2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

$3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 06:55 AM
fender1325
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I finally got my VIN on my XL and it's scheduled to be delivered at the end of the month! Dealer said it could be a little longer but yeah, it's coming right up.

I still never managed to get a PCO. Can anybody help me out?

Old 09-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Superduty Cajun
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PCO market seems to have totally dried up for this model year. Hope not but sure appears that way.

Originally Posted by fender1325
So I finally got my VIN on my XL and it's scheduled to be delivered at the end of the month! Dealer said it could be a little longer but yeah, it's coming right up.

I still never managed to get a PCO. Can anybody help me out?

Old 09-09-2020, 09:18 AM
RandyinTN
Laughing Gas
Received 317 Likes on 153 Posts
Can you use both X plan pricing and a PCO on the same truck?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:02 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Yes. You can't use A/Z/D plans with a PCO. Example:

Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 AM
OffBalance
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Superduty Cajun
The PCO market seems to have totally dried up for this model year. Hope not but sure appears that way.
As of today, there are no new general Ford incentives on Super Duty trucks either, such as the regular $500 off. I don't even see the normal additional $1000 off an STX.

I expect that low supply and high demand of trucks has created a scenario where Ford realizes that they can sell trucks without needing rebates and/or PCOs. At which point Ford execs have a fiduciary duty to not reduce prices beyond what is necessary to sell while keeping a 30 day supply.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:14 PM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by OffBalance
As of today, there are no new general Ford incentives on Super Duty trucks either, such as the regular $500 off. I don't even see the normal additional $1000 off an STX.
This is the first time since at least when I ordered my 2017 STX in February of '17 that the STX rebate isn't offered. I do still see the basic $500 in my area (east coast). These are tough buying times.

Old 09-09-2020, 03:52 PM
mcmurm
More Turbo
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts
Looking for some advice.

I placed an order for a 2020 about a week before the order banks closed and provided my PCO at that time. Turns out the order wasn't accepted by Ford because they were cutting off production, so we went ahead and placed an order for a 2021. Got word from my dealer today that the PCO isn't valid for 2021 Super Duty, so I looked up the email, and as you can all see below in the highlighted section, it does state "New 2019/2020/2021 vehicles: $2,000 on F-150, Super Duty or Expedition".

So I called Ford Marketing and they were less than helpful. They looked up the program code (30594) and confirmed what the dealer had said and can't explain why the email states otherwise. Kind of bummed, but kind of thinking I still have 3 more months at least until delivery, so should I really care?

Thanks guys.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Superduty Cajun
Junior User
Well you still have time to get another PCO before you ‘21 delivery and your chances are probably more likely than those of us have trucks on the way this month. I don’t think there’s any chance of getting a PCO before the next model year comes out. I hope I’m wrong.

Originally Posted by mcmurm
Looking for some advice.

I placed an order for a 2020 about a week before the order banks closed and provided my PCO at that time. Turns out the order wasn't accepted by Ford because they were cutting off production, so we went ahead and placed an order for a 2021. Got word from my dealer today that the PCO isn't valid for 2021 Super Duty, so I looked up the email, and as you can all see below in the highlighted section, it does state "New 2019/2020/2021 vehicles: $2,000 on F-150, Super Duty or Expedition".

So I called Ford Marketing and they were less than helpful. They looked up the program code (30594) and confirmed what the dealer had said and can't explain why the email states otherwise. Kind of bummed, but kind of thinking I still have 3 more months at least until delivery, so should I really care?

Thanks guys.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:50 PM
OffBalance
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mcmurm
Looking for some advice.

Thanks guys.
This is obviously a screwy situation. The PCO clearly states 2020 or 2021. You agreed to purchase a 2020 vehicle, considering the PCO. The order was transferred to a 2021 model year due to Ford running out of time, and you agreed. My guess is that code 30594 has not yet been added to the 2021 models in the back office programming. So everyone's computers reject the offer.

