easter guys

Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to all
I have to study and take an exam for my RV tech course Sat, then have family coming over for Easter dinner Sunday, so the truck will have to wait another day Maybe I'll get back to it, Someday.....

Old 04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
My Ford Truck
Senior User
My Ford Truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spring? What spring? I'm with Vern, Dick, and Havi, only lucky enough to be far enough south (Illinois) that we didn't get snow. Just cold. This cold has really dampened the progress I was making tearing apart my '55 and I am not happy!

Guess I'll just have to make some cookies Saturday afternoon, have a couple of frosty ones Saturday night, and celebrate Easter on Sunday. In the meantime, make plans for getting out to my '55 next weekend and do some more demolition.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (48-60 and beyond) Weekend Plans, Dreams, Wishful Thinking, Etc

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.