1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Everything is cruising along. I got my Ranger fixed last night after waiting on the clutch puller. We'll have a dumpster for trash as well.

I'm gonna start calling out the handful of local guys who are being quiet and not coming.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Anybody want to drive a 56 home?

Anybody want to drive a 56 home? This truck popped up on craigslist here recently. About 9 miles from my house I think. I've never laid eyes on this truck until my friend showed me the ad a few minutes ago.

1956 Ford F100

Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would bet that's a "Bondo Queen"

Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
It would be a great field trip for everyone. If I were going, I would have some of you guys take me over and walk me through how to best look over a truck before buying.

What is up with that paint?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
I'd say y-block is right. Probably has its share of body filler. Can you imagine that guy's face if 8 or 10 of our trucks suddenly pulled in his driveway from all over the country. He'd probably raise the price even more.

Edit: OR I could approach him and say "I've got this really serious potential buyer who has driven all the way from Illinois, etc. to look at your truck. What kind of commission will you give me?" Then when that guy left, I could go back and say "The next guy is from Wisconsin...". LOL

Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
It would be a great field trip for everyone. If I were going, I would have some of you guys take me over and walk me through how to best look over a truck before buying.
What is up with that paint?
We have a solution. Yeah, I am an enabler. Fly into Knoxville, visit with your brother, ride to Truckstock with me and drive subject 56 home. I'll be going right by the airport, by where your brother lives and where he works.

Usually a paint job like that is covering up a lot of sins.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by raytasch
We have a solution. Yeah, I am an enabler. Fly into Knoxville, visit with your brother, ride to Truckstock with me and drive subject 56 home. I'll be going right by the airport, by where your brother lives and where he works.

Usually a paint job like that is covering up a lot of sins.
You are an evil man. You had me looking at flights. (Around $400 by the way)
I think if I was going to put down money like that, it would be to get my truck up and running...maybe this weekend I will get a chance to tear apart the carb and clean it up. Gotta be some blockage in it....

Although it would be nice to have a truck I can drive right away.
But than again, my wife is having stints put in her pancreatic ducts on the 19th, so she probably wouldn't appreciate me being gone just before that.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Although it would be nice to have a truck I can drive right away.
But than again, my wife is having stints put in her pancreatic ducts on the 19th, so she probably wouldn't appreciate me being gone just before that.
Best of luck to your wife. Some things are more important than even Truckstock.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by raytasch
Best of luck to your wife. Some things are more important than even Truckstock.
Agreed. Hope everything works out.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:11 PM
53 tonner
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Making the trip has crossed my mind many times since the generous offer by Doc to host this great event. I knew my truck wouldn't be ready to go, but my wife and I do quite a bit of traveling, almost always driving. We were in the area on one of our last trips and had a great time. I think my wife has been expecting to hear that we are headed to Kentucky, but it's not going to happen. It just isn't in the cards at this time. I will be kicking myself in the butt for not going and jealous of those that are able to attend. Thanks Doc for the opportunity.

Grant

Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I sure wish I was 4000 miles closer and my truck was ready to go, I would love to go on an adventure like trucksock, visiting and shootin' the breeze with like mined fellows.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Mervy49
I sure wish I was 4000 miles closer and my truck was ready to go, I would love to go on an adventure like trucksock, visiting and shootin' the breeze with like mined fellows.
I'm with you... ditto, ditto and ditto!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
I wish you guys could be here too. I just hope everybody has a good time when they get here.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Last call guys!

Today is the deadline I set for "registration" for the get-together. Is there anybody else out there who is truly interested? Contact me here via PM or email and I'll answer any questions you may have, or we can talk on the phone if that would be better.

For all of you guys from the West, it wouldn't be too crazy of an idea to hop a plane to the Tri-Cities (TN), Knoxville, or Lexington airport if you want.

I know that there's been a lot of talk about maybe attending the meet next year, etc. I'd love to have it again next year, or maybe somebody else might want to have it at their place. BUT that's a long time away, and who knows what might happen. My point is this might be your only shot to meet a bunch of your fellow FTE'ers on this forum. Think about it....

Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Shane,
You have done so much to make this happen I would hope anyone who could make it will. Sharon and I are really looking forward to spending the weekend down there. I talked to Garry (homade) last week and he sounded pretty stoked about going too. Can't thank you and your family enough for putting this together.
brian...

Quick Reply: Truckstock