Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you drive a Bronco?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:48 AM
4poco
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own a 96 xlt Bronco..... I bought this because Well, they just dont make full size anymore ! you know I never seem to drive it anymore but would NEVER consider selling. We have all Ford trucks at our company and there getting Lots Lots miles from them. 2 or 3 100 Thousand. If this holds true for me, should never need to buy anything again. Besides, Broncos are Bitchin !!!!!

Old 02-15-2004, 11:22 AM
spike501
New User
Cuz its a FORD!!!...and AZpete is correct ....chicks dig em

Old 02-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Capone
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re:chicks dig em
----------------------
Awwww yeah...they certainly do......

Old 02-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Johnboy_BoomerSooner
Elder User
Well... I started out with an 85 Eddie Bauer Bronco II in High School... 31X10.50's, Fosgate system, sure was a lot of fun on Friday nights whether I was mudding somewhere, cruising town, or just out somewhere in BFE with the back seat laid down... well, you know, the chicks dug it. Anyway, I just out grew it and it's capibilities... it wasn't much for towing, or for pulling friends out if they got stuck. I got an opportunity to buy the one I have now when I was 19. I've had it for 8 years now and I'm not sure if I will ever part with it, you would have to shoot it to kill it.

Going topless is a big plus over the B2, not to mention towing and pulling ability, room inside, availability of aftermarket parts... etc. etc.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Big Ol Truck
Senior User
Bronco, oh Bronco - how I love thee - let me count the ways:

1) I love it when my son gets in the truck and tries to make sounds like my glass packs. Or how he hates it when we drive one of the Jeeps.

2) I love the way my labs look when they poke their heads out of the back.

3) I love meeting new people - like tow truck drivers and parts store employees.

4) I love the way gas stations smell. Driving my Bronco on a daily basis ensures that I will get to test almost every one I pass.

5) I love having conversations with strangers. Such as "Why do you drive that gas guzzling dinosaur...don't you know it's your fault that our gas prices are where they are today?" and coming back with "Let's get in an accident and THEN have this conversation."

6) I love not being able to fit in any parking garage, or my own garage for that matter.

7) I love terrorizing smaller cars on the freeway, which are almost always being driven by the folks in #5.

8) I love needing a step ladder to check the oil (and I'm 6'3")

9) I love watching my wife drive it to the soccer fields and bust all the images of a soccer (playing) mom.

10) It's not a Blazer.

Last edited by Big Ol Truck; 02-17-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Griffkay
Junior User
Well i am on my first Bronco a 1988 EB 351 5.8 =) and i love the thing. I do not know how i lived with out it. it is comfortable, tuff, sexy, Dependable, Big, it can even double as a hotel room... UM... OK just the Hotel Bed .., it's rugged and most of all one of the safest vehicles i have ever driven. I can do anything with my Bronco go off roading, on trails, sand, mud, and Snow the list goes on and on... My bronco is a daily driver and i also would like to add that I LOVE buying gas.

Old 02-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Indybroncoman
Senior User
I was in the middle of the Persian Gulf and decide that I needed a new hobby and picked four wheelin' and wrenching on trucks. A Jeep wouldn't do it cuz my two Great Danes wouldn't fit. A Ramcharger wasn't issued cuz the aftermarket sucks for 'em. It was between the Blazer and Bronco and the Blazers didn't have anything (drivetrain wise) onn the Bronco so the Bronco won out. I'm currently looking for another one to turn into a drag Bronco.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:51 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Indybroncoman
I'm currently looking for another one to turn into a drag Bronco.
a drag bronco? that should be interesting. strip or mud?

Old 02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Wolf_Spyder
New User
Well, you all seem to be having so much fun...

I started young;

- My first car ride was in a '69 Mach 1 Mustang. My Mom crashed it when I was about eight.

- Dad's first truck was a beefy '79 F-250 4x4 Monster Mud Truck.

- My first car was a White '77 Mustang II w/ a slightly warm 302, 9" rear, T-5 tranny, and a front spoiler. The after marker speed-o would only read upto 120 mph.......... after that, you quit looking at the speed-o and just try to keep it in your own lane. I crashed it really bad when my oldest daughter was only 6 weeks old. I took out 2 street signs, 2 telephone poles, a 30 foot section of fence, glided over / jumped a small creek and came to rest inside a fallen down old barn. I walked away... No lie.

- My '90 Bronco will go any where I have tryed to take it. I love the interior space. I love going topless in the spring and summer. I have lots of plans for the truck. My wife loves it.

My oldest daughter and I take it on logging trails. We use it to get guys and gear back to the paintball field. The trails back to the field are very ruff stuff, pretty much out of reach for some stock 4x4's.

'90 Bronco
White'n Blue
351 Winsor
E4OD
BG 1356
31" BFG AT's

- coming soon;

6" BDS suspension lift and upgrade to - 35" BFG AT's

rebuild - BG 1356
rebuild - Dana 44 TTB w/ 4.10s

swap-out - 8.8"
swap-in - Dana 60 w/ 4.10s & Detroit Locker

swap-in - 200 amp alternator
fabricate - over head light rack
fabricate - front and rear custom bumpers

- and then... ;

swap-out - BG 1356
swap-in - NP205 T-case w/ NP203 Dubbler

and then.........

-- Wolfy

Old 03-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Broncobirdy
Senior User
Great thread...
1. I am a big guy its a big truck.
2. It just feels good driving down the road with the windows down sitting high.
3. I like working on it. I look forward to planning upgrades and then get to test them out after. It like Christmas day every time I do that.
4. Its a Ford. I love the Ford trucks!
5. Chicks dig 'em. But don't tell my wife... it seems every once in a while I will get a friendly, curious glance on the road.
7. Its got a great fan base where you can talk about them, and parts are pretty easy to come by also.
8. Driving a Bronco is such a guy thing. I don't see many dorks driving them. When I see a woman driving one they all seem kinda hot. You have to appreciate a woman that drives a Bronco...Its kinda like seeing a girl walk by in a parking lot. "Oh she looks like a 5....no wait dude she is getting in that sweet bronco....Yeah.....Dude she is like an 8"..
Thats why i like driving my Bronco...

Old 03-27-2004, 09:34 PM
rusty u-joint
New User
I like the fact that I can head down any trail in the woods, and not worry about needing an acre to turn the thing around, and come out.

Oh yea, if I have a bear after me, I can put in 4-low, and climb a tree.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:56 PM
pirocat29
Freshman User
well see my first car - third was a GMC product always broke down bought a 93 exploder runs awsome don't really mind the rust and i had to get another one. Neighbor was selling an 82 full size came with bunch of spare parts including spare trans and t-case didn't run but for $650 can't beat it

Old 03-28-2004, 03:06 AM
GotLift
Elder User
I drove a Toyota Tacoma for four years. I loved the reliability of the truck, but wanted a full size. I can't afford the newer trucks and I have always loved the look of a Bronco. I can put $4000 into it and have a big bad Bronco for less than $13,500 after the mods. That's pretty cheap! Can't wait to get started! It will have a 6" lift and 35's soon.

Old 03-28-2004, 04:02 AM
Makofan
New User
I'd like to encourage your pursuit of the Bronco. Send me an email address and I'll send you a pic of one that looks like it's breathing !

Mark

Besides, they were real trucks. I have a tahoe as well, it's a car in comparison except for the motor!

Old 03-28-2004, 06:53 AM
fishin machine
Senior User
So I could run over little pieces of junk like off of Fast n' Furious. I have a 93 eb /351 efi. I needed a reliable truck when I joined the Coast Guard and got sent to the U.P. of MI.

Quick Reply: Why do you drive a Bronco?