Anderson Ultimate VS the Pullrite Super light,

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 01:52 AM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Another vote for the PullRite Superlite hitch, we just got back from a 3000+ trip and didn't have any problem whatsoever. I love this hitch and I had a few hitches but this one I can take it out and put it in my bed with no problem and I can even back up about 88%.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:34 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
Those Pullrites are nice looking! If I ever need to swap out the AUH for any reason, the Pullrite will be on the list of considerations for sure. These were not an option when I bought my AUH many years ago. Never going back to a traditional 5th wheel hitch!

Old 09-29-2020, 10:03 PM
VA13FX4
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate all the input in this thread. I had been researching both of these when I came across the thread and honestly this thread didn’t make the decision any easier!

I started a pros/cons list based on the feedback here and reviews I read, and the differences are pretty negligible, so I’m planning on going with the pullrite simply because I can get it for over a hundred dollars less. I’ll come back and let everyone know if I regret my decision for any reason!

Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 PM
GotAll4
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
That's interesting because I've found the Anderson for $100 less the the Pull Right. Most of the Pull Rights I've seen have an additional $80 shipping charge on top of the slightly higher price. although I stopped looking in the past weeks as just got messed up by a supplier on eBay with my Reese custom frame mounting kit. I got the frame mounting brackets but they could not supply the rails so I had to send everything back.

You know also for what's it's worth now is I think the Pull Rite with the ball being lower (180* from the Anderson) has a lower center of gravity. Reading about the goose neck extensions that's their problem as it changes the pull angle geometry thus putting on more stress on the camper frame where it wasn't designed to handle. I'm not an engineer but that's what I see.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:56 AM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Originally Posted by VA13FX4
I appreciate all the input in this thread. I had been researching both of these when I came across the thread and honestly this thread didn’t make the decision any easier!

I started a pros/cons list based on the feedback here and reviews I read, and the differences are pretty negligible, so I’m planning on going with the pullrite simply because I can get it for over a hundred dollars less. I’ll come back and let everyone know if I regret my decision for any reason!

I don't think that you will regret it those I have mines for about a year now and still love it, and when I can still pick it up and take it out myself is the cat meow I pick mines up off of Amazon, I think that when I got it it was around $600+.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:40 AM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparatcus
I don't think that you will regret it those I have mines for about a year now and still love it, and when I can still pick it up and take it out myself is the cat meow I pick mines up off of Amazon, I think that when I got it it was around $600+.
I got mine from Amazon as well, so free shipping. Paid $623.32

Old 09-30-2020, 02:31 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Yep, that's what I paid for mines also I just forgot the $23.00 dollars.

@ jollyrogr so how do you like yours, I remember you get it?

Old 09-30-2020, 03:23 PM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparatcus
Yep, that's what I paid for mines also I just forgot the $23.00 dollars.

@ jollyrogr so how do you like yours, I remember you get it?
I love it. So much smoother and quieter than a standard hitch. The one and only downside (and it's a minor one) I can think of versus a standard fifth wheel hitch is the fact that you have to raise the trailer more to get the ball up and over the cup. But once you're in the cup, you know it's not going anywhere. I have dropped the trailer on the tailgate of my old truck because the hitch wasn't engaged (regular 5th hitch). It was no one's fault but my own - but that can't happen with the Superlite.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:00 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
I'm with you also, I do have about 5 or 6 of the lego blocks under my front jack to make sure I don't run out of space but yeah it's still high so like you said it's just minor. I have had two other hitches and they where good and solid but you know one have to get what work best for them and this setup is working real good.

The hitches that I had one of the hitch I needed a cherry picker to lift it out of the bed which sometimes was a inconvenient and the other one I could lift it but I ran into the possibly on denting the back of my bed ( not my new truck) so I ran across this one and this is a keeper for sure.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:33 PM
rvpuller
Received 472 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by jollyrogr
I love it. So much smoother and quieter than a standard hitch. The one and only downside (and it's a minor one) I can think of versus a standard fifth wheel hitch is the fact that you have to raise the trailer more to get the ball up and over the cup. But once you're in the cup, you know it's not going anywhere. I have dropped the trailer on the tailgate of my old truck because the hitch wasn't engaged (regular 5th hitch). It was no one's fault but my own - but that can't happen with the Superlite.
The added hitching hieght is one of the drawbacks of the Pullrite over a standard hitch but all all ball hitches have the same problem, I'm really leaning towards one but we are leaving for the winter in a couple of days so it will have to wait till spring so I want more reviews on it.

Denny

Old 09-30-2020, 06:43 PM
Tom in PGH
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GotAll4
You know also for what's it's worth now is I think the Pull Rite with the ball being lower (180* from the Anderson) has a lower center of gravity. Reading about the goose neck extensions that's their problem as it changes the pull angle geometry thus putting on more stress on the camper frame where it wasn't designed to handle. I'm not an engineer but that's what I see.
I can see your point, but I don’t know that it’s the center of gravity. I think that it might be more the pivot point being further from the frame (lower) that could induce more twist to the frame. I’m not an engineer, either, but I tend to agree that I’m seeing something that I hadn’t noticed before about potential frame stress.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,183 Likes on 670 Posts
My dad's Anderson did this to the kingpin during install. He followed the install instructions after reading them for weeks before the hitch came in. Using his Proto torque wrench stepping up from 20 to 25 to 30 foot pounds alternating bolts as he went. He couldn't ever get it to the final 35 foot pounds and after a few turns stopped and looked and saw the Anderson had been pulling the kingpin out of the plate

Lippert kingpin

Old 10-01-2020, 09:43 PM
GotAll4
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
"I can see your point, but I don’t know that it’s the center of gravity. I think that it might be more the pivot point being further from the frame (lower) that could induce more twist to the frame. I’m not an engineer, either, but I tend to agree that I’m seeing something that I hadn’t noticed before about potential frame stress."

Reading about both brands they claim that new camper manufactures will not void your warranty if you use this type of hitch. But if you use a goose neck extension they will.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:17 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
"I can see your point, but I don’t know that it’s the center of gravity. I think that it might be more the pivot point being further from the frame (lower) that could induce more twist to the frame. I’m not an engineer, either, but I tend to agree that I’m seeing something that I hadn’t noticed before about potential frame stress."

Reading about both brands they claim that new camper manufactures will not void your warranty if you use this type of hitch. But if you use a goose neck extension they will.

Yes, for what I understand is this one.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:28 PM
VA13FX4
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's interesting because I've found the Anderson for $100 less the the Pull Right. Most of the Pull Rights I've seen have an additional $80 shipping charge on top of the slightly higher.
If you have a link to a lower priced Anderson please post it!

$672 for Pullrite

https://tweetys.com/pullrite-2600-superlite-single-point-1p-attachment-fifth-wheel-hitch.aspx

$745 for Anderson

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164400172256

That price for the Anderson is the cheapest I’ve seen in weeks. Both with free shipping.

Quick Reply: Anderson Ultimate VS the Pullrite Super light,