2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

$3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 984 Likes on 601 Posts
Originally Posted by cford716
Not sure what your looking for but Laura Ford outside St. Louis has 13 F250 and 6 F350. Fly into St. Louis, I believe they will pick you up at the airport.
Otherwise order a 2021 and lock in you $2500.
I may go with a Magnetic on the lot. Waiting for sales manager to get back to me. And I've got a trade so St. Louis is probably out of the question. But thanks for the heads up!

Old 10-11-2020, 09:41 AM
mcmurm
More Turbo
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by cford716
Not sure what your looking for but Laura Ford outside St. Louis has 13 F250 and 6 F350. Fly into St. Louis, I believe they will pick you up at the airport.
Otherwise order a 2021 and lock in you $2500.
Laura Ford is who is screwing me around. If you look a few posts back in this thread you'll see my story. They really have a great model of pricing custom orders, which is what attracted me to them, but I literally signed the paperwork and sent it to them a month ago, and they have not ordered my truck yet. Granted, I think this is 100% the fault of the sales guy I've been working with.

Since my sales guy wasn't returning my calls I reached out to a sales manager, who also didn't return my calls. It wasn't until I called on a Wednesday, which according to Gail (she answers their phones and is very pleasant to talk to), Wednesdays are the slowest days of the week for them, and she was able to get my in touch with a sales manager. The sales manager was going to look into the holdup on my truck but didn't call me back. I got a text saying his assistant would call me the next day. By about 4pm the next day I had not received a call, so I called asking for the assistant. He was actually very good to work with. He found some of the details on my truck but didn't find the signed paperwork that I had sent my sales guy, so he opted to just start over from scratch and put the truck in the system, priced it up, and sent me the paperwork in about an hour. Much different experience than the sales guy I had been working with. The following day he emailed again asking if I had a chance to sign the paperwork. I had not, because I was sick of dealing with Laura, about a week prior I reached out to another dealership asking for a price. The only reason that dealer hasn't sent me a price yet is because the sales guy I'm working with is dealing with the loss of his mother, trying to spend time with family, plan the funeral, etc. I told him to take as much time as he needed and he could work on my truck when he was free. He said he should be back in the office this week, so we'll see what they price up.

Sorry about such a long post. I'm not here to bash anyone, we're all human after all. People have good and bad days, better and worse days, but in my opinion, the treatment I was given by my sales guy from Laura Ford was excessive in negligence. I truly think because of their pricing they are very busy with orders from all over the country. But that's still not an excuse for flat out ignoring customers. And I seriously doubt it was a case of the customer (me) being a complete nuisance. I'm a very patient and understanding person. I give people the benefit of the doubt that they want to do the right thing. I try and put myself in the shoes of others, treating them with respect and dignity - just as I would like to be treated. But in dealing with Laura, I'd lost all hope and expectation that they were going to honor the deal that we had arranged, signed, and even left a deposit on ($2000 if you're wondering).

Old 10-11-2020, 10:03 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mcmurm
But in dealing with Laura, I'd lost all hope and expectation that they were going to honor the deal that we had arranged, signed, and even left a deposit on ($2000 if you're wondering).
I've ordered some trucks in my day, but admittedly none in several years. I've never made a deposit on one. Dealers always told me the truck was mine for the taking when it arrived. If I didn't want it, they'd have no trouble selling it as configured.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:09 AM
kevito
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ended up picking up a GMC 3500HD yesterday. Not the Ford I wanted, alas, but after months of trying to get a PCO without success I was willing to forget PCOs even existed and buy anyway, but after almost two months of trying to find a dealer willing to even accept X-Plan that also had what we wanted in stock without success time was up. We pick up our new 5th wheel this week, so I couldn't wait any longer.

Just wanted to say, thank you everyone contributing to this thread and helping folks try and secure a PCO, all the insight and input was much appreciated. Thank you!

Old 10-11-2020, 10:15 AM
SaltyScout
Mountain Pass
Received 41 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kevito
I ended up picking up a GMC 3500HD yesterday. Not the Ford I wanted, alas, but after months of trying to get a PCO without success I was willing to forget PCOs even existed and buy anyway, but after almost two months of trying to find a dealer willing to even accept X-Plan that also had what we wanted in stock without success time was up. We pick up our new 5th wheel this week, so I couldn't wait any longer.

Just wanted to say, thank you everyone contributing to this thread and helping folks try and secure a PCO, all the insight and input was much appreciated. Thank you!
Congrats on the new fifth wheel and GMC!

One big difference I heard between the GMC 2500 and 3500 (SRW) is a much bigger rotor. Not sure how the comparison translates to superduty - whether ford starts them off larger at the f250 or the GMC 3500 rotors are bigger than the F350. But I know the 2500 to 3500 difference on the GM side is much more than an extra leaf like in moving from F250 to F350.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:16 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by kevito

Bad time of year to find anything on a lot for Super Duty. At least in New York State. I've got X Plan and the $2500 offer in hand but there's only one truck in the state optioned like I want, even though it's not the preferred color. Everything is either bare bones XL or several thousand dollar over optioned XLT. If I can't work something out tomorrow morning, I drive my current truck another year and be happy.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:26 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
If you have a code, you should be able to log in at: https://www.fordpartner.com/
I have no partner code in the email sent by Ford Investor Relastions, only the PIN.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Darren Moore
5th Wheeling
Anyone have a popup for POC. Looking to get a truck next week.

Darren Moore

Thank you!!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Public posting of one's physical and email address is NOT RECOMMENDED, but not technically prohibited when not in connection with offering an item or service for sale. Personal contact information has been removed to provide @Darren Moore an opportunity to reconsider the tradeoff between privacy and a PCO hoped for. Darren you are free to and allowed to edit this post and restore your contact information if you so choose.

Last edited by Y2KW57; 10-12-2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: To add word of caution regarding public posting of email and mailing address.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:37 PM
mcmurm
More Turbo
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
I have no partner code in the email sent by Ford Investor Relastions, only the PIN.
Whoever you have X-Plan through should provide you with a partner code. For me, it's my employer.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:42 PM
SchillerM
Cross-Country
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
You can do a Google search for Fordpartner PIN And find a few to use. Can't use them for buying with xplan but allows you to see pricing. The dealer just needs the PIN you were given to place order.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Whoever you have X-Plan through should provide you with a partner code. For me, it's my employer.
Ford Investor Services. The sent me an email saying that I was approved and gave me a PIN. Nothing more.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Darren Moore
5th Wheeling
How can someone use the x-plan? Is that through the employer and a friend sign you up?

Old 10-11-2020, 12:54 PM
kluger
Senior User
The PIN is all you need to get X-Plan pricing when you place your order.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Darren Moore
5th Wheeling
If anyone has a POC pop up let me know. I am looking to purchase next week and can't seem to get one! Uggh.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
There are lists of participating companies available, but no partner codes to access fordpartners.com. I've replied to the email that has my PIN so maybe Monday I'll find out the partner code for Ford investors.

Quick Reply: $3K PCO > Now $2.5K ECO - Exclusive Cash Offer - (some say Elusive)