Anderson Ultimate VS the Pullrite Super light,

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,900 Posts
Wow, prices have gone way up since I bought my steel AUH many years ago. I think I paid $520 shipped.

I think either of them will be a good choice, just go with your gut feeling and ignore the price.

Edit: Just checked, I paid $504.99 shipped through Amazon (sold by Stand Out Automotive) in 2016.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:50 PM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Wow, prices have gone way up since I bought my steel AUH many years ago. I think I paid $520 shipped.

I think either of them will be a good choice, just go with your gut feeling and ignore the price.

Edit: Just checked, I paid $504.99 shipped through Amazon (sold by Stand Out Automotive) in 2016.
This is the best price on the AUH https://www.hitchworkz.com/collectio...-w-ball-funnel

First time buyers can sign up and get 10% off!

Old 10-04-2020, 06:52 PM
akcooper9
Laughing Gas
Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes444
My dad's Anderson did this to the kingpin during install. He followed the install instructions after reading them for weeks before the hitch came in. Using his Proto torque wrench stepping up from 20 to 25 to 30 foot pounds alternating bolts as he went. He couldn't ever get it to the final 35 foot pounds and after a few turns stopped and looked and saw the Anderson had been pulling the kingpin out of the plate

Lippert kingpin
Crappy Kingpin...not an AUH issue.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:41 PM
GotAll4
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Here's a bunch of propaganda. At the end they conclude that ether one of the 2 hitches are the best of whats out there. I went to Camping World last week hoping to take a look at one and see if they had one of those custom Reese bracket sets and rail mounts after someone on Ebay messed up my order and had to return it. They said they didn't carry them anymore only the Pullrite. The salesperson told me they had many failures and because of safety issues they had to get rid of them. Of course the Pullrite was the only thing he had to show me so he had to discredit it.

https://thecampingadvisor.com/anders...itch-problems/

Old 10-05-2020, 10:39 AM
VA13FX4
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesn’t sound like the person who wrote that has first had experience with any of the hitches.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 06:43 AM
avf100
Fleet Mechanic
Received 405 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by VA13FX4
It doesn’t sound like the person who wrote that has first had experience with any of the hitches.
I agree.....lots of misinformation.

Old 10-10-2020, 10:14 AM
Brantel
More Turbo
Received 189 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jollyrogr

Pullrite superlite here. I have a rubber bed mat under the hitch now. I love this hitch. I love that it's made of steel and of a design that's incredibly strong.
Also looking into this hitch, thanks for the info in this thread!

I have a 2020 F-250 CCSB, the Ford SB is 6.75'.

I am looking into Grand Design Reflection models that have the corners sort of clipped to help with turn clearance.

Trying to ensure I will have enough flexibiltiy with the mounting of the adapter and the hitch location to eliminate most if not all of the cab clearance and bed rail clearance issue.

Any advice from you or Sparatcus ?

Old 10-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Yes it's doable, here is a pics of my turn radius with my setup my truck is a 2018 3500 dodge ram and my bed is 6'.5' bed and I think that the fords are 6'.75 and my 5th wheel is a Jayco which the noise or the front cap is rounded so the GD front cap is about the same but look at the pics. Sorry for so many pics but I wanted you to get a clear pics of what it look like, you can extend the length in two places but you can only see one of them, the hitch itself have an attachment to the gooseneck ball and you can turn it to face the front or to the back toward the tailgate. You will probably have to go to their website and pull up some pics on how to install it to know what I'm talking about. The fitting that goes on the king pin can be turn also just like that AUH can, so in other words you can get at least 8' backward toward the tailgate and you will have no problem because of your bed being a little longer. I hope this help and if you have any more questions let me know.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
You can also adjust the funnel up or down to better level your setup, I have had two other hitches and both were good and solid but this one is so I can lift it out of the bed whenever I want to.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:17 PM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
Originally Posted by Brantel
Also looking into this hitch, thanks for the info in this thread!

I have a 2020 F-250 CCSB, the Ford SB is 6.75'.

I am looking into Grand Design Reflection models that have the corners sort of clipped to help with turn clearance.

Trying to ensure I will have enough flexibiltiy with the mounting of the adapter and the hitch location to eliminate most if not all of the cab clearance and bed rail clearance issue.

Any advice from you or Sparatcus ?
I have a short bed as well, and was also concerned about turning clearance and a lot of it is trailer dependent. I have an older 2008 cougar 5th and I was pleasantly surprised at how much turning clearance I have with the Superlite. Sorry I don't have pictures but I can crank it as far as I ever need to get backed in where I need to back in. Any further and you're just stressing the hell out of the axles anyway.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Originally Posted by jollyrogr
I have a short bed as well, and was also concerned about turning clearance and a lot of it is trailer dependent. I have an older 2008 cougar 5th and I was pleasantly surprised at how much turning clearance I have with the Superlite. Sorry I don't have pictures but I can crank it as far as I ever need to get backed in where I need to back in. Any further and you're just stressing the hell out of the axles anyway.
Yes same here and I totally agree I am happy with my setup.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:11 PM
GotAll4
Tuned
I need a 5th wheel hitch set up and just ordered the Reese customs frame brackets 50043. I now need the rails for the bed. Does anyone know if other brands say like Curt/Husky bolt right up to the Reese brackets. I know that how the hitches mount up to the rails are universal but wanted to make sure the rails are compatible to the brackets.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:58 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
I'm not sure but someone will chime in soon with the answer.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Brandonpdx
Cargo Master
Received 296 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by GotAll4
I need a 5th wheel hitch set up and just ordered the Reese customs frame brackets 50043. I now need the rails for the bed. Does anyone know if other brands say like Curt/Husky bolt right up to the Reese brackets. I know that how the hitches mount up to the rails are universal but wanted to make sure the rails are compatible to the brackets.
they should be. Those bed rails are an industry standard product. If in doubt just buy the Reese rails.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:55 PM
GotAll4
Tuned
Got lucky and found a Reese open box deal for $53. Should be here Saturday. I was concerned that the bolt holes would not line up to the bottom brackets.

THANKS!

Quick Reply: Anderson Ultimate VS the Pullrite Super light,