Sponsored by:

Flogged the Cap'n

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Flogged the Cap'n

So I took the Cap'n to Portland last weekend to play in the St Helens mud bog. It was a total madhouse and way too crowded but we had fun. I just found out my neighbor kid somehow destroyed my video tape when he was trying to upload the vids for me but Dusten got some footage of me going through the tank trap: http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/....php?id=277713

Everything worked pretty well all things considered. I wasn't able to get my fuel sytem working properly, didn't have time to get my driveline clearanced, didn't get my front ag tires and a few other misc odds and ends but nothing broke and I didn't get stuck. I was having some tranny cooling issues while I yarded a Bronco out of the tank trap so that's my project for this month. If my plan works out I'll post up about it.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
1970Custom
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ivan my GF likes your truck and said that her and I need to come up next time.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
They still don't have a date posted for the next one but I'm e-mailing them right now to find out. We heard a rumor that it was going to be the last Saturday in January but I haven't got it confirmed yet. If nothing major interferes with my schedule I'll be there for the next several runs before I bring the truck home. Pro couldn't bring his truck due to a munched belt which is a small thing but there were NO parts houses open on New Years so he just rode shotgun instead.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you people and your dang trailer queens

Old 01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by chrono4
you people and your dang trailer queens
Trailer queen . . . bwahaha! I actually drove the truck 376 miles, from my house to Pro's. Then I drove to the mud bog on a pair of ag tires out back.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:39 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ivan, i thought your truck wasnt road legal?

Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by chrono4
ivan, i thought your truck wasnt road legal?
It isn't. It's very illegal in Washington and there are a couple things that technically don't fly in Oregon either but they're not so tough on 4x4's down there as they are up here. I've put about 500 miles on my truck in town in the past couple months, local cops don't hassle me it's just the State Patrol I have to look out for. I passed 2 patrol cars (driving opposite direction) on my way to Pro's place but neither turned around to stop me. The other 3 I passed were all stopped at a wreck.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM
fordman300
Senior User
next time pull the chip out of the rev limiter before u go threw .
6000 is just getting into it with those tfs street heads

Old 01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
ramboss429
Posting Guru
Ivan - Great to see the cap'n gettin dirty! She sounded pretty good in the vid! Today my truck is going to get its cherry popped as well.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
geeeez man, FINALLY, lol

glad you finally got that beast of a truck out and about again. i am amazed however you drove it that far! i am impressed you were willing to put that kind of mileage on those tires but i guess when you have your kind of bling you can afford it

that is a pretty good excuse on pro's part. if he is anything like me he has a couple of spare belts laying around cause we all know they seem to go at the most in opprotune times... my theory is he wanted to see what your truck would do before getting his out.

ivan, i love your truck and plan on building another fullsize one day after i get settled down

-cutts-

Old 01-05-2006, 03:04 PM
gyger1
Senior User
WOW that engine sounds like it's drooling power!
I want my engine to sound like that someday!

Cool video do you mind if I put it up on my site with Pro's?
The coolest thing ever would be you and Pro muddin side
by side in a big pit that would just be kick ****!

Old 01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
that is a pretty good excuse on pro's part. if he is anything like me he has a couple of spare belts laying around cause we all know they seem to go at the most in opprotune times... my theory is he wanted to see what your truck would do before getting his out.
Well, yes and no. It was kinda my bad. I do usually have spares and when I spit my pulley the night before (which wiped out the belt) I went to grab one. Which was about the point I realized that I was already using my spare (which got wiped out) and all I had left was one for the alt. From now on I'm buying spares three at a time I have to confess though, it wasn't that big of a deal not to take my truck up this time because it was Ivan's day to shine. Which it sure as hell did

Old 01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
that is a pretty good excuse on pro's part. if he is anything like me he has a couple of spare belts laying around cause we all know they seem to go at the most in opprotune times...
The ironic part is that it WAS his spare belt that got munched. I think both our trucks were cursed. On my drive down my truck spit a power steering pulley never to be found again. The pump had seized up and tore the pulley right off. I knew the pump was on its way out so I had a spare with me, no big deal. Saturday night we're getting everything finished up on our trucks at about 10PM when I hear "plink" in Pro's garage and notice a PS pulley on the floor. I thought it had to be mine at first but it was his, mysteriously popped right off. When it came loose it ate his belt. He drove it to breakfast the next morning but it wouldn't have survived the high RPM drive at the bog and no PS in that mud with those tires isn't an option.

Gyger, sure you can use the video, it's not mine anyway.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:19 PM
armikk
Junior User
Originally Posted by ivanribic
Trailer queen . . . bwahaha! I actually drove the truck 376 miles, from my house to Pro's. Then I drove to the mud bog on a pair of ag tires out back.
Great googily-moogily... 376 miles? How did the ag tires do on the drive to the bogs? And, what tires did you have on for the 376 mile portion of the trip?

Old 01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Grant12
Senior User
That was excellent that monster sounded sweet your right about the crowd they looked awful close to the end.I proud to say that vid made my day.Girls like chocolate Men love mud!appreciate ya!

Quick Reply: Flogged the Cap'n