Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Torque Pro FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 PM
VOODOO7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExPACamper
I've been using Torque Pro for about a year and a half with no issues. This just came up with one of the recent updates.

I don't know which one, but I suspect between 2/3/2016 and now.

Other than the icons/graphics, notice a difference?

The Max/Min is reversed. Not a smoking gun, but *might* indicate a change in data structure.

I didn't find any way to report the problem from my Android, will check on the interwebs

There have been problems with Torque Pro versions in the past (including one version that crashed every time you opened it), but they have been fixed very quickly.

Since this bug is so dramatic and stalls the Excursion, I wanted to raise the flag right away. Hope to help others avoid the problem and from any related hassles or waste of time chasing non-existent vehicle troubles

Torque Pro is still my favorite monitoring program. It's just caught a bit of a cold for now
ExPACamper,
Thanks for posting those for comparison sake. The last TP install I did was a little over a month ago and I don't have those new graphics. I assume you are in US, and I did notice Air Intake Temp is set to read in Celsius. I have experienced one setting continuing to read Celsius even after selecting my settings for Farenheight. I am going to compare my PIDs to yours and post back ASAP. Cheers!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by VOODOO7.3
ExPACamper,
Thanks for posting those for comparison sake. The last TP install I did was a little over a month ago and I don't have those new graphics. I assume you are in US, and I did notice Air Intake Temp is set to read in Celsius. I have experienced one setting continuing to read Celsius even after selecting my settings for Farenheight. I am going to compare my PIDs to yours and post back ASAP. Cheers!
Not sure if it will be the same in this version, but earlier versions had a global F/C setting, which appeared to "toggle" the individual settings. If you had C set in the PID, it would flip to F and vice versa.

I was reconfiguring my Torque Pro today when my Excursion started to complain and I found the problem.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 PM
VOODOO7.3
Senior User
ExPACamper, thanks to your request, I found several things, some maybe helpful, some possibly more confusing! So here goes nothing! If I mention anything you already know, please ignore. In vehicle settings, did you select "use separate dashboard settings for your Excursion? Because it allows you to use not only it's own dashboard layout, but also custom PIDs instead of just the global dashboard/PID lists. Did you use any advanced settings? I did see that change to Max/Min but I suspect that they were reversed to either simplify programming, speed up data transfer, or reduce errors. I did just notice that some custom PIDs that I had entered manually earlier are now labeled as "normal PID". Interesting, Ian must get these 5 seconds after we do! With your Excursion's profile selected, and the dashboard opened, tap the settings (gear wheel) icon. From there, you can select "send debugging info". Next a text window will pop up and ask you to specify problem and include your e-mail if you would like a reply.

That would be my next move, if I was experiencing a problem. I have read numerous reports that Ian answers lots of them personally and is very eager to remedy anything possible. I appreciate you trying to warn any of us of possible problems. I bet that your request gets answered by Ian and then he will make necessary changes or give further direction. Keep us posted on the outcome. Cheers!

Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Thanks for the tips Maybe I can add a few things.

1. I took the "Use separate dashboard" to mean I'd have to add all my own PIDs. I think this has potential for other things (a share-able profile to allow people to monitor and setup quickly?) I haven't tried it yet.

2. The "FTE" suggested PIDs for monitoring and logging/graphing are mostly in the "Pre-defined" Ford list now (if you add them via the menu) with the following results:

Matches the custom ones I was using before

a. ICP
b. EOT
c. DC%
d. EBP
e. FIPW
f. MAP
g. BOOST (MAP)

Trans fluid Temp- Their version works, the custom one never did for me?

Accelerator Pedal Position- Not yet resolved. Was a little sluggish, several options, then the dash freak out, so I removed it from the monitor and narrowed down the troublemaker. Will have to get back on this. I like this PID in the logs to see if the driver really is WOT or let up for some reason, which is reflected in the graph.

