North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Winter 2015/2016 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 07:25 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There's no title for the cab, but I can get a bill of sale if that help, and most likely not.
Far as not being able to sell for 3 years, I'm no sure, but I don't think so. But this truck will never be for sale again.
I bought this same truck 9 years ago, and owned it for 6 years. Then sold it to help pay for the move to North Carolina. In the next 16 or so months, it was sold 3 more times. The third tome friends back home bought him and did some repairs and made me the offer tht if I ever wanted him back, he'd sell him to me only.
So 3 years and 1000 miles later, I have Ka'Bluey back in my ownership. The last weekend before he was transported, and group of the Missouri Chapter members got together and signed the dash for me.
So "he" will never see another for sale sign.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:17 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
That's a fact. Any time we'd take Ka'Bluey out to play in the mud, I'd wash him a few day's later, and pretty goo too since I had a pressure washer in the garage.
When we did the cab swap the frame, top of the tranny, the frame, etc was still coated in what was now almost cement. So the pressure washer was fired up and more cleaning before we put the new cab on the chassis.
Yup... everytime I work on the truck I get a pile of mud to the face.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:19 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
There's no title for the cab, but I can get a bill of sale if that help, and most likely not.
See if you can't find the VIN on the frame. Passengers side frame rail between front cab mount and shock tower area. Clean it up real good, cab swaps are done all the time, but that frame rail vin can't be swapped. Aslong as the title matches that I don't see how there would be any issues.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:25 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
I finally ordered some parts to work on Ol' Blue. Got my 3g harness and mount, now just got to go pull the alternator off my old 300 i6 and swap the pulley from serpentine to V. Then I should be ready to get all that hooked up move on to the next issues to deal with.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:54 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77mud
See if you can't find the VIN on the frame. Passengers side frame rail between front cab mount and shock tower area. Clean it up real good, cab swaps are done all the time, but that frame rail vin can't be swapped. Aslong as the title matches that I don't see how there would be any issues.
That's on today's agenda, passenger side, top of frame, and on the 4x4 chassis, it should be behind the front axle. And I'm really hoping that is the same number.
But first, we're gonna fire him up and stretch his legs a bit. I need to air the tires up fully, and hopefully with a couple of miles of driving around some of those flat spots will come out. And that C6 wasn't going into 1st gear when I drove it to the house from Walmart when we got him off of the transport. So maybe a few miles will get that tranny downshifting. Could also be a bad vacuum line, or faulty modulator valve.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:36 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Major Hurdle!

Well I did just get through the Major Hurdle that I was fearing., The VIN on Ka'Bluey's frame Does match the title. After learning about this theft inspection, that, was my biggest fear.
We snagged a battery charger and it's getting a good charge now. Coolant is topped off, power steering is full oil level is good, but it is the NASTIEST oil that I think I've ever seen. It is just brown But I already have my eyes out for another engine to build, most likely stock plus a nice cam. Unless I can come across a good one for the right money (and I don't have any) and drop one in.
Hope y'all are enjoying the weather

Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Good, don't see how they could make you get a new vin then if the frame and title matches.

Finally broke down and cleaned my truck today, first time since last January. I was glad to see it was still green u der all that dirt, dust, and mud.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:19 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Looks nice Larry, now clean those head lights up!
I got me a little ride around town with Ka'Bluey, then Shari and I road around town for a bit.
WOW, now I have a headache from the noise. Yeah, it's been a while.
Tranny did clear up in just a few minutes and is shifting just fine, the tires seamed to smoothen out a bit too. Still need to get them aired up the rest of the way.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:25 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Good, don't see how they could make you get a new vin then if the frame and title matches.

I don't know Larry, but I guess I'll start learning more tomorrow. But I sure do feel better knowing that is the right VIN.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:21 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Looks nice Larry, now clean those head lights up!
I got me a little ride around town with Ka'Bluey, then Shari and I road around town for a bit.
I need too clean them up, just gave it a quick wash this afternoon. I want to wax it up once spring rolls around.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:34 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I need too clean them up, just gave it a quick wash this afternoon. I want to wax it up once spring rolls around.
I usually get a good coat of wax on our car's two or three times a year, until the back issues started.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

did a little cleaning today..

now my backs angry with me... even more so than it was this morning...

Old 01-11-2016, 12:51 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I made it through the License/Theft inspection ok. I did work out better for me that I do at least have the correct frame. But since the cab and drivers door each have a different VIN, we will eventually end up with a new VIN number that will go on the cab, and frame, and that number will obviously be on the new North Carolina title, and that is excepted in the rest of the country. And I will also have to get this bonded insurance policy, after I get the new VIN number.
Fun, Fun,Fun

Old 01-11-2016, 03:02 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you are making progress though. Good Luck!

Old 01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
We're getting there.
The inspector (d@mned kid) said we should be good, just a few forms and things to get filled out and notarized as they come in. The new title will show it being a 1979 Ford F150 "Replica" since it's literally made up of several different vehicles.
But we'll get there.

Quick Reply: Winter 2015/2016 General BS Thread