Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle cable adjustment

Old 04-30-2019, 12:52 AM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.
Throttle cable adjustment

I noticed the other day when cleaning my throttle body on the V10 that there seems to be significant slack in the throttle cable that if taken up would definitely help with throttle response. I've seen some fixes on other Fords where a spacer such as a small cable tie is used on the cable at the pedal end to take up some slack. Has anyone tried this on on their Ex or SuperDuty?

Old 04-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Krewat
Admin Newbie
Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
If there's that much slack, one has to wonder if the cable is wearing out.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.Tbug05LTD has a good reputation on FTE.
Did the cable tie mod on the throttle cable at the accelerator pedal and it worked like a charm. Just need to make sure it's small enough not to affect the idle, just enough to take up slack.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:06 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Or buy a new throttle cable from Ford, they are only like $40.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:40 AM
Tbug05LTD
Senior User
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
Or buy a new throttle cable from Ford, they are only like $40.
Yeah but I saved $39.99 and it was easier to do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.