BARO- Had to add this custom one, though haven't tried it yet (same diversion as above)

Torque Converter Slip- Different than the custom one. (haven't tried yet, same reason as above)
Custom one: ((A*256)+B)/4
New TP one: ((A*256)+B)*.6103

3. I didn't know the debugging section had an email report option. I thought that was the standard Android debugging stuff

Old 05-18-2016, 09:37 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by VOODOO7.3
...With your Excursion's profile selected, and the dashboard opened, tap the settings (gear wheel) icon. From there, you can select "send debugging info". Next a text window will pop up and ask you to specify problem and include your e-mail if you would like a reply.
In order to activate the "send debugging info" menu item, must first be in main screen, gear, General Preferences, check "Enable Debugging"

PS- Sent a report

Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Crims
Junior User
I'm reviving this thread because I just installed an OBD and Torque Pro. You reference a difference between the TCSlip PID in the Pre-defined ford list and the custom PID posted on this site. Has anyone figured out which is correct?

The reason I ask is this. With the predefined PID, setting in park at idle TCSlip reads about 1600 rpm on mine which I believe to be impossible. In that condition it can't be higher than the engine RPM of about 600-700.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Crims
Junior User
Update to previous post. I changed Torque Pro PID equation for Torque Convertor Slip to the custom equation and it appears to be reading correctly now. If I am in gear with the brake on at idle it reads within a few rpm of the engine rpm.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Yeah... the default stuff is not road verified.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The "stock" gauges seems to be mostly accurate as far as I can tell, the only one that seems slightly off is the Torque converter, however in the updates of the app things seem to be getting better possibly...

Old 11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
The "stock" gauges seems to be mostly accurate as far as I can tell, the only one that seems slightly off is the Torque converter, however in the updates of the app things seem to be getting better possibly...
NOPE!

Update 1.8.152 is an unmitigated disaster. Another very usable app killed by unfortunate updates!

Keep your device from updating from previous version if possible till Ian fixes this cluster!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:43 PM
BigRed1Ton
Senior User
Originally Posted by Colorado Horseman
NOPE!

Update 1.8.152 is an unmitigated disaster. Another very usable app killed by unfortunate updates!

Keep your device from updating from previous version if possible till Ian fixes this cluster!

Appreciate the heads up Horseman. I haven't used the app in awhile, but just got a notification for the update. Guess I won't be doing that !

Old 11-08-2016, 09:01 PM
MoBill122
Papa Smurf
Received 136 Likes on 77 Posts
I'm so confused I don't know where to start.... lol Anyone in Georgia ?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanks for a heads-up! Clicking "No" on an update is a lot easier than a roll-back.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Updated to 1.8.154 and some PID issues solved, but still unable to load TPD.

Track log issue turned out not to be on Torque's end but my corrupted Excel -

WHOA – My BAD!
Loaded .csv Track Log on another desktop with the same version of Excel and all fine.
Repaired the corrupted version of Excel on original desktop and now reads Track Log.
The problem was with my Excel – and myself!
Please accept my apologies.

Apologized to Ian, also. https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpfor...opic&t=8229.00

Old 11-12-2016, 08:25 AM
MeTo
Tuned
Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Just wanted to let a quick thanks to the people who has invested time in this.

I'm new here; still on leash. The org and army, not so much. I'm still to scary
and dangerous for sig privileges, so I will copy and Elmer's glue the details.

97 F350 XL std cab, zf5, srw, 4wd, & 3.55s "Tuppence"
Donaldson, 3" dp, 203F t-stat,NEW Alliant ACs & Hydra w/ PHP tunes, DIY 60 gl tank, 6 gl sump, wood box, eFuel/Cat filters, Auber instruments & IDM mod, DIY deer deflector, rear bumper, recessed hitch, KC-TP38r, bellowed up pipes, 6.0 IC & 3" plenums w/inserts, Bronco overhead console & lower door panels, tinted windows, custom upholstered 40/20/40

Quick Reply: Torque Pro FAQ