2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Geez! Is anyone happy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 06:23 AM
rang4wd
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have a black 2004 F150, it is real hard to keep clean. Very nice when it is clean though. I have 3700 miles on my truck now, not a vibration or problem. Plus I have averaged 18.1 mpg in combined highway/urban driving. Just about what I averaged with my 2000 Ranger.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:10 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by orangebanzai
hi 1956mark2..........once in awhile, u hear about ford loyality discounts, such as, 500 bucks off if your last vehicle was a ford truck etc. My local dealer said those have to be mailed to you the buyer from Ford. don't suppose there is any kind of list to get on so you could get one of these when they are issued again if ever ??
I wish. Once in a while, there are lists, but they are given to the dealers for their own customers. I wouldn't have access to another dealer's lists. For the most part, though, these lists are held within Ford, and the only way the dealers know who's on them is when the customer shows up with the coupon they got from Ford.

And, once again, I get to see my words twisted and my opinions trashed. It may very well be that the vibration problems listed here are just the tip of the iceberg: maybe 90% of all F-150s have a vibration issue, maybe it's 10%. Ford sold over 430,000 F-150s in the first 6 months of this year ALONE; to try to determine what percentage of those have problems based solely on what's posted on this website is ludicrous and inaccurate. I'm trying to look at this from an engineer's or statistician's point of view, not an irate customer or a biased salesperson.

Last edited by 1956MarkII; 08-04-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Golddig
New User
A big hello from Golddig ,
We now have 17,800 Km , this vehicle is a 2004 Fx4 , and has to be one of the better
trucks we have owned.
While on vacation we traveled the United States westward , up through Montana , into Alberta Canada as far as Edmonton and back east ,towards Ontario Canada. This trip was 6588 km , the truck responded very well and we enjoyed the trip .
Our fuel economy was 23 mpg at speeds held fairly constant at 100 to 120 km with
cruise control.
Thank-you

Old 08-04-2004, 08:28 AM
FordRuss
Senior User
Please keep an open mind and don't blast me yet...

My current truck has been very reliable.. 76K miles and in the shop once for warranty work ( 3 hrs.).. I've replaced the battery, tires and front pads... That's it.. I change the oil every 3K-5K miles depending how much I tow my boat or go hunting..

My previous truck was a POS.. 3 tranny's; in the shop 9 times in the first year alone; and the last shop (Dealer) visit was 6 months long.. I had to go to BBB & file a complaint to get a free loaner.. It wasn't the scope of the work but the ineptness of the dealership.. I finally dumped the truck w/ only 35K miles..

Now for the painful part... Neither of those trucks were Fords.. I'm here on this site because I believe that Ford has the knowledge, potential and desire to make the best truck around.. I build a new Ford truck every day (online) and customize it to my mood at the time.. Although not a current Ford owner, I'm definitely a Ford Enthusiast and my next truck will more than likely be a Ford..

The reason I even Posted, at the risk of getting my rep points slammed , was to show that ALL Manufacturers have problems with SOME of their vehicles.. Sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't. None of the 'Big 3" are heck bent on self-destruction.. I'm glad to see some Posts from owners of great running Fords..

Thanks for keeping an open mind..

Russ

Old 08-04-2004, 08:52 AM
YOMAN
Elder User
very happy with my FX4 supercrew so far its almost 600 miles on it.

bought it from jeff, 1956markII.

Later,
YOMAN!

Old 08-04-2004, 09:22 AM
fatman66
Senior User
I found this site after I had test driven all the trucks out there and ordered an F-150 b/c I thought it was the best overall. After reading about the problems and issues I got really paranoid and was having second thoughts about my purchase. A few wise people, even some suffering from the probelms I believe, gave me the good advice that it was probably a small number of vehcicles compared to the overall number and the chances were that my truck would be fine. It is fine and I'm glad that I stuck with my order, I love my truck and havn't had any problems after almost 3000 miles and I loved it on the two long trips I've taken in it. You always take a chance buying a new model year, and all the trucks out ther have their major issues, even proven older designs like the Silverado (piston slap anyone?). I'm more disturbed by the service most with problems report getting from Ford dealers and Ford customer service. I don't worry about that b/c I bought from a dealer with an excellent reputation for customer service and satisfaction and they have been good to me so far (hint hint Van Bortel Ford). It is good to hear that the DSB is getting some of the people with the unfixable problems their money back b/c that is what it is there for and it seems to be working. JMHO.

