Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   July BS Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1252942-july-bs-thread.html)

GruesomeJeans 07-01-2013 01:11 PM

July BS Thread

Alright it's time for July to roll in. Fireworks, fingers missing, money spent on explosives, the whole 9 yards. Hopefully nobody has to visit the hospital and has a safe 4th of July.

79F150400M 07-01-2013 03:37 PM

I'm not the pyromaniac i use to be on the 4th, so its just a nice day to BBQ and drink beer. Just wish my poor dog wasnt scared of the fireworks. I have to sedate her so she can make it through the day. Hope everyone has a enjoyable day. At least it wont be a blazing hot as it is now. Can y'all imagine to problems we'd have if its this hot on the 4th? Sheesh

GruesomeJeans 07-01-2013 04:49 PM

My family at least plans to wet down the yard plenty before any fireworks. I am kind of a pyromaniac and my older step brother and I like to try destroying my little sisters old barbies. They are surprisingly resilient... We ended up strapping Ground Flowers to the head and torching holes in it.

Yahiko 07-01-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 79F150400M (Post 13302896)
I'm not the pyromaniac i use to be on the 4th, so its just a nice day to BBQ and drink beer. Just wish my poor dog wasnt scared of the fireworks. I have to sedate her so she can make it through the day. Hope everyone has a enjoyable day. At least it wont be a blazing hot as it is now. Can y'all imagine to problems we'd have if its this hot on the 4th? Sheesh

You may want to look at something called the "Thunder Jacket" There was a thing
at the vet's this last weekend when I had Tetsu in for his UTI.

Thundershirt | The Best Dog Anxiety Treatment

Sean :-drink

79F150400M 07-02-2013 11:35 AM

Looks interesting.....have a harness similar to that. I'll have to put it on her and see how she reacts to it. Thanks Sean.

joshofalltrades 07-03-2013 05:22 PM

well boys, looks like i'm working on the 4th, and leaving on a road trip this weekend, going to help my brother move up here from NM. it promises to be hot and busy

whats new with y'all

Yahiko 07-04-2013 03:07 AM

Dylan,
What is the ID of you radiator hose? The adaptor is 38mm or 1.49"
Found out why Tetsu has been so sick. He has an e.coli infection
in his bladder. They got the lab work back today and so he started
his antibiotic and he will be on it for a month.

GruesomeJeans 07-04-2013 02:57 PM

That adapter may be too small then. according to autozone these are the standard dimensions.
Hose End (1) Inside Diameter (in): 2
Hose End (1) Outside Diameter (in): 2.375
Hose End (2) Inside Diameter (in): 2
Hose End (2) Outside Diameter (in): 2.375

Yahiko 07-04-2013 03:33 PM

Well we gave it a try.
You could check on Ebay for a 2" one.
The other option is get a section of brass pipe
and have someone put a bubble flair on both the ends
so the hose will stay on with a clamp.
You may even try a radiator shop and see if they have an extension.

GruesomeJeans 07-04-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 13312182)
Well we gave it a try.
You could check on Ebay for a 2" one.
The other option is get a section of brass pipe
and have someone put a bubble flair on both the ends
so the hose will stay on with a clamp.
You may even try a radiator shop and see if they have an extension.

That's a possibility. My neighbor is a plumber so no doubt he should have some brass pipe to use. As for Flaring it I'm not so sure his tool would work. he can do a single flair on smaller metal tube for brakes or whatever, but I don't think it would work on something like that. I think before asking him though I'll look around online or at any local shops for something.

Tim Young 07-04-2013 07:48 PM

Happy 4th of July Washington truckers. It Hot and dry over here on the East side of the state. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fire free 4th.

@Sean, What breed of Cat do you have? I may have asked before but I don't remember.

I have another question for you West siders, does anyone know of or have recommendations of a wreaking yard that might have a set of factory aluminum wheels for a 2012 F350 DRW? I think anything between 2007 and 2012 will work, I'm not sure about a 2006.

I hope everyone has a good 4th of July.

Cheers! :-drink

Yahiko 07-04-2013 08:40 PM

Dylan look at the flair in the photo it the 3 one from the top
http://moparmax.com/departments/mopr...Tube-Flare.jpg

Tim the Cat is a Savannah and she is an F1 that is 65% Serval
Her father is Max. Her brother is also a Max. Jr I think
Studs

On the yard have you tried https://plus.google.com/105821451388...ut?gl=us&hl=en

I-5 Auto & Truck Parts
190 Estep Rd
Chehalis, WA 98532(360) 262-3550

Tim Young 07-04-2013 09:39 PM

Well we didn't make it through the 4th without a fire. There is a brush fire on the North shore of Lake Chelan across from 25 mile creek. That is all I know so far and the wind is blowing 15 to 20 mph.

Sean, Thanks for the info on the cats and the wreaking yard, the cats look big. I have never heard of them before.

Cheers

crash1 07-06-2013 10:10 PM

boooyaaaa i made it lol

Yahiko 07-07-2013 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tim Young (Post 13312969)
Well we didn't make it through the 4th without a fire. There is a brush fire on the North shore of Lake Chelan across from 25 mile creek. That is all I know so far and the wind is blowing 15 to 20 mph.

Sean, Thanks for the info on the cats and the wreaking yard, the cats look big. I have never heard of them before.

Cheers

Here is a link to my Cat Album over at Imageshack
http://imageshack.us/g/822/inthetrashagain.jpg/
You should be able to see how big Bella is. The boys are more like
a normal house cat. Bella is 18 Lb of muscle. And talk about jump......