Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UGA's Modification Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
UGA's Modification Thread

Gonna start a thread to help me keep track of my truck from Day 1 to where ever it ends up. I'll slowly be adding parts till I eventually get it where I like it

Feel free to chime in with advice/ honest opinions/ or whatever is on your mind!

First up is a dealer tag delete and side badge swap. Tag lower brackets require the use of a thin tag or modification. My "Georgia G" tag is 3D and will require modifications to the holder to make it fit due to its thickness. Truck 1 Josh 0.

Truck completely unmolested:

First up is paint-matched side badges:

Pretty easy to do. Crack door open to give you some room to work and pull applying even outward pressure. They put up a fight, but eventually popped out. Broke one of the four tabs on the driver side badge. Turned out nice

Up next is Ford emblems when I research how to remove the grille tabs next to headlights. Exhaust and tune will be next weekend

Old 03-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Off to the races buddy. Good start. When I pulled the dealer stickers I also pulled the 4X4 stickers on the rear fenders. Looks are subjective but I think it looks a lot better without stickers.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:50 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Off to the races buddy. Good start. When I pulled the dealer stickers I also pulled the 4X4 stickers on the rear fenders. Looks are subjective but I think it looks a lot better without stickers.
I remove the bed side stickers too, usually before I even drive off the dealer lot. Years ago my dealer cussed me because when they re sold my trade in it cost them like $200 to put new stickers back on it.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:50 AM
MJR777
Senior User
MJR777 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice Thread - I'll be curious to watch you build it out....Which aftermarket exhaust are you planning to go with?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MJR777 View Post
Nice Thread - I'll be curious to watch you build it out....Which aftermarket exhaust are you planning to go with?
Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back with no muffler.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
I remove the bed side stickers too, usually before I even drive off the dealer lot. Years ago my dealer cussed me because when they re sold my trade in it cost them like $200 to put new stickers back on it.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
This has crossed my mind. I have left them on in the past. May have to change my ways.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Best time to pull stickers is when they are new and fresh. They come off easy and there is no chance for the paint to fade around them.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
nice looking truck! I just bought my F150 from those guys, decent dealer i would say. ordered my 350 from chestatee

Im with you on stickers! first thing i do is break out the heat gun and remove dealer and 4x4 stickers, cant get dealer tags off fast enough. Id say Greene has one of the better looking dealer tags though.

im gonna pm you about exhaust, i have some plans end of this month myself

Old 03-10-2017, 10:21 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
nice looking truck! I just bought my F150 from those guys, decent dealer i would say. ordered my 350 from chestatee

Im with you on stickers! first thing i do is break out the heat gun and remove dealer and 4x4 stickers, cant get dealer tags off fast enough. Id say Greene has one of the better looking dealer tags though.

im gonna pm you about exhaust, i have some plans end of this month myself
They were great to work with. Walked in and told em if they could match 11% off MSRP like they were advertising for trucks on the lot, I would order. I was out of there in under 20 mins! Really easy process.

As for exhaust, I'd be happy to answer/physically help any way I can.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:14 PM
44Dan44
Elder User
44Dan44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looking forward to seeing all your mods as you go. In depth photos on the badge removals and how to possibly avoid breaking the backside clips would be appreciated.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:01 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
Very productive first day. Got the truck weighed, had the front windows tinted to match the back, set some stuff up with ForScan and finished the front and rear emblems.

Also priced a 3" hitch from Ford. $335 for part number HC3Z-17D826-B if anyone needs it.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 PM
maps
Junior User
maps is starting off with a positive reputation.
Badges look awesome! How hard were the front and rear to remove?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Kenv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Kenv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Truck looks great Josh. Cool thread for sure!!

Old 03-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Thumper911
Senior User
Thumper911 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks amazing. Love the matching color badges.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:24 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
oklarado is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Fancy truck and you skipped out on the 360 camera?? Nice color matching!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UGA's Modification Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.