Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

July BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well boys, its been busy and crazy around here. i'm leaving in the morning on a 3500 mile road trip, to new mexico and back, to help my brother and his family move up here. looks like we have all our crap together, so as long as i don't go crazy or something, everything should go as planned. its been stressful as hell getting the house all ready for them, which includes temporarily moving myself from the house to a little travel trailer we just bought - but just about everything is done now, and my van gets to rest for a week

Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades
well boys, its been busy and crazy around here. i'm leaving in the morning on a 3500 mile road trip, to new mexico and back, to help my brother and his family move up here. looks like we have all our crap together, so as long as i don't go crazy or something, everything should go as planned. its been stressful as hell getting the house all ready for them, which includes temporarily moving myself from the house to a little travel trailer we just bought - but just about everything is done now, and my van gets to rest for a week
Your tires wouldn't make it to New Mexico! Hehe .

That's going to be a long trip nonetheless, what are you taking?

Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
i'm taking my parents with me, and we're driving down in one of the volvos (don't ask how many we have), and the plan is to stuff that inside the big moving truck for the drive north.
the original plan was to rent a big trailer and run my van all the way down there, but apparently all trailers available for rental, disappeared.

and my tires might have made it to new mexico, the question is how many i would have to buy to make it back

Old 07-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,546 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Here is a link to my Cat Album over at Imageshack
ImageShack Album - 30 images
You should be able to see how big Bella is. The boys are more like
a normal house cat. Bella is 18 Lb of muscle. And talk about jump......

Sean
Thanks Sean,

My wife and I have cats also but ours are from Safeway LOL. Ours are both male and have been fixed, twins if there is such a thing in the cat world. I think they are in-bread but still fun to have. I don't have a lot of recent pictures but Batman weights 15 lbs and Robin weights 20 lbs.

This is most recent, they sleep in the shop at night and they have decided that the lawn mower bag was for them.

Cheers!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
They are so cute when there kittens.

I really like the background in the avatar image where was that?

Sean

Old 07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,546 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Lake Chelan

Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades
i'm taking my parents with me, and we're driving down in one of the volvos (don't ask how many we have), and the plan is to stuff that inside the big moving truck for the drive north.
the original plan was to rent a big trailer and run my van all the way down there, but apparently all trailers available for rental, disappeared.

and my tires might have made it to new mexico, the question is how many i would have to buy to make it back
That sounds like it's going to be fun.

I've got a cat named Smokey. Had a second named Jico (pronounced geeco) but he mysteriously disappeared one day. We put up a bunch of posters and stuff but never saw him.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven't been too active in here, been on a Buell forum a lot cause I bought a basket case and built it for my fiance as a wedding gift.

Back to the truck now, going to Oregon to buy a Super Camper Special so I can cut/extend the frame on it and swap my crew cab onto it. Got tired of my best man whining about trying to figure out a bachelor party since I don't drink and my morals are in refusal with strippers ect so I just told everybody this is what we're doing. haha

So after the swap I will have lots of parts that will go cheap. I may also have the longest wheelbase EVER since on a SCS truck the axle is 7" farther back than a long box.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
You don't need strippers or beer for a bachelor party. You could stop at one of the
nice beaches and have a fire pit and some good hotdogs and some pop to drink.

Just having the friends around not not the wild and craze would be a good party.

Drive safe.

Sean

Old 07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
My outlook is that if I feel the need to see other women naked, I shouldn't be getting married. I haven't had a drink in over 5 years and most of my friends are Sober too.

I think going 250 miles to buy a truck, bringing it back to cut it in half and make my 78 Crew the longest, hardest to park truck in existence should be fun.

With a skillful crew of 6 guys that have an assortment of talents including Welders, Fabricators, Drag racers, Wheelers and some guys that are on the side of being poor and great with interchange and rebuilding to guys that have the money to buy all new parts and build 600hp blown 5.0 motors it should be a very interesting ordeal.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:30 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
]

Back to the truck now, going to Oregon to buy a Super Camper Special so I can cut/extend the frame on it and swap my crew cab onto it. Got tired of my best man whining about trying to figure out a bachelor party since I don't drink and my morals are in refusal with strippers ect so I just told everybody this is what we're doing. haha

So after the swap I will have lots of parts that will go cheap. I may also have the longest wheelbase EVER since on a SCS truck the axle is 7" farther back than a long box.
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
]

I think going 250 miles to buy a truck, bringing it back to cut it in half and make my 78 Crew the longest, hardest to park truck in existence should be fun.

With a skillful crew of 6 guys that have an assortment of talents including Welders, Fabricators, Drag racers, Wheelers and some guys that are on the side of being poor and great with interchange and rebuilding to guys that have the money to buy all new parts and build 600hp blown 5.0 motors it should be a very interesting ordeal.
So am I reading that your "bachelor party" is going to be pickup up this truck and building yours? Cool.

Your going all the way to Oregon for a SCS wow, wasn't there a guy parting one in maple valley?

I'm really really curious to see how this turns out. I have thoughts in my head of moving the rear axle back on one of my crew cabs. For me it would be all about being able to bumper pull a lot of weight well. A CCLB Dually with the rear axle moved back would be a bumper pull monster.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
joewelds
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well John, congratulations. On the wedding the bike and the truck.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:29 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well today was a pretty cool day. I rebuilt a carb for the first time. The VW has been sitting for some time so I figured I would fire it up and toy around with it. Next thing I know it's throwing gasoline out the side of it and all over the intake. Ended up pulling the carb and couldn't really find any obvious signs of leakage so I found a $15 rebuild kit form Oreilly Auto Parts and rebuilt it. It was pretty cool, it made me reconsider how difficult doing the Carter on the bronco could be. Now it's running better and the idle is smoother. It also hasn't died after revving it up yet. I need new fuel lines again and the next project is to pull the gas tank and install an electric fuel pump.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Ya, the guy parting his wanted too much price wise, the one in Oregon I'm getting is running/driving/complete all it needs is a battery cause the guy is keeping his.

I'm using the 460 out of it, everything from the back of the cab back, sway bars, 4 row radiator, dual battery tray, dual fuel tanks, Dana 70, slide out rear bumper, dual shocks front and rear and then patch panels for the cab corner, door skin, windshield rail and the shoulder belts to have shoulders in the rear.

My main goals for now are to "halve" both trucks, combine them, swap motors.

Afterward I can use the extra front suspension to mock/fabricate my prerunner lift and double swinger steering setup.

And ya, it will be a bumper pull monster by the time I'm done, I have a 24ft tilt deck that I had better be able to to load down and have the truck laugh at it.

Carters (edelbrocks) are great carbs, congrats on a successful first rebuild Dylan.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks Odd, I haven't started on the Carter yet. I was doing some bondo work on the bug so for the time being the truck needs to stay running. Speaking of which, the 78 bronco is terrible for having a corroded ground wire under the alternator...

Quick Reply: July BS Thread