Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

July BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Yeah...that's what I'd be lookin for. My shop is open til 6pm Mon.-Fri. and Sat. 10 - 4 during season. We cut back in the winter (9-4 tue.-fri & 10-2 on sat) giving us Sun & Mon off like the rest of the world. The other problem is getting off this rock required being dependent on the Wa. State Ferry system....need I say more? It's just one of the sacrifices of being self employed. The other is to damn near starve to death.....minor I know but it beats workin for just one boss.
I see I see. For the shop thing, the reason I asked is so we can get an idea of the schedule. But from the looks of it, getting time isn't the issue it's transportation. You need to but a party barge, knock off the roof, put a bigger motor in and run your personal ferry . It would totally work!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I see I see. For the shop thing, the reason I asked is so we can get an idea of the schedule. But from the looks of it, getting time isn't the issue it's transportation. You need to but a party barge, knock off the roof, put a bigger motor in and run your personal ferry . It would totally work!
I know right? Ya see....that's why I like this group.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I know right? Ya see....that's why I like this group.
We do our best to please the masses. I've been thinking about trying to set up a BBQ at a state park or something. I haven't covered the details or put much thought into it since I just found out about a possible trip over to Charlotte NC for the 5th anniversary of the Mustang. Me and 2 Norwegian friends might be getting a rental car and driving there. But that's in next April so it's a ways away.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
We do our best to please the masses. I've been thinking about trying to set up a BBQ at a state park or something. I haven't covered the details or put much thought into it since I just found out about a possible trip over to Charlotte NC for the 5th anniversary of the Mustang. Me and 2 Norwegian friends might be getting a rental car and driving there. But that's in next April so it's a ways away.
Sounds like your headed for a good time in NC. I think you mean the 50th anniversary right? This year is the 50th anniversary of the GT40. On August 25th here on San Juan Island we'll be celebrating that car at the Concours De Elegance sports car and motorcycle show hosted at the Vineyards on Roche Harbor Rd.
If your lookin for a BBQ location I might have what your lookin for. The motorcycle group I started last year (S.I.C.) has a club house right here on our island along with 40 mowed acres on Sportsman Lake to camp on. The best thing is I believe I can arrange it for FREE! Nada...zip....as in "No Charge". It may be to far off the beatin trail for most members though.
Here's a pic of our club house.

The Club House has a decent kitchen and the front of the property is paved. Access to the camping area on Sportsmans Lake is accessed via dirt road right behind the Club House.
Lemme know whatcha think and I'll see what I can do.
Capt'n

Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ahh shoot, I missed the 0 Doh! Yeah the 50th anniversary. I don't own a mustang anymore but I have never done a road trip that far. Only from Cali up to here.

As for the BBQ, that place looks nice and we could even turn it into a camping trip. Stay the night up there or something, have lunch then head home. I've never been on a ferry or gone to the outer islands so I don't know how that process works. I know Jameson lives over on Whidbey and takes the ferry down here some times. We had talked about a trip up there but it didn't turn out.

Do you know how much the ferry fee is to get over there? That might be something to do next year if we can. This year might be too soon unless we do it in Fall when we might get rained out.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Ahh shoot, I missed the 0 Doh! Yeah the 50th anniversary. I don't own a mustang anymore but I have never done a road trip that far. Only from Cali up to here.

As for the BBQ, that place looks nice and we could even turn it into a camping trip. Stay the night up there or something, have lunch then head home. I've never been on a ferry or gone to the outer islands so I don't know how that process works. I know Jameson lives over on Whidbey and takes the ferry down here some times. We had talked about a trip up there but it didn't turn out.

Do you know how much the ferry fee is to get over there? That might be something to do next year if we can. This year might be too soon unless we do it in Fall when we might get rained out.
Here's the link to the ferry fee's from the mainland (Anacortes) to San Juan Island (Friday Harbor). Fee's vary depending on the vehicle and how many people in the vehicle and their ages.
WSDOT - Ferries - Fares: Anacortes to Friday Harbor

