6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

emission code

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Fatz29708
Senior User
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kper05
Remember to backup the default config before you make any changes.

I didn't have any issues configuring the 4 blinks but could not get the BCM to take the bambi mode config on my 2011 (which needs it). Mine is a base XLT without auto headlights and I wonder if that is the reason. I have that feature enabled on my 2017 Fusion and it's great.
2011 / 2012 are weird as they can be with forscan, to get bambi mode to work 726-11-01 change the last digit in the first series of numbers to a 2, xxx2, leave the rest alone and save/write, xxx1 is disabled BTW.

Old 12-28-2020, 02:05 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bone
My drama is still not over. I got some new codes today. then the dreaded message on the info screen. 50 miles till 50MPH limit. I tried to clear the codes but info screen still has the message. Have to call the dealer today. This will not be cheap. Just when I thought my truck was fixed.
P207F:00-EC
P207F-C
These are not something I can't fix.
That sucks you are still having an issue. Did you check the resistance of the old heater before replacing it? If not then maybe the line heater is the issue.

I also notice you didn't dump out the DEF in the tank like I did. Is it possible you contaminated the fluid when you took off the cap? I used compressed air multiple times before I removed the heater assembly making double sure nothing was going to get inside the tank.

I also dumped out the old fluid and refilled the tank with 2 boxes of blue DEF.

I hope it's something else and not an issue with how you did the repair.

Anyone know if Forscan can command the line heater on?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:19 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
I made sure that the top was clean before I opened her up. I let the truck clear the heater code on it's own. It was full of fresh DEF when I did the heater. My guy will fix this thing tomorrow. I will post results.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:03 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Well truck is fixed. turns out that is was the DEF nozzle. they didnt have the part in stock. They had to get it from another dealer that they own. They installed the new part than truck wouldn't clear. did about 5 drive cycles before it would clear. I spent the whole day there waiting. Dealer is 20 miles from me.
Due to the virus there was no coffee vending machines are shut down. what a long *** day. $1,000 and I was done. They did offer to put me up for the night in the back room. Believe it or not this is a good dealer. they took good care of me and the truck is back as good as new.
I did look at some 21;s and man has the price jumped. Wish they would stop putting all these electronics in these trucks. They think we want them but NOT.
Just put a killer sound system in pour trucks and cut out the rest.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:41 AM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Glad you got it fixed. So you had a bad DEF injector and a bad heater? You never did say if you checked the resistance of the heater before you replaced it.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:50 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,431 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Interesting, don't recall but the code was just for the heater If I recall. Maybe the nozzle does not have a code itself but rather the pin-pointing testing would lead you in that direction?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:35 AM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
Interesting, don't recall but the code was just for the heater If I recall. Maybe the nozzle does not have a code itself but rather the pin-pointing testing would lead you in that direction?
P207F - Reductant Quality Performance
• Reductant quality
• Damaged SCR system components
• Damaged SCR catalyst
• Biased NOx11 sensor
• Biased NOx12 sensor

Pinpoint Test RD4 is the second step after checking for DEF contamination. I would guess the SCR Dosing Measurement test would indicate if the injector was malfunctioning.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,697 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bone
Well truck is fixed. turns out that is was the DEF nozzle. they didnt have the part in stock. They had to get it from another dealer that they own. They installed the new part than truck wouldn't clear. did about 5 drive cycles before it would clear. I spent the whole day there waiting. Dealer is 20 miles from me.
Due to the virus there was no coffee vending machines are shut down. what a long *** day. $1,000 and I was done. They did offer to put me up for the night in the back room. Believe it or not this is a good dealer. they took good care of me and the truck is back as good as new.
I did look at some 21;s and man has the price jumped. Wish they would stop putting all these electronics in these trucks. They think we want them but NOT.
Just put a killer sound system in pour trucks and cut out the rest.

Good to hear Bone...

Old 01-02-2021, 10:06 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by dirthawg
Glad you got it fixed. So you had a bad DEF injector and a bad heater? You never did say if you checked the resistance of the heater before you replaced it.
They happened at different times.I never did a test on the old heater. I still have it. My Ford guy said he did and the heater was bad. I just don't know if I happened to get a piece of dirt in the DEF line.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:09 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by dirthawg
P207F - Reductant Quality Performance
• Reductant quality
• Damaged SCR system components
• Damaged SCR catalyst
• Biased NOx11 sensor
• Biased NOx12 sensor

Pinpoint Test RD4 is the second step after checking for DEF contamination. I would guess the SCR Dosing Measurement test would indicate if the injector was malfunctioning.

Avord of warning if you get a CEL and you don't know what it is take it in before the info screen sets a message. CEL is easy to reset but the info screen is more involved.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:31 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I can't remember if I had a DTC for my bad DEF injector, I don't think I did but was more NOx sensor related. Had dried DEF on the exhaust tips and it would smoke and smell terrible during initial active regeneration until around 900°F on EGT14.

Old 01-02-2021, 03:50 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatz29708
2011 / 2012 are weird as they can be with forscan, to get bambi mode to work 726-11-01 change the last digit in the first series of numbers to a 2, xxx2, leave the rest alone and save/write, xxx1 is disabled BTW.
Thank you for posting this and I wanted to follow up, slight distraction from Bone's topic. I had time to check this today since I couldn't remember exactly what I did a year ago but received the same error, "writing block 11 failed, incompatible configuration." The BCM then reboots (everything turns off for a few seconds). Battery was 12.65V, I always connect a charger when making such changes since the door is opened and with KOEO.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:04 PM
waynethecamper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, Just joined today, playing catchup. I just got the same P20BA code and confirmation from Ford that the def heater needs replacing. Also surprised that it is not covered under warranty. Will be escalating up the line and see where it gets me. My 2015 F350 only has 52,000 kms on it. An obvious quality issue with the original part.

Update: I phoned Ford customer service today and not unexpectedly they said sorry but not sorry, this model and year not covered under existing CSP. The only recommendation was to hang onto the invoice in hopes that it may get covered in the future. Of course the only way that will happen is if enough people who have had and will have the problem call and register a complaint with customer service. This is BS because Ford can obviously see how many of us have been to a Ford dealer for this repair and know it is an issue. They, like more large companies these days will only act if it becomes a bad publicity issue. My ask is if you have had this problem and have a few minutes, please call corporate customer service (if you haven't already) just to log and register a complaint. The number for Canadians is 1-800-565-3673.

In the meantime I will file my invoice in my shoebox with the other maintenance records and hope I get to pull it out sometime in the future.