Morimoto SB LED Headlights - Page 6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morimoto SB LED Headlights

Old 01-18-2019, 09:52 PM
MNSuper
Senior User
MNSuper is starting off with a positive reputation.
When did you order? I ordered in September and didn't get them in this initial shipment.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:54 AM
amorrow02
Freshman User
amorrow02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What specifically was the challenge with the fuse connector? Did they say itíll be revised for the remaining preorders? Just wondering if you can give any tips on install. I also have a halogen truck. Thanks again!

Old 01-19-2019, 08:52 AM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
pepatrick01 is starting off with a positive reputation.

honestly its not a huge deal but I will try to explain it. I doubt they will have a fix in time for the pre-orders and it will not impact every truck. The fuse adaptor goes into slot 35 in the fuse box. If you look at the picture below (from the instructions) there are no fuses to the right of the fuse adaptor. My truck has a couple of fuses plugged into the empty slot so I was not able to get the adaptor to plug in all the way. To temporarily fix I bent the blade connectors on the adaptor about 20 degrees or so and it provided enough room to plug it in to slot 35.

The arrow in the first picture shows the empty fuse slot. Notice the wire coming off the fuse adaptor is 90 degrees from where it plugs in. My truck has those slots filled with fuses that stick up enough to not allow the blade adaptor to plug in.
The 2nd picture shows the blades on the adaptor. I simply bent those about 20 degrees enough to get them to plug in. Morimoto is looking for different options to correct this problem but should not be a big deal in most cases. Easy work around.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:00 AM
amorrow02
Freshman User
Great info, thank you!

Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 PM
MNSuper
Senior User
MNSuper is starting off with a positive reputation.
They shared more customer photos.

Attached Images   
Old 01-20-2019, 08:12 PM
Section179
Senior User
Section179 is starting off with a positive reputation.
As an owner and big fan of the OEM LED lights... these lights look fantastic. I would gladly run them.

congrats to everyone ordering them. It will be worth the wait.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:13 PM
EWeezY
Junior User
EWeezY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MNSuper View Post
They shared more customer photos.
That second one is my jam!!!! Paint scheme and all!

Can't wait to order these!

Old 01-20-2019, 08:18 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm more interested in their performance than just looks. I'm budgeting for a light upgrade from the factory halogens. For $300-$500 I can get very nice HID's with great throw and lumens. Excepting looks and the cool blinker sequences, are these Morimotos truly worth 3 to 4 times the cost?

Old 01-20-2019, 08:20 PM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
Taking a poll here. For anyone running these lights, are you going to use the sequential turn signal feature or just standard turn signal?

Old 01-20-2019, 08:23 PM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
So in short. These lights are insanely bright. They are not blinding for on coming traffic. I have had a couple of people ask to take night pictures. The light output can no be accurately represented in a picture. Morimoto did not exaggerate on the light out put. My buddy has the OEM LEDs. These are without a doubt brighter. To compare them agains the stock halogen headlights is a joke. The stocks are barely bright enough to be legal. I would like to see Morimoto make these with a chrome housing for non black or gray trucks. My 250 is black so they look great, but probably not so much on a blue, or ruby red.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:25 PM
amorrow02
Freshman User
Originally Posted by pepatrick01 View Post
Taking a poll here. For anyone running these lights, are going to use the sequential turn signal feature or just standard turn signal?
Standard signal for me.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Posting Guru
Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a great reputation on FTE.
So in short. These lights are insanely bright. They are not blinding for on coming traffic. I have had a couple of people ask to take night pictures. The light output can no be accurately represented in a picture. Morimoto did not exaggerate on the light out put. My buddy has the OEM LEDs. These are without a doubt brighter. To compare them agains the stock halogen headlights is a joke. The stocks are barely bright enough to be legal. I would like to see Morimoto make these with a chrome housing for non black or gray trucks. My 250 is black so they look great, but probably not so much on a blue, or ruby red.
Thanks for the extra info. My truck is bluejeans metallic color so your last sentence carries a bit of weight. Still, I'm most concerned about the performance so truly appreciate your thoughts.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:37 AM
Zchludil
Junior User
Zchludil is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree with your last couple sentences, I have a black truck but hate having to add anything that blacks it out, as I like chrome. So I would definitely buy a set if they were offered in a chrome housing. Until then I guess I am SOL.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:52 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
llmflyfisher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Will LED lamps fit into a Morimoto projector?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Beast2.0
Junior User
Beast2.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by llmflyfisher View Post
Will LED lamps fit into a Morimoto projector?
Are you referring to the lights installed in this thread? If so, they are LED.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.