Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

t500 issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:42 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the only thing I haven't got from Riffraff yet is a shirt.. I should probably add that to my T500 order

Old 04-15-2018, 09:47 AM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ProjectDually
I think the only thing I haven't got from Riffraff yet is a shirt.. I should probably add that to my T500 order
Personally, right now, I would avoid the T500 and go with this: https://www.cncfab.us/shop/cnc-fab-7...sure-oil-pump/ instead of the T500. The website may show that it is out of stock; however, if you send yours in as a core it is a non-issue and he gets cores in many times a week. So, I would call and talk to him...Hint: the fact that you CAN talk TO Corey directly is key.

I have two T500's, one of which is starting to leak after only 75K miles. The other is still going strong at 125K. I have tried to contact Joey with zero luck. Clay is a good guy but I don't want to abuse him or his kindness in resolving the issue.

Corey makes sure that each HPOP is flow tested prior to it leaving his shop so that you can install it with confidence. I may just simply purchase a CNC HPOP and send the leaking T500 in as the core due to the downtime on the truck costing more than the difference in the cost of the HPOP.

Joey used to do the same thing; however, there was a thread a while back where one of our members went through 3 or 4 T500's prior to getting one that worked:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...injectors.html

The above thread is not the only one where the T500 has issues upon initial installation. There are many others across several different 7.3L sites.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
I refuse to pay to advertise for someone else, not my local watering hole, not anybody.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jhl3
The above thread is not the only one where the T500 has issues upon initial installation. There are many others across several different 7.3L sites.
I guess things have changed. New duty station and all the training this is really the first time I've seen this issue. Its a shame, the T500 was on my list to get in a few months. Guess I'll give CNCF a shot.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
I refuse to pay to advertise for someone else, not my local watering hole, not anybody.
To each their own man. Kind of hypocrisy though, your jeans advertise themselves, so do most clothes. Your truck advertises ford, your appliances advertise when people come over to your house, etc.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
I guess things have changed. New duty station and all the training this is really the first time I've seen this issue. Its a shame, the T500 was on my list to get in a few months. Guess I'll give CNCF a shot.
That would be a wise choice and the same I am going to make if/when I need a new HPOP. I have spoken to Corey several times and he is a stand up guy. My second choice would be an Adrenaline HPOP from Diesel Site, but I prefer to send my money to Corey at CNC first.

To each their own man. Kind of hypocrisy though, your jeans advertise themselves, so do most clothes. Your truck advertises ford, your appliances advertise when people come over to your house, etc.
Agree with this too. I have a hat with the Yuengling logo on it... I have a shirt that says Ford... My weapons each have the manufacturer name on them somewhere... It is what is and I am grateful we each have the choice to wear what we want.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:37 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
You've paid dearly to advertise for at least one someone - . Unless you've stripped off all logos and disguised your truck.
I agree with this sentiment in a big picture kinda way, but in reality, pretty much everything you own and use is manufactured by someone, and generally their logo is emblazoned on it somewhere. Buying an RR t-shirt isn't solely advertising, you are getting a t-shirt. I have one, and it's actually a pretty darn good t-shirt; comfortable, fits good, nice material, and has held up quite well.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Now you guys are being ridiculous, you know exactly what I'm saying (I know this 'cause I already know you're smart). I have to own an gun, and a car etc etc. Those manufacturers all have to have their names on their goods...unless I'm UPS and so big that I can tell them to leave the badges off. But I can buy plain pocket T-shirts for a few bucks with no name on it. If I could buy a pickup of my liking without the logos for 1/4 the price I would gladly do so and refuse to buy one that was stickered up for the exorbitant price.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:13 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I have to own an gun
My favorite part of your reply, and the part most likely to make me say, Ok, you win!
But I'm willing to bet that if an automaker offered a logo-delete option for their stuff, they'd charge more for it, and that would have zero to do with actual costs.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SaintITC
My favorite part of your reply, and the part most likely to make me say, Ok, you win!
But I'm willing to bet that if an automaker offered a logo-delete option for their stuff, they'd charge more for it, and that would have zero to do with actual costs.

Anytime we want something that is outside the norm we get banged for it just because it causes a hiccup in their process. An example or two would be power steering, and the manual transmission. I know that if a company wants a power steering delete they have to pay extra for it and I have heard (but never verified) that the same goes with wanting manual transmission in a car (if it's even an option). BUT, take a good look at UPS's vehicles, unless things have changed since I left the business the ONLY identifier (other than obvious appearance) on their trucks was the bulldog on the front of the Macks, and that is only there because it is the handle that is used to pull the hood forward. Though they may pay for that in the end as I'm confident that they take bids for thousands of trucks to their specs.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:05 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Dilly Dilly Clay...

Old 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Now you guys are being ridiculous, you know exactly what I'm saying (I know this 'cause I already know you're smart).
Heh heh heh...you must HATE it when they have those OBVIOUS, over the top product placements in movies and such.

Stewart

Edit: Sorry, I added to the hijack.

To get back on track, my T500 is still holding up well, but I do need to send my duals in to get serviced by Joey. I've just had too much going on the past year to do so.

Last edited by Stewart_H; 04-17-2018 at 10:25 AM.