When I called Ford Marketing once, it seemed to be staffed by inexperienced phone answerers, who didn't seem fully versed on all the programs. And they never sent me the brochure they said they would. So I'm not surprised calling them didn't help. And the dealer can't really do anything if the computers don't let them enter the code. I think you need to continue pushing for this, and make sure it is all documented in email or writing.

Send an email to the dealer with all of the facts and dates and details laid out. Ask for the PCO or equivalent dealer discount if they can't make the PCO work
Send an email to Ford Marketing with the same information and screenshot of the PCO. Demand an explanation. State that you are upset. And tell them what you want - a new PCO that will work for 2021.
Find out the regional sales manager for Ford Corporate and send them an email as well.

Then, if all else fails, try for a 2021 PCO. We'll keep looking for you!

Old 09-09-2020, 07:04 PM
Superduty Cajun
Junior User
In your correspondence you might also ask the question; Wouldn’t this be a “Bait and Switch”? Bait and Switch is now a law in many states if not all. They will not want to get anywhere close to this old trick.

Originally Posted by OffBalance
This is obviously a screwy situation. The PCO clearly states 2020 or 2021. You agreed to purchase a 2020 vehicle, considering the PCO. The order was transferred to a 2021 model year due to Ford running out of time, and you agreed. My guess is that code 30594 has not yet been added to the 2021 models in the back office programming. So everyone's computers reject the offer.

When I called Ford Marketing once, it seemed to be staffed by inexperienced phone answerers, who didn't seem fully versed on all the programs. And they never sent me the brochure they said they would. So I'm not surprised calling them didn't help. And the dealer can't really do anything if the computers don't let them enter the code. I think you need to continue pushing for this, and make sure it is all documented in email or writing.

Send an email to the dealer with all of the facts and dates and details laid out. Ask for the PCO or equivalent dealer discount if they can't make the PCO work
Send an email to Ford Marketing with the same information and screenshot of the PCO. Demand an explanation. State that you are upset. And tell them what you want - a new PCO that will work for 2021.
Find out the regional sales manager for Ford Corporate and send them an email as well.

Then, if all else fails, try for a 2021 PCO. We'll keep looking for you!

Old 09-09-2020, 07:18 PM
Iconic7_3
Cross-Country
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Ordered my truck on 7/13. Scheduled to deliver at dealer on 9/26. Showing “In Transit” and I’ve tried everything listed in this thread. I agree with the supply/demand economics theory at this point.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:23 AM
Scycle
5th Wheeling
You ordered a 2021- interesting, my dealer told me after my 2020 order was not accepted that it would be 9/14 for the 2021 order, but in the meantime I did get a $1500 PCO. It's not as good as a $3000, but it will help and I hope they honor it.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:30 AM
fender1325
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's stressing me out some...... I've waited on this order for months and now that it's coming in there's no incentives or rebates going on. I'm not paying full retail and nearly 50k on an XL. I'll walk away, which stinks bc I need a truck.

The problem with the supply/demand that they're trying to capitalize on is, this scenario is temporary, and caused by a virus. Once that's over with and we're back to normal, it's going to depreciate that much more. I just won't play that game.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:33 AM
Superduty Cajun
Junior User
The other problem is, if you don’t play the game someone else will. They will probably sell that truck with in a weeks of receiving it.

It's stressing me out some...... I've waited on this order for months and now that it's coming in there's no incentives or rebates going on. I'm not paying full retail and nearly 50k on an XL. I'll walk away, which stinks bc I need a truck.

The problem with the supply/demand that they're trying to capitalize on is, this scenario is temporary, and caused by a virus. Once that's over with and we're back to normal, it's going to depreciate that much more. I just won't play that game.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:35 AM
svon89
New User

I am in the same boat. I got out of a problem Ram and thought that Ford was the answer, but there are no deals to be had at all. By the end of the week I am going to make a decision about just walking and buying something (Ford or Chevy) when supply is back up and I can save some money. I don't need a truck until sometime in the spring, so I have time on my side. I currently have not considered Chevy because of the redesign, but some more time will allow them to work out some bugs and it might become an option. Sad, buying a 50k vehicle, and not only am I NOT excited about it, but am actually pretty much the opposite.

Quick Reply: $3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)