Hey Jeff, I've been away for awhile but I see that some things never change, hope your asbestos suit holds up, keep fighting the good fight.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Ripper2131
New User
Purchased my RED F-150 STX SCAB 4x4 4.6L the first of Feb 04. Already have 15K on it thanks to a daily commute from Northern MD to Northern VA for the last 5 months.

Have yet to experience any significant problems. I have some sticky residue that appears on my front windows every time you roll them down...Comes right off with some Armor All widnow cleaner.

Any one have thoughts on how to keep a pari of floor mats from sliding around on the floor? Tried some industrial strength VELCRO, but the dimples on the back of the floor mats doesn't allow the VELCRO tape to stick very well.

My salesman had a LUND stone gard installed and I've purchased aftermarket Ventshades, and a Tonneau cover. Also installed an AirHog air filter. Doing anything I can to get a few extra MPGs when I was making a 70 mile commute...

I'm very happy with my F-150...I was driving a Kia Spectra!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Jagged Edge
New User
4000 miles and I still think its great. The only thing is it gets dirty and it hasn't washed it self yet.
JE

Old 08-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Motoguy79
Junior User
I am one of the lucky ones I guess that got the "perfect truck" I am totally pleased with it and have never had any of the problems people complain about except the throttle lags a tad (microtuner will be here on friday to take care of that). I love this truck, third truck I have owned and this is by far the nicest/sturdiest one I have had to date.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Xtremeview
Freshman User
I will admit after i first bought my truck these ford message boards kinda made me iffy about my purchase aswell. but after a bit of my own experance with my truck im not worried about anything.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
rang4wd
Junior User
I read these message boards also. I have had nothing but good luck with my previous Ford. So I went ahead and bought the F150. My brothers (2 of them) have 2001 F150's and they have had no major problems. Ford lives by the F150 sales, so I figured I was good shape with the purchase. I am very happy with my F150. I would recommend one to anybody looking for a fullsize truck.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:38 PM
zer0cool
Senior User
Out of every vehicle I've ever owned, I've never been happier than I am with my new F-150. (Well, except maybe my very first car in high school). And believe me, I've had several over the past few years. A 97' ford Ranger, 97 Acura 3.5 RL, 2001 PT Cruiser, 2003 Pontiac Firebird, 2000 Ford Explorer, 2004 Mustang, and now my 2004 S-Cab Lariat. Think I'm finally ready to settle down. Just had my 5000 mile maintenance done, and I'm happy as the day I got it. I've got the 5.4 and average around 16 mpg in mixed driving conditions. I let my parents borrow it for a trip recently, and they got 18 mpg of mostly freeway driving.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:08 PM
m@m
Senior User
Angry m@m

Originally Posted by KCSport
16,000 miles and nothing yet. Best truck I have ever owned.
great to here good news for a change!! not so lucky with mine.its the vib thing.. only two ?? .. what brand tires // and where was it made..thanks m@m

Old 08-04-2004, 08:05 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
My truck has been in the shop 3 times but it's fixed and I LOVE it!

Old 08-05-2004, 12:33 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
6,000 miles on a scab flareside, only shop visit was the 5K insp (had PCM reflashed then, also). Did great on a 700-mile trip to OBX and back. Have changed oil 300, 2,500, and 5,000 miles for "peace of mind" during break-in. Absolutely pleased with this truck, no regrets whatsoever!

Quick Reply: Geez! Is anyone happy?