2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Geez! Is anyone happy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Preacher150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have almost 15K miles. I have been to Mexico and several other trips. I am super happy. I have a minor vibration but just have not been willing to be without it for a day or two. I am sure they can fix it but if they can't it is so minor that it still earns the title of "best truck I've ever had". I've had Fords, Chevys and GMCs and this one is great because of the ride and comfort.

You will enjoy yours I am sure. The problems make their way to these groups because people are looking for answers. I had two problems.
1. slippin sensation in rear end - dealer replaced clutch packs and problem solved
2. excessive brake dust - replaced pads with others and problem solved

In both cases I got answers and suggestions here.

Good Luck

Old 08-05-2004, 01:18 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Don't know if my comments are welcome here or not since I don't own an f150. I have an 03 f250. I took that in for warranty repairs yesterday and have been driving an 04 f150 screw as a loaner. It is a very easy drive. By that I mean it feels like a car. It is fairly comfortable. I am enjoying the turning radius compared to the 250. My complaints are, the smaller doors because of the crew cab I suppose. It feels a bit sluggish like it is down on torque, I don't know the specs. One thing I will give it, it is so quiet and smooth at idle, I keep looking at the tach to make sure it's still running. All in all, pretty nice piece of machinery.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
BreezyRacer
Freshman User
Over 10 k on my Lariat and it's a killer truck. I think that one of the big reasons for vibration problems, etc is because the truck's so quiet and comfortable and any little issue becomes a distraction to the otherwise amazing drive of these vehicles. You used to have to really compromise to drive a truck around .. wind noise, tranny noise, jerky shifting, wandering steering, etc. But you knew you were driving a truck.

In this thing I have to look in the rear view, at the bed, to know I'm in a truck. It's just that good. Ford has raised the standard and in doing so they've made us all a little more picky.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
WEB
Senior User
I am also one of the almost quite happy owners.

I have had my FX4 since November last year, 7000 miles and I have loved every minute and mile. I constently get compliments and many head turns. I have let 6 friends drive mine and they all bought one. And guess what Each and every one of them have had zero problems also.

They have bought different models and body styles so we have a complete compliment from XL to Lariet and FX4.

Jeff I will throw you a sftball also. Your advice has always been up front with no punches pulkled and I have seen the many flaming arrows thrown your way and not one of them were deserved

I appreciate everyones view point but like I said Us happy F150 owners are mostly silent but with a huge possum eating grin on our faces.

I would buy this truck as is all over again.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
greenroses
Senior User
I'm not happy.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:47 AM
hovy
Senior User
happy with mine!

Old 08-07-2004, 09:40 PM
fishead
Junior User
Smile

LOVE MY FX4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2004, 09:54 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Originally Posted by orangebanzai
kcsport, what color is your truck...cant tell if its silver gray or arizona beige???? nice truck, i too am looking at reg cab, but with 5.4.....

Dark Shadow Grey.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Mudlord
Senior User
I got my Lariat supercrew last October. It has 9500 miles on it, including 600 just today, and I love every minute I get to spend behind the wheel. I even love seeing it sitting in my garage. I've had a couple of minor problems, but nothing to get upset about. Every vehicle ever made is going to have some kind of problem at some point.

Anybody who asks me gets the same answer - I love my truck and I highly recommend it.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:47 PM
mjj0000
New User
I love my truck, one small radio problem and a sticky pasenger door latch. No vibration problems what so ever.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
garman
Junior User
4800 miles no problems,love my screw lariat bright red all options

Old 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Count me in on the "happy" side of the vote. This is the third thread I've seen on page one asking the same question. I think people are worried because of what seems to be a "lot" of folks having some form of trouble or another with their trucks. Well guess what. We are all eventually going to have to fix the truck because it's not "immortal." It's metal, plastic, and moving parts thus eventually everything will one by one break on it. Some will have this happen the day they drive it off the lot and some won't see it until 10's of thousands of miles have been put on it. I sympathize with those that have the earlier problems, but they are in no way representative of the majority of 2004 F150's. Naturally a forum such as this will draw those that have problems. That's part of what this forum is for, to help each other WHEN these problems arise. Those trying to make it sound like all the trucks are bad are doing a disservice to not only those with problems, but all 2004 F150 truck owners.

Old 08-08-2004, 11:57 PM
MX2004
Senior User
Happy with my 04 screw. More people express the bad of things than the good. I found this forum after buying my truck and started to freak out with all the negativity but disregarded it because most of the people here are having problems and a lot of them are just mad. My other vehicle has 105k miles and I understand things break down. I've taken it in for service more times that I would of wanted to but I don't get mad. I just take it in to the shop and get over it... getting over it allows you to enjoy your vehicle a lot more.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:35 AM
MDC85
Freshman User
I have taken two 1400 mile trips home in my F-150 without a problem(except for the nail in my tire which I will be taking up with ford).

9,000 miles not a single issue with the truck other than one stroke of bad luck

Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
blatherskite
Senior User
I'm happy!

I'm happy with my FX4 super cab but I've only had it for 3 days. I was a little concerned about all the vib problems noted here but I also understand that all manufacturer's have problems with some vehicles - especially with an all new design. I would also be quite upset if I took mine in with a problem and the dealer/Ford just blew me off and said its 'normal' - thats why I bought mine from a trusted dealer. He helped me find the truck I wanted (since he didn't have one on his lot to meet my desires) and he went and got it from another dealership about 60 miles away (he was willing to go up to 250-300 miles if needed).

My personal opinion is that there has to be some common denominator for the vibration problem(s) - quite possibly a batch of parts that were bad etc. It sounds like there may be more than one problem (vibration vs steering wiggle) and that only complicates matters. Communication can be a critical factor as well when trying to describe the problems - the dealer tech can test drive it but that typically won't tell the whole story compared to you driving it every day. I guess my point here is that it can take some time to sort everything out and determine the true cause of any problem when you are talking about a complicated piece of machinery such as a pickup.

I realize its difficult to do if you are the one with the problem, but 'patience is a virtue' and as stated above, we need to try to remember that they aren't all going to be perfect (in fact probably none are perfect). And yet I do sympathize with those who are having problems!!!

Quick Reply: Geez! Is anyone happy?