2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Geez! Is anyone happy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 06:04 PM
FX4x4x4
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez! Is anyone happy?

"My truck vibrates" "My truck nibbles"

Is there anyone here who is happy? Of the 3 ford sites I visit this one is definatly the most negative. Maybe its just me but it sounds like everyone regrets their purchase.

My truck should be here in about 2 weeks. Im scared to death its gonna fall apart a mile from the dealership!

Tom

Old 08-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Dunk
Elder User
Mines perfect..........so far at 560 miles. Well the AC needs little tweeking, but that's not a big deal... Oh wait the molding around the sunroof looks like they used to much molding and it's buckling out in the center along the front edge. The glue they use don't seem to setup.. I could clear that up with a little 3M 5200, but I let the dealer screw with that when I take it back for 1000 mile oil change..

Old 08-03-2004, 06:21 PM
ftsrb01
Junior User
I think alot of people are very happy with their purchases. Just alot of minor problems which people get annoyed with, but I think it's expected with a new model year. Ford will eventually work out all the kinks.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:22 PM
rsadajar
Freshman User
My truck is great so far (knock on wood). I have 4k miles on it and A/C is cold, drive is smooth.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Bugburp
Freshman User
Most people talk about the neg. stuff. If your quiet, your happy. I'm happy.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:32 PM
gmcplus03
Senior User
been very happy so far with my f150. quiet, smooth, no problems to this point. have not regretted getting this truck for one moment.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Bulldog44
Junior User
Just got back from Vacation on a 400 mile trip down to Florida and 400 miles back (to Louisiana) and everything worked as it should. Me and the wife up front and the two daughters in the back of my Scab. Ride was smooth, and sweet

I installed a K&N air filter before the trip, and just back and forth between work, I got an extra 2 MPG (from 14.5-15 mpg to now 16.99 mpg), and on the trip I got 18+ MPG (driving 65-75 on interstate) this is with the 5.4 V8, 4x4 XLT.
MPG may have been better, but Jackson, Miss. has road work going on, and on the way back a spill of some kind, and I had to stop & putter down the interstate for a short time both times I passed through.
AND, getting on the interstate at times, I had to really gas it to get into the traffic....she will flat get up and git....
Overall, I love my truck, it preforms better than I expected.
Bulldog44...

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2004, 06:59 PM
khendrix
Senior User
I love my truck too. Only problem was the rear end clutch packs need to be replaced. BUt my dealer fixed it no problem.
Only complaint is the A/C (IMO) isn't cold enough.

Awesome truck. Havent regreted buying it at all.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:21 PM
ATCS2004
Senior User
I've had my 2004 Screw Lariat 4x2 since Nov 03. I now have 10,800 miles and haven't had any problems. I don't regret buying at all. I wish I'd ordered the DVD system and wish Ford would have had the electrical harness in the overhead for future modifications. I think they are doing that in the 2005 model.

I have driven my truck on several trips and consistantly got between 16 and 21mpg. Even driving to and from work I get 15-17mpg. The ride, it rides like a dream! No vibe, or nibble problems at all.

I believe that most people are very pleased with there trucks and the negative posts are a small % of owners.

Best of luck with your new truck when it arrives.

JC

Old 08-03-2004, 07:24 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FX4x4x4
...Is there anyone here who is happy? Of the 3 ford sites I visit this one is definatly the most negative. Maybe its just me but it sounds like everyone regrets their purchase.

My truck should be here in about 2 weeks. Im scared to death its gonna fall apart a mile from the dealership!...
I'll probably get blasted just for sharing my opinion, but here goes:
You have a new truck, and you paid a lot of money for it. You're having problems, and you're trying to get them resolved. Maybe other people have the same problem, so you go surfing for answers. Has anyone noticed which site turns up FIRST on Google or Yahoo! searches when you type in "Ford Trucks?" Yup, you got it: this one. You start poking around, you find this forum and HEY!- there are all these other people with the same problem.

