Notices
7.3L Gasoline V8 Engine Discuss the new upcoming 7.3L V8

*crickets*

Old 03-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
*crickets*

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? When is finally going to release the official numbers?!

Old 03-28-2019, 02:03 PM
nick112288
Senior User
nick112288 is starting off with a positive reputation.
In this day and age with so many ways for information to get out, there has been very little info on the 7.3 v8 or the Ford Bronco. While I am anxiously waiting, I'm also impressed it hasn't become public knowledge somehow.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:32 PM
machmedic
Elder User
machmedic is starting off with a positive reputation.
. Come on Ford give us some info, I need to know if I want this engine or just get a 6.7.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Marketing... 1950, 2020.... no difference.... the suspense ... draws customers...

numbers are numbers.... like the lotto..

besides.. August is 5 months away.. OK,, 4 and change.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:03 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Not so much as a ......." my brother in law's cousin works for Ford and says it will be so and so "

Patiently waiting.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:48 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to beholdonug is a splendid one to behold
I check this corner of the forum at least twice a day hoping for more info. Ford is really playing this one close to the chest. It seems very different from their normal “trickle new info out...” technique.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:30 PM
PapaDon
Freshman User
PapaDon is starting off with a positive reputation.

This waiting is getting tough.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 PM
machmedic
Elder User
machmedic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not so much as a peep has gotten out. Must be a big bonus for everyone involved with this engine to keep a lid on it's specs or upon pain of death!! LOL

Old 04-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to beholdAlaskan_Warbird is a splendid one to behold
Or maybe some of the speculative guesses have been spot on? I plan to drive my current SD for a while yet but it's a good bet my next rig will have this 7.3L in it. I just want to know the official numbers so I can dream and drool properly!

Old 04-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.Chuck's First Ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Ford is doing a GREAT job... locking down any and all information.... not just hp and torque...

carbon fiber or steel push rods... 2 stage hydraulic lifters.. intake design..

even the engineering magazines have almost nothing.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:40 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
Here is a good read about the competition to help you pass the time. Looks like GM has been doing their homework, that is a nice looking torque curve, over 400 ft lbs at 2000 rpm. I would guess the 7.3 curve will look about the same except 8-10% bigger based on displacement.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...iesel-engines/

Old 04-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I dunno, I think this is about par for the course.

I remember following engine threads leading up to the release of the 6.2 and 6.7 when they were introduced in 2010. It was very much like this; not much information came out short of a few press releases and announcements like we've seen here. Back then we are fortunate enough to have Adam Gryglak and Mike Harrison, the head engineers for each program, come on the forum and answer questions. Mike Harrison was much more forthcoming, for some reason; Adam seemed much more heavily censored by corporate lawyers. Neither would mention numbers of any kind until they were released.

The closest teaser we got was from Mike Harrison:
Originally Posted by mike-v8ford View Post
With regards to what the targets were - we hit them. SD power and torque will be published at the end of the month.
The architecture was also set up with some opportunity to grow displacement and output over time as needed in the marketplace.
Competitive engines and vehicles certainly have a bearing on target setting.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post8468488

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...oining-us.html

Old 04-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I remember following engine threads leading up to the release of the 6.2 and 6.7 when they were introduced in 2010. It was very much like this; not much information came out short of a few press releases and announcements like we've seen here. Back then we are fortunate enough to have Adam Gryglak and Mike Harrison, the head engineers for each program, come on the forum and answer questions.
Wow. It'd be amazing to have that opportunity here today. You guys were very fortunate.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:19 PM
someday
Posting Guru
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
i dont follow releases this close but i dont think "on a Tuesday" their just gonna release numbers. the new youk auto show is next week and that could reveal some numbers!

Old 04-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by someday View Post
the new youk auto show is next week and that could reveal some numbers!
Here's hoping!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: