Truckstock - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock

Old 08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
9teen56f100
Posting Guru
9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.9teen56f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

We will be there on Friday with our truck. Hope to see you all there.
brian...

Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 9teen56f100 View Post
We will be there on Friday with our truck. Hope to see you all there.
brian...
BEAUTIFUL truck. Can't wait to see them all in person.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Doc
Postmaster
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
By the way, Bob needs a big pat on the back when you guys get here. He called Classic Haulers a little while back and told them about our get-together. They mailed me a few coupons for free shipping, a bunch of Tootsie Rolls, and some F-1 Ford truck patches that we can use as door prizes, etc. They also sent us a big stack of their catalogs. Way to go Bob!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.teardropty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
By the way, Bob needs a big pat on the back when you guys get here. He called Classic Haulers a little while back and told them about our get-together. They mailed me a few coupons for free shipping, a bunch of Tootsie Rolls, and some F-1 Ford truck patches that we can use as door prizes, etc. They also sent us a big stack of their catalogs. Way to go Bob!
Great to hear Doc. I know I appreciate the work you AND Bob have put into this event. As for Classic Haulers, bravo! I wish more of the retailers out there were like that. When I use to do car shows a lot of retailers would donate stuff towards door prizes or raffles but sometimes it was like pulling teeth. I look at it this way: Without nuts like us restoring our trucks, companies like Classic Haulers, Mid-50, DC and Macs wouldn't be in business. As a small business owner myself, we get hit up for a lot of donations. I am ALWAYS happy to lend a hand to those groups, gatherings and events that are related to my business. I hope other companies chip in but then of course we must make sure the event doesn't get run over my companies. Also, don't forgot some of us will be driving newer (53-56 F100 F250 F350). We can't all be F1s and F2s. lol

Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Doc, I would really like to do more to help. This and the flyer are miniscule compared to what you're doing. This is going to be one heck of an event. The only problem I have with it Doc is you're making it really hard to follow up and continue Truckstock in the years to come.

Originally Posted by teardropty View Post
Great to hear Doc. I know I appreciate the work you AND Bob have put into this event. As for Classic Haulers, bravo! I wish more of the retailers out there were like that. When I use to do car shows a lot of retailers would donate stuff towards door prizes or raffles but sometimes it was like pulling teeth. I look at it this way: Without nuts like us restoring our trucks, companies like Classic Haulers, Mid-50, DC and Macs wouldn't be in business. As a small business owner myself, we get hit up for a lot of donations. I am ALWAYS happy to lend a hand to those groups, gatherings and events that are related to my business. I hope other companies chip in but then of course we must make sure the event doesn't get run over my companies. Also, don't forgot some of us will be driving newer (53-56 F100 F250 F350). We can't all be F1s and F2s. lol
Thanks, and I apologize, I wasn't thinking. I have never bought anything from Mid-Fifties, Classic Haulers' partner company so I didn't think of asking them. I'll throw them and email and mention Classic Haulers is helping out, I'll try to make them feel guilty.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Doc
Postmaster
I confirmed the Bluegrass picker for Saturday night earlier today. He's going to bring his young protege as well. The kid is very good too.

I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea. I'm just trying to get my place straightened up, the house and shop in proper order, and planning the food and entertainment more than anything. My biggest upcoming obstacle will be cutting and baling my hay before September 14th. If this rain doesn't let up, you might have to deal with some tall grass in places. I've decided that the "door prizes" are gonna be 4 foot round hay bales. They'll fit perfectly in the bed of your truck, plus you'll have something to "snack" on while you travel back home.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
They mailed me a few coupons for free shipping, a bunch of Tootsie Rolls, and some F-1 Ford truck patches that we can use as door prizes, etc.
We like Tootsie Rolls

Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
My biggest upcoming obstacle will be cutting and baling my hay before September 14th. If this rain doesn't let up, you might have to deal with some tall grass in places. I've decided that the "door prizes" are gonna be 4 foot round hay bales. They'll fit perfectly in the bed of your truck, plus you'll have something to "snack" on while you travel back home.
Oh great, I can't let my wife or oldest son see this post. Charlie would be beating me down there with the JD with the baler behind and my wife would right along side him to help you bale it. If I tell her the door prize is going to be a bale of hey or two I'd have to find a way to strap it onto the back of the F-2. Just keep this between you, me and the others.

All you need is a couple of baby animals and she'll feel right at home. She's already worrying who's going to take care of her "babies" while we're gone. Doc, I'm telling you, you need a couple of buckets of manure for her to soak her feet in.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
DR Smith
Posting Guru
DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a great reputation on FTE.
sneaky

So now it comes out,First you offer to have a get together.Now we find out your hay is not done.Are you going to make us help with the hay, When we got rid of our horses,I said I would never do hay again.But if you need the help!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:13 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by DR Smith View Post
So now it comes out,First you offer to have a get together.Now we find out your hay is not done.Are you going to make us help with the hay, When we got rid of our horses,I said I would never do hay again.But if you need the help!
Wait until you see the 30 5 gallon buckets of white paint and the 500 feet of peeling white fence surrounding his pasture.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
I've decided that the "door prizes" are gonna be 4 foot round hay bales. They'll fit perfectly in the bed of your truck, plus you'll have something to "snack" on while you travel back home.
Those are like gold here in Missouri. We didn't get a second cutting this year and farmers are already feeding their cattle hay. Shoot, I haven't mowed my lawn for 2 months....

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
AHH!! The Old "white wash the Fence trick. Like Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn thing. Damn I hope my ship ports and dumps soon. I really want to be there. 3 or 4 weeks and I got like 25K. Dumped into my account. I guess if I miss the GTG I can stop by and say hi. If that is okay. But after the GTG ya prolly wont want to see anyone for a while. If I do make it is my 62 Uni welcome? Or do need to trade it to Moe for his 56?

Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Doc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by arctic y block View Post
AHH!! The Old "white wash the Fence trick. Like Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn thing. Damn I hope my ship ports and dumps soon. I really want to be there. 3 or 4 weeks and I got like 25K. Dumped into my account. I guess if I miss the GTG I can stop by and say hi. If that is okay. But after the GTG ya prolly wont want to see anyone for a while. If I do make it is my 62 Uni welcome? Or do need to trade it to Moe for his 56?
Sure man, you're welcome. You've been here longer than I have. And bring the Uni. If you're serious about coming, send me a PM or email with your personal email address, and I'll get you added to the email group.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by teardropty View Post
Also, don't forgot some of us will be driving newer (53-56 F100 F250 F350). We can't all be F1s and F2s.
OK, OK, I realized some of you can't be lucky enough to own and drive a real classic so I asked the nice people at Mid-Fifties and Karen is going to send some '53-56 goodies for the guys with the newer trucks.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM
52 Ford F1
Senior User
52 Ford F1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
Wait until you see the 30 5 gallon buckets of white paint and the 500 feet of peeling white fence surrounding his pasture.
That is a lot of paint for 500 feet.... Make sure it is lead based, I think that is the only way to go!

I would be interested in bringing my truck if some people attending can give me some good pointers for paint prep and paint. It would take a few hundred bucks to get it down there... and I do not want to hog the garage or put people to work all weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truckstock

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.