On the other hand....................you've got a new truck, and it's running beautiful. It's the best one you've ever owned. Since you aren't having any problems, there's nothing to resolve, no need to go searching for answers, etc.... I think you get the point. If you're happy with your new purchase, you forget about it and go on with your life. If you're NOT happy, you're looking for resolution, and you wind up here. The question I've asked before, the one that can't be accurately answered, is this: for every unhappy owner that turns up on FTE, how many happy owners are there that we never hear from? One? Ten? A thousand? Zero? I won't even pretend to be unbiased on this issue (I sell the darn things, for crying out loud...), but I also have to wonder: if the 150 was as bad as some make it out to be, why do we only hear about it here? Why hasn't it made the national news? Where's Dateline's investigation? The F-150 is Ford's cash cow- if this was a bad truck all-around, surely the news would have made its way to CNN/ Fox/ WSJ, etc.. by now, right?

Old 08-03-2004, 07:42 PM
ATCS2004
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
I'll probably get blasted just for sharing my opinion, but here goes:
You have a new truck, and you paid a lot of money for it. You're having problems, and you're trying to get them resolved. Maybe other people have the same problem, so you go surfing for answers. Has anyone noticed which site turns up FIRST on Google or Yahoo! searches when you type in "Ford Trucks?" Yup, you got it: this one. You start poking around, you find this forum and HEY!- there are all these other people with the same problem.

On the other hand....................you've got a new truck, and it's running beautiful. It's the best one you've ever owned. Since you aren't having any problems, there's nothing to resolve, no need to go searching for answers, etc.... I think you get the point. If you're happy with your new purchase, you forget about it and go on with your life. If you're NOT happy, you're looking for resolution, and you wind up here. The question I've asked before, the one that can't be accurately answered, is this: for every unhappy owner that turns up on FTE, how many happy owners are there that we never hear from? One? Ten? A thousand? Zero? I won't even pretend to be unbiased on this issue (I sell the darn things, for crying out loud...), but I also have to wonder: if the 150 was as bad as some make it out to be, why do we only hear about it here? Why hasn't it made the national news? Where's Dateline's investigation? The F-150 is Ford's cash cow- if this was a bad truck all-around, surely the news would have made its way to CNN/ Fox/ WSJ, etc.. by now, right?
BRAVOOOOO!!!!!

Old 08-03-2004, 08:01 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Oh, no congratulatories quite yet, ATCS2004. The night is still young, and the denizens are lurking, waiting, scheming..................

Old 08-03-2004, 08:15 PM
sandrat
Posting Guru
I think personally from the ones I've driven at work (Ford Stealer, I mean DEALERship) they're good trucks, but not GREAT trucks. They're was a lot of hype before they introduced the 04, and it's a very solid vehicle, just not the new mousetrap. From the complaints that I've heard, it's very much that: people expecting the greatest things since sliced bread. Also, I agree Jeff (your name is Jeff, isn't it 1956markII?) that the most vocal group is going to be the minorty of customers w/ problems, however minute. I think you'll be happy with your truck, if you were happy with any previous fords you've owned, good luck and congrats!

Old 08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
will1010
Freshman User
gas mileage

I still can't believe these MPG claims from a lot of people.I have S-cab, 4X2,(yes, 4X2) lariat with a 5.4,10,000 miles,and vey conservative driving and can only get 14.5 MPG combined on every tank,(a little bit more city).been thru winter driving and now warm weather driving without A.C.on. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by sandrat
..Also, I agree Jeff (your name is Jeff, isn't it 1956markII?)...
Oh no, my identity's been revealed!!! I've told you people a THOUSAND times, never reveal my true name in public!! Now I'll have to go to San Diego and take this before the High Council!! Go to the Super-Duty "Warranty do's and dont's" thread for an explanation of THAT one!

Quick Reply: Geez! Is anyone happy?