Morimoto SB LED Headlights - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Morimoto SB LED Headlights

Old 01-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
Well, I hope your Morimotos are all you hope for then.
Yeah, some guys feel they have to defend the money they've spent by denigrating the other guy's choice. That "drive the truck off a cliff" comment was pretty helpful, wasn't it?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM
briangp
Senior User
briangp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm one of the guys waiting for these lights as well. The stock ones are horrible.. I'm done getting flashed. Not a huge fan of the stock LED headlights either. They're okay, better than the halogens for sure, but the Morimoto are far better looking, better features and Far less expensive. I doubt glare will be an issue with these lights, TRS and Morimoto are good companies, not an ebay company working to make an easy buck.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:30 AM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
honda250xtitan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
Well, I hope your Morimotos are all you hope for then. FYI my truck came with the OEM LED headlights and I hate them. The light is too blue and has glare. I've found the same thing on every single vehicle I've driven with LED headlights.

IMO the older Xenon headights with a more neutral/yellow 4300-4500K light are far superior. I've got Xenons on the Honda Odyssey, Porsche and Mercedes, and those lights are awesome. I can see very clearly. With the F450, everything is white/blue and washed out.
Originally Posted by Poncho450 View Post
Yeah, some guys feel they have to defend the money they've spent by denigrating the other guy's choice. That "drive the truck off a cliff" comment was pretty helpful, wasn't it?
I'm building my own set of headlights....with projectors and HID's. I agree, LED's aren't at the level that HID's in a projector are. I've spent a total of 200$ on this project :shrug:

and yes, the comment was as helpful as swapping HID's into reflector style housings. Heck it was almost as helpful as your response

Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
Heck it was almost as helpful as your response
Yeah, someone should drive the truck off a cliff because you don't approve of or they didn't choose the same solution as you. Apparently that's constructive in your world.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:45 AM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
Originally Posted by Poncho450 View Post
Yeah, someone should drive the truck off a cliff because you don't approve of or they didn't choose the same solution as you. Apparently that's constructive in your world.
So touchy, it was a joke not a d13k, don't take it so hard... But hey it keeps this thread at the top of the page so that counts for something.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
JetMechJoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have leds installed in my halogen housing and they are brighter then the stock lamps plus look better. I've been flashed with stock bulbs installed and leds....its a wash to me. I would install stock LED headlights over any aftermarket due to aesthetics. However, if the morimoto's are reliable, quality, and prices come down...I might give them a shot. However, like ive mentioned, their tactics are a huge turnoff as I find this unethical, not professional, and plain wrong. In my experience, when a company "dangles a carrot" as has been mentioned, they end up being a bad experience and I stay away.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM
honda250xtitan
Elder User
Originally Posted by JetMechJoe View Post
I have leds installed in my halogen housing and they are brighter then the stock lamps plus look better. I've been flashed with stock bulbs installed and leds....its a wash to me. I would install stock LED headlights over any aftermarket due to aesthetics. However, if the morimoto's are reliable, quality, and prices come down...I might give them a shot. However, like ive mentioned, their tactics are a huge turnoff as I find this unethical, not professional, and plain wrong. In my experience, when a company "dangles a carrot" as has been mentioned, they end up being a bad experience and I stay away.
I actually just sent a email to one of the guys i've been talking with at TRS to help me sort out parts and wiring, maybe he'll know why its been delayed.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
pepatrick01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So I may be the first guinea pig on here. I just confirmation that my Morimoto LED headlights will be here tomorrow. We will see if they are worth the fluff. I hope so for the price. I have had experience with their products in the past and have been pleased so far.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:16 AM
CPal
Senior User
CPal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by pepatrick01 View Post
So I may be the first guinea pig on here. I just confirmation that my Morimoto LED headlights will be here tomorrow. We will see if they are worth the fluff. I hope so for the price. I have had experience with their products in the past and have been pleased so far.
looking forward to your thoughts and just how plug and play these truly are!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:15 AM
amorrow02
New User
amorrow02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice! Did you pay to expedite or did you order from a seller who was able to get them sooner than TRS? Planning to install them right away? I'm also eager to see what you think!

Adam

Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 AM
EWeezY
Junior User
EWeezY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by amorrow02 View Post
Nice! Did you pay to expedite or did you order from a seller who was able to get them sooner than TRS? Planning to install them right away? I'm also eager to see what you think!

Adam
Anxiously waiting......

Old 01-17-2019, 10:40 AM
garretblack
Junior User
garretblack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Reviews look great but waiting on a finished product and review. Spending that much extra for OEM LED and still not getting great results is depressing. There's also no way i'll drive around with the stock Halogen at night. I haven't owned a car with Halogen lights in 18 years. This thread may be the decision for me to get OEM Halogen and upgrade to these or OEM LED (still looking and pricing out).

Old 01-17-2019, 11:29 AM
PremierPOWER
Senior User
PremierPOWER is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ordered them in December and cant wait for them to get here.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:23 PM
pepatrick01
Freshman User
pepatrick01 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Headlights arrived. I will probably install them tomorrow as it is raining right now. The initial impression is they are impressive. Fit and finish is fantastic as with my previous experience with Morimoto lights. The cables look complete and I dont see why they would not be plug & play.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:39 PM
garretblack
Junior User
garretblack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Headlights arrived. I will probably install them tomorrow as it is raining right now. The initial impression is they are impressive. Fit and finish is fantastic as with my previous experience with Morimoto lights. The cables look complete and I dont see why they would not be plug & play.
Nice! Glad someone has the final product in their hands.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.