Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

2019 General Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Good morning. The Sherriffs fished a truck out of the river across from my work yesterday, but no sign of the 66 year old female driver.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:22 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,135 Likes on 2,657 Posts
Good morning Oregon, what's the story behind that Evan..?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,000 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Good morning Oregon and everyone everywhere else. 42.6, overcast and wet.
Jim you may like the LED headlights but I'm going to guess that oncoming traffic will not.
That's pretty close to what I told the Warden last night. "Say dear, you know those headlights out there we like to cuss and swear at? Yep, the pickup is one of them now."

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Damn, that's too bad. I've seen some shows about the bars up there on the coast, and how nasty it can get.
My cousin has a 30 footer over there and knows some of the guys that were on the TV crabbing show filmed out of Newport (that was only partly there). Part of the reason the show stopped is that the producers were upset that the skippers wouldn't take their boats out in the nasty stuff so they could get 'dramatic' footage.
Newport, where I took the above pics, is actually billed as one of the tamest and safer bars on the Oregon Coast.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Good morning Oregon, what's the story behind that Evan..?
Lady didn’t show up to work on Monday (roads were icy in places) and they found the back bumper of the truck on the highway next to the river. Her husband identified it by a bumper sticker on it. From the golf course where I work you can see where the truck went down the steep bank into the river. They found the truck late Tuesday, hauled it out yesterday but she wasn’t inside.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:14 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Good morning Oregon and everyone everywhere else. 42.6, overcast and wet.

That's pretty close to what I told the Warden last night. "Say dear, you know those headlights out there we like to cuss and swear at? Yep, the pickup is one of them now."

My cousin has a 30 footer over there and knows some of the guys that were on the TV crabbing show filmed out of Newport (that was only partly there). Part of the reason the show stopped is that the producers were upset that the skippers wouldn't take their boats out in the nasty stuff so they could get 'dramatic' footage.
Newport, where I took the above pics, is actually billed as one of the tamest and safer bars on the Oregon Coast.
Which just goes to show some people wander through life clueless. No way in hell you'd get me out there when its like that!

Originally Posted by Brown Falcon

Lady didn’t show up to work on Monday (roads were icy in places) and they found the back bumper of the truck on the highway next to the river. Her husband identified it by a bumper sticker on it. From the golf course where I work you can see where the truck went down the steep bank into the river. They found the truck late Tuesday, hauled it out yesterday but she wasn’t inside.
Damn. Wonder what's up with that? I can't imagine she just floated out of it.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:22 PM
River Wild
Fleet Mechanic
Received 270 Likes on 164 Posts
Jim - You might be fine if you can adjust them properly. The wife's RAV had LED's and we'd get flashed. The 4R has them also....and we get flashed. I'd like to put them on my truck as the LED are so much better but I get flashed enough as it is with halogens. Did you need to add anti-strobe box of is it a straight bulb swap?

Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend

Might have to drag the river down stream, is there a strong current..?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Originally Posted by River Wild
Jim - You might be fine if you can adjust them properly. The wife's RAV had LED's and we'd get flashed. The 4R has them also....and we get flashed. I'd like to put them on my truck as the LED are so much better but I get flashed enough as it is with halogens. Did you need to add anti-strobe box of is it a straight bulb swap?
I put them on my truck a year ago or so. I’ve only been flashed once. I get flashed in the Exploder with halogens and factory projector lenses than I do in the truck with LEDs. Mine just plugged right in and have built in cooling fans. Got them off eBay. They light everything up well at night on low beam. The high beam is just an additional LED that turns on and it doesn’t improve the pattern much. I think I’ll likely go back to a high quality halogen in the future once these die.

strong current, lots of submerged logs.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:54 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend

I put them on my truck a year ago or so. I’ve only been flashed once. I get flashed in the Exploder with halogens and factory projector lenses than I do in the truck with LEDs. Mine just plugged right in and have built in cooling fans. Got them off eBay. They light everything up well at night on low beam. The high beam is just an additional LED that turns on and it doesn’t improve the pattern much. I think I’ll likely go back to a high quality halogen in the future once these die.

Likely where they will find here unless she or he staged the accident and decided to disappear..

Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
Good evening Oregon and Visiting Ford Fans'.
I had a fun day today on Hwy 101, had to go to Pacific City today so 198 miles later.

Jim I would suggest a headlight wiring harness to brighten the halogen bulbs, I did that to the old car made a huge difference in light output.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:58 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Belated good evening Oregon and everyone everywhere else.

Jim I would suggest a headlight wiring harness to brighten the halogen bulbs, I did that to the old car made a huge difference in light output.
New harness and relay a year ago. Was running 9007 Silver Stars and they were bright, but I was noticing some 'holes' when driving out towards Ballston and Perrydale to the ranch/farm on wet roads with no fog lines and then the gravel road which is even worse.

Adjusted them before the test drive with 0 lbs. air in the air bags. Put about 20 miles on and didn't get flashed once. We'll see how it goes and how they work up in the mountain on BLM and USFS roads.

"Over there" Ken put up an Amazon 50% off sale on them a while back and I decided to order some. I carefully put the Silver Stars in the box and have them for back up. It will have to be a compelling reason to change them again...I have to take the batteries out to fit my hand in there to seat the O ring on them.
LASFIT LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - 9007 HB5 Hi/Lo Dual Beam, 72w 7600lm 6K Cool White LED Headlights Replacement All-in-One Conversion Kit

Old 01-11-2019, 01:20 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot

Shining on the side of the barn from about 60', the main beams raised about 4 to 6" when I switched from low to high beams.

Not only is the current strong with under toes, but the river temps are cold minimalizing the build up of gasses. Bodies have a tendency of, and can stay down for up to 30 days in the Main Stream Willamette, if they are not hung up on debris. Gave us fits for search and recovery on the Polk/Yamhill county portions of the River. Gravel Bars are submerged at this time of year so if it is free floating the best chance will be if she washes ashore on the bank. Divers have to be tied off and essentially have to search by feel because of 0 visibility. Unless they have changed tactics, they usually won't even put a diver in the Willamette River water at this time of year unless they pick up a target on sonar.

Evan, I noticed that none of the alerts from the S.O. or OSP listed how she may have gotten out of the F150? Anything floating around locally about broke or open windows or doors? Seatbelt/shoulder harness status?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:36 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
Good Friday morning Ford Fans.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Good morning.

Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3

Evan, I noticed that none of the alerts from the S.O. or OSP listed how she may have gotten out of the F150? Anything floating around locally about broke or open windows or doors? Seatbelt/shoulder harness status?
Nothing that I’ve heard. I didn’t see the truck until it was up at the top of the bank. I can’t remember if my coworker who watched it come up saw if the door was open or not.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 AM
River Wild
Fleet Mechanic
Received 270 Likes on 164 Posts
Morning all. Friday is finally here and so is the boat show season. Exciting evening and weekend ahead...haha. Not sure why I do it but I keep going back. Will sell boats for beer....

Quick Reply: 2019 General Chat