2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

$3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 07:58 PM
OffBalance
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mcmurm
Well, well, well... Look what just popped up in my email... The last one I had clearly stated Private Cash Offer, where this one is just says Exclusive Cash Reward. I doubt there's any difference. The code is also formatted different from my previous PCO too.

Congrats mcmurm!

I've forgotten what your current order status is? Did your order already get placed as a 2021? Can the dealer apply this now, or do you have to wait until the truck arrives?

Old 10-01-2020, 08:10 PM
windellmc
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trang64
$2K in the email for me too, I always get screwed by $500 compared to most everyone else it seems. I used a PCO a few months ago. IF I would have had this one a month ago I might have bit on a left over '19 F150 Lariat that was already $15K+ off MSRP at a local dealer.
I got the $2k one today for F150, Superduty, and Expedition, but it covered $1250 on Explorer, Ranger, Edge, Ecosport, Escape, or Mustang.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:28 PM
mcmurm
More Turbo
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by OffBalance
Congrats mcmurm!

I've forgotten what your current order status is? Did your order already get placed as a 2021? Can the dealer apply this now, or do you have to wait until the truck arrives?
Hey, thanks @OffBalance. Believe it or not, the order STILL is not been placed. It has been a long and frustrating process to say the least. I had sent them signed paperwork on a 2020 Platinum on August 6th. I thought they ran the order through then but a week later when I called to get a status check, they had not placed the order. So they said they would and by the time they did, apparently Ford had stopped accepting orders on 2020's (like 2 weeks after I sent the signed paperwork).

So I lost out on the 2020's and we decided to build a 2021 instead. Ford opens up 2021 orders and I get a new quote from the dealer that's $1000 higher than the last. We go back and forth but I ultimately pull the trigger, sign and return the paperwork on September 14th. Called a week or so later, nope, still not ordered. Called last week, still not ordered. Called this week, still not ordered. So they're promising they're going to order it, but they still haven't, and that's where we are today.

If it wasn't for the price they're offering, I would have walked long ago. But even with the price, I'm not really sure the extra few thousand is worth the trouble they've caused. If anyone is wondering, they're currently about $2000 below invoice. Their original offer on the 2020 was about $3000 below invoice. Great deal, but a pain in the *** headache to come with it.

To answer your question on applying the PCO - I don't think they'll apply it until the truck arrives and I take possession. They don't seem too keen on working outside the box. I've heard some dealers will apply it once a VIN is created because they can pre-process the sale at that point. If these guys don't seem interested in trying anything new / outside the box to help the customer out.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:49 PM
seatowjoe
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1970 Boss
I got my PCO today via email and the exact same one as above and expires 1-4-2021. I used a PCO when I ordered my 2020 SD last year. I "think" I am on the list because I registered at Barrett-Jackson at the Ford booth as I get 3-4 a year. On a side note and I know this has been discussed numerous times.....according to my dealer THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PCO LOCK. Get it in writing that your dealer will honor your PCO regardless if it has expired. My 2020 came in just days before my PCO expired and my dealer explained to me again....expired PCO's are not valid. There is a sticky on tis Forum on how to lock in your PCO and a nine year old link as well......I am not calling anyone a liar.......if you order a truck and it arrives after your PCO expires.....get it in writing that your dealer will honor the PCO even if Ford does not. Wish I could give it to you guys as I will probably not use it anyway.
All 3 trucks were bought with PCO's that expired while the trucks were being built. The dealer will lock in your PCO and incentives, and they will be valid when the truck is delivered. You and your dealer are wrong, sorry. All that was said above in relation to PCO lock is incorrect.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:57 PM
pecora55
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by windellmc
I got the $2k one today for F150, Superduty, and Expedition, but it covered $1250 on Explorer, Ranger, Edge, Ecosport, Escape, or Mustang.
I also got the $2k one as well...been looking to upgrade our explorer to an expedition so have some time to decide if we want to pull the trigger on it or not...

Old 10-01-2020, 08:58 PM
1970 Boss
Junior User
Hey Joe, I get it and not offended at all and glad it worked for you. I only know what my dealer told me on mine and they are 100% straight up as not all dealers are as you know. The main point is....get it in writing that your dealer will accept an expired PCO is all.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:13 PM
IceOnFire77
New User
I got the same $2500 PCO via e-mail today and will use it against my 2021 F-350 order which will hopefully arrive sometime in the next month or two?

Old 10-01-2020, 10:35 PM
MunneY
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang.. I didn't get an email

I really thought I might get one today

Old 10-01-2020, 11:35 PM
OffBalance
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Everyone - be sure to check in your email Spam folder if you are anxiously awaiting. That's where my PCO went when I got it several months ago.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Scycle
5th Wheeling
Just ordered the F350 CCSB yesterday, but I think it's too soon to try for one of the 1/4/21 expiration PCO's, because I don't think the truck will be here until later Jan or Feb-guessing.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:10 PM
mcmurm
More Turbo
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Scycle
Just ordered the F350 CCSB yesterday, but I think it's too soon to try for one of the 1/4/21 expiration PCO's, because I don't think the truck will be here until later Jan or Feb-guessing.
I hope you're wrong, but I think you're probably right.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:17 PM
ATC_F350
Laughing Gas
Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Scycle
When I ordered my truck last year, they said I could lock in a pco, as long as a truck was ordered and the pco hadn't expired.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:43 PM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
Originally Posted by mcmurm
Hey, thanks @OffBalance. Believe it or not, the order STILL is not been placed. It has been a long and frustrating process to say the least. I had sent them signed paperwork on a 2020 Platinum on August 6th. I thought they ran the order through then but a week later when I called to get a status check, they had not placed the order. So they said they would and by the time they did, apparently Ford had stopped accepting orders on 2020's (like 2 weeks after I sent the signed paperwork).

So I lost out on the 2020's and we decided to build a 2021 instead. Ford opens up 2021 orders and I get a new quote from the dealer that's $1000 higher than the last. We go back and forth but I ultimately pull the trigger, sign and return the paperwork on September 14th. Called a week or so later, nope, still not ordered. Called last week, still not ordered. Called this week, still not ordered. So they're promising they're going to order it, but they still haven't, and that's where we are today.

If it wasn't for the price they're offering, I would have walked long ago. But even with the price, I'm not really sure the extra few thousand is worth the trouble they've caused. If anyone is wondering, they're currently about $2000 below invoice. Their original offer on the 2020 was about $3000 below invoice. Great deal, but a pain in the *** headache to come with it.

To answer your question on applying the PCO - I don't think they'll apply it until the truck arrives and I take possession. They don't seem too keen on working outside the box. I've heard some dealers will apply it once a VIN is created because they can pre-process the sale at that point. If these guys don't seem interested in trying anything new / outside the box to help the customer out.
I would walk away and never deal with that dealer again. Whatever deal they're offering, it's not worth it. They are costing you time and money. And since time is money, they're costing you (money ^2).

Old 10-02-2020, 02:26 PM
1970 Boss
Junior User
The email I received for my ECR (Exclusive Cash Rewards) came from: reply@m.email-ford.com

Maybe email the marketing company and ask to get on their list: fordauthority@motrolix.com

Hope this helps in getting your ECR!!!!!

Old 10-02-2020, 03:03 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by seatowjoe
I just received this same one today, also for $2500.
What website are you on that this popped up?

Quick Reply: $3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)