They only charge going westbound. There is no fee to come back to the mainland. In other words, when you arrive at the ferry terminal, you tell them where your goin (Friday Harbor), the nice person in the little drive up toll booth will calculate your ferry fee (always round trip) and direct you to get in a numbered line (usually line #4). Then, for reasons that make zero sense, you proceed to the second toll booth and that person will also direct you to the designated departure line. Then you get in the line your directed to and wait til the ferry arrives. It's first come first serve. Next thing ya know your line starts to move and you drive right onto the boat. Once on the boat you can get outta your vehicle and go upstairs where there's open decks and inside lounge areas along with a cafe on most boats.
On the return leg, you just get to the ferry terminal here in Friday Harbor and a ferry worker will be standing at the head of the lineup lot and direct you to a numbered line determined by where your headed. In this case you would be going back to Anacortes. You pay NO fee for the return trip east.
I know I make sound a bit complicated but somehow all the tourista's manage to get here with no problems.
Capt'n

Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Holy crap!
$235.45
that was the total for 1 person and the bronco. Jeeze that's a lot.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Where did you get $235.45?
For me and my truck I get
Vehicle U22' & Sr/Disabled Driver (standard veh) $51.10
I may have to see if my truck is over 7'6" for the over high charge.
Here is the list that should cover most of our trucks

Vehicle Under 14' & Driver (less than 168”) $45.75
Vehicle Under 22' & Driver (standard veh) $57.35
Vehicle U14' & Sr/Disabled Driver (less than 168") $39.50

You know we had to cancel the BIG meet....... Maybe ??
Where is Snow Bunny when you need her? Off being a very busy bunny.

Sean

Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Where did you get $235.45?
For me and my truck I get
I may have to see if my truck is over 7'6" for the over high charge.
Here is the list that should cover most of our trucks

Vehicle Under 14' & Driver (less than 168”) $45.75
Vehicle Under 22' & Driver (standard veh) $57.35
Vehicle U14' & Sr/Disabled Driver (less than 168") $39.50

You know we had to cancel the BIG meet....... Maybe ??
Where is Snow Bunny when you need her? Off being a very busy bunny.

Sean
This is what I filled out.
Adult (age 19 - 64) - $12.45

Vehicle Under 14' & Driver (less than 168”) - $45.75

Vehicle Under 30' Under 7'6 in. - $88.75

Added all that together. 1 passenger, and the trucks dimensions. Unless you only select one?

That would make more sense I guess.

Also what BIG meet are you talking about? I'm hoping to be the next Chapter Leader soon anyways so we can figure something out.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
This is what I filled out.
Adult (age 19 - 64) - $12.45

Vehicle Under 14' & Driver (less than 168”) - $45.75

Vehicle Under 30' Under 7'6 in. - $88.75

Added all that together. 1 passenger, and the trucks dimensions. Unless you only select one?

That would make more sense I guess.

Also what BIG meet are you talking about? I'm hoping to be the next Chapter Leader soon anyways so we can figure something out.
Sean is right.....ya just pic one. Remember....what your paying for is a round trip.....to paradise.
Capt'n

Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Sean is right.....ya just pic one. Remember....what your paying for is a round trip.....to paradise.
Capt'n
I guess you learn something new every day huh? I'll use my "Never been on a Ferry" Excuse now

Well, I think we can plan something out for a trip up there, however I don't know what would be best. This year or next year. This year is cutting it close for such a big event like a BBQ/camp out. Next year we will have much more planning time and as long as we don't decide on April I should be alright. Plus that will give us all plenty of time to fix all our broken crap for the long haul up there. I'm sure the Ferry operator wouldn't take to kindly to me leaking oil all over their ferry deck

Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my motor in and running last night, had to swap out more crap as the Procomp V/C were 3 inches taller and hit the booster. Gotta put the hood on, exhaust on and time it, check fluids then moving the SCS to my new shop to drop it off so I can go pick up my 91 SuperCoupe to do the 5 speed swap.

Priorities= Finish motor details on Crew, put a new headgasket in the wife's Blast, %spd swap on the S-C, then frame splice on the crew to extend it, then work on my bike.

And throw in a lot of towing/moving/juggling vehicles and bikes, setting up my new shop space, OH YA and a wedding/honeymoon in a couple short weeks!

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY haha

Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Good lord you have a lot on your plate. But that makes the day exciting.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hey Sean, take a look at this local Bug. They call it BugZilla

He beat me on Best In-Progress at the car show. It's pretty cool either way.