2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

$3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 984 Likes on 601 Posts
Originally Posted by Darren Moore
How can someone use the x-plan? Is that through the employer and a friend sign you up?
Or own at least 100 shares of Ford for at least 6 months. That's how I got mine.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Darren Moore
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a ID number, logged put in my info and created a PIN and I have the certificate. Just as long as they don't actually ask for verification for that employer I might be fine?? I am sure it's not that easy. I should certainly own some shares in ford since that's all I buy. Thanks for the info!

Old 10-11-2020, 01:19 PM
SaltyScout
Mountain Pass
Received 41 Likes on 8 Posts
Is xplan better than Costco?

Old 10-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Darren Moore
5th Wheeling
Old 10-11-2020, 03:19 PM
SchillerM
Cross-Country
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SaltyScout
Is xplan better than Costco?
I believe Costco is a negotiation with local dealers, so deal varies.
Xplan is close to invoice. Some groups have additional savings available, DAV for example has another $1000 off. I think it worked out to about $750 below invoice for truck I am looking at.
I negotiated about $3k below invoice.

Old 10-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by SchillerM
I believe Costco is a negotiation with local dealers, so deal varies.
Xplan is close to invoice. Some groups have additional savings available, DAV for example has another $1000 off. I think it worked out to about $750 below invoice for truck I am looking at.
I negotiated about $3k below invoice.
I was asked at a dealer the other day if I was any type of first responder. I am not, but I assume there's another discount associated with that for those that are shopping.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:16 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by mcmurm
Laura Ford is who is screwing me around. If you look a few posts back in this thread you'll see my story. They really have a great model of pricing custom orders, which is what attracted me to them, but I literally signed the paperwork and sent it to them a month ago, and they have not ordered my truck yet. Granted, I think this is 100% the fault of the sales guy I've been working with.

Since my sales guy wasn't returning my calls I reached out to a sales manager, who also didn't return my calls. It wasn't until I called on a Wednesday, which according to Gail (she answers their phones and is very pleasant to talk to), Wednesdays are the slowest days of the week for them, and she was able to get my in touch with a sales manager. The sales manager was going to look into the holdup on my truck but didn't call me back. I got a text saying his assistant would call me the next day. By about 4pm the next day I had not received a call, so I called asking for the assistant. He was actually very good to work with. He found some of the details on my truck but didn't find the signed paperwork that I had sent my sales guy, so he opted to just start over from scratch and put the truck in the system, priced it up, and sent me the paperwork in about an hour. Much different experience than the sales guy I had been working with. The following day he emailed again asking if I had a chance to sign the paperwork. I had not, because I was sick of dealing with Laura, about a week prior I reached out to another dealership asking for a price. The only reason that dealer hasn't sent me a price yet is because the sales guy I'm working with is dealing with the loss of his mother, trying to spend time with family, plan the funeral, etc. I told him to take as much time as he needed and he could work on my truck when he was free. He said he should be back in the office this week, so we'll see what they price up.

Sorry about such a long post. I'm not here to bash anyone, we're all human after all. People have good and bad days, better and worse days, but in my opinion, the treatment I was given by my sales guy from Laura Ford was excessive in negligence. I truly think because of their pricing they are very busy with orders from all over the country. But that's still not an excuse for flat out ignoring customers. And I seriously doubt it was a case of the customer (me) being a complete nuisance. I'm a very patient and understanding person. I give people the benefit of the doubt that they want to do the right thing. I try and put myself in the shoes of others, treating them with respect and dignity - just as I would like to be treated. But in dealing with Laura, I'd lost all hope and expectation that they were going to honor the deal that we had arranged, signed, and even left a deposit on ($2000 if you're wondering).
Sorry for your experience. I have no personal experience at Laura. I know when I was looking at GMC, Laura GMC had a lot of good recommendations. The Ford dealership I believe I relatively new. Not that that is any excuse for poor customer service.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:04 PM
vitacura
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
I was asked at a dealer the other day if I was any type of first responder. I am not, but I assume there's another discount associated with that for those that are shopping.
I tried to use First Responder with X plan, but it wasn't combinable. Might be with Costco.
Main reason I went X plan is the limitation of dealer fees, that saved an extra $700 on my deal making it better than Costco at my dealer.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:13 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by vitacura
I tried to use First Responder with X plan, but it wasn't combinable. Might be with Costco.
Main reason I went X plan is the limitation of dealer fees, that saved an extra $700 on my deal making it better than Costco at my dealer.
My wife is an RN and there’s a medical professional (or anyone in their household) $500 incentive. PGM #37636. I’ll look into that and see if it’s available to me.
When I was at a different dealer looking at a different truck, they knew coming in that I was using X Plan but they were the ones asking me if I was a first responder so I assumed these incentives all worked together. So many things to try to keep up on.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Scycle
5th Wheeling
Anyone know of new PCO's with expiration after 1/4? I just got the VIN for my 2021 build and it looks like end of November build, so I wouldn't expect it until well after the 4th.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:37 AM
vitacura
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Scycle
Anyone know of new PCO's with expiration after 1/4? I just got the VIN for my 2021 build and it looks like end of November build, so I wouldn't expect it until well after the 4th.
Any dealer worth their salt will lock in your PCO, especially now that you have a VIN.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:12 PM
2020Tremor
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vitacura
Any dealer worth their salt will lock in your PCO, especially now that you have a VIN.
I believe it depends on how it was ordered and if any incentives were already locked in at time of order weather it can be locked. I was told if ordered as dealer stock a PCO can be locked any time if transferred to sold order. If ordered as sold order supposedly has to be locked within 30 days of order acceptance. If a lower value PCO was locked then another higher one can’t be locked. Did find some old program rules on the web that confirm what I was told but have not been able to find current incentive protection program rules to confirm if rules have not changed.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:15 PM
FDNYL136
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pco

I have a $2500 pco page open if anyone needs

Old 10-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Jake_the_Snake
New User
I am! What info do you need?

Old 10-12-2020, 08:21 PM
FDNYL136
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pco

Pm your name address phone n email

Quick Reply: $3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)