6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Android Torque App

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:57 PM
polaris_5256
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I have the torque app myself and absolutely love it, I am tracking boost, ficm, ect, eot, tranny temp, VGT, and current gear.

With this thread I was able to get my tranny fluid temp working and my eot working. I cannot get current gear to work however it always comes up 0, also what does the VGT mean its around 60-70s idling and high boost is low 30s.

I was also wondering what else i should be tracking on my 6.0, my truck is only stock for now with the exception of an egr delete but it is fun to play around with this app.

Thanks, Mike

Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 PM
polaris_5256
New User
Bump, anyone else use the torque app and is able to answer my questions about the app, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
ICP, IPR, Volts, the other 2 FICMs.

Not sure why your gear isn't reading correctly, assuming you have an auto.

I also have the misfires on a couple screens, but haven't had a need for them.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
polaris_5256
New User
Yes i have an auto, and does the obd header need to be tcm?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Will Bite
Elder User
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Originally Posted by Will Bite
Yes, TCM needs to be in there. ^^^^^^

Great picture for him.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
polaris_5256
New User
thanks million guys, works great now i love it

thanks, mike

Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 412 Likes on 273 Posts
I'm also pretty new to actually getting !data! that can help point me to what needs attention. So loads of props to: amdriven2liv as I think he's helped both the developer and us that use (and buy) the Torque app...

Several issues I thought were from the BT OBDII unit I bought turned out to be solved with calc or header data that has been mentioned in this thread.

I set up a sloppy real-time screen and it's raised some Qs from me:

There are 3 PIDs that I think are related to the FICM: FLP, FVP and FMP. I watched carefully on start-up and only the FMP shows the voltage that we want out of the FICM -- mine ranged from a low of 47 to 48.5 and most of the time was 48V.

The other two: FLP and FVP read at a low of 13V to 14V and usually were around 13.5 -- is this right or do I need to change the calc so it's relative to the 48V range? I'm clueless....

It was nice to see my ECT and EOT never got farther apart than 10 deg.

So how do you change a realtime screen once you've placed a new gauge on it you don't want? Is there a way to move the gauges around or re-size them once you set-up a display? I've started from scratch several times now...

This is cool stuff, but dang my droid razr was HOT after a 45 minute run... Maybe I'll look for a dedicated droid device...

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have...

Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

First, you can change each gauge any time, just click on it, and the menu will pop up. You can delete, change size or change the type of gauge. Also, at least on my phone, you should be able to drag a gauge from one "page" to another. I don't know how many times I have changed gauges and screens! But, I have them the way I want them now.

As for FICM readings. Your readings are correct!!

FICM Vehicle Power FVP (Volts) (Should be 12 Volts, should not drop below 10.25 for more than 60 seconds, or 9.0 for 4 seconds. TSB 09-24-03)

From what I read in the TSB, this low volts in FVP should throw a code P1378, with the new flash that came out in the TSB above.

FICM Logic Power FLP (Volts) (Should be 12 volts)

And I think, not for sure, both of these can give us a heads up that there is an issue developing in the battery system.

And, as for helping the developer, nah, I just posted questions to him. Ian has done the most. There is also a guy on some of the forums, Jester something. He put together a lot of the codes specific to our trucks.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
THANKS!!

I read a post, maybe it was yours (I've been reading sooo many on Torque or just data we can get off the CAN BUS) That I can get the strategy version for both the FICM and ECU? (sorry, whatever the heck the main control computer is called).

and..... once I find those I can figure out if I have the "FICM Killer" flash in... which one? Is there somewhere we can decipher what our flash level includes??

Data, as I've learned, can be a good or bad thing... There is a reason someone was quoted: "ignorance is bliss"

Old 03-23-2013, 05:06 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Originally Posted by diesel_dan
THANKS!!

I read a post, maybe it was yours (I've been reading sooo many on Torque or just data we can get off the CAN BUS) That I can get the strategy version for both the FICM and ECU? (sorry, whatever the heck the main control computer is called).

and..... once I find those I can figure out if I have the "FICM Killer" flash in... which one? Is there somewhere we can decipher what our flash level includes??

Data, as I've learned, can be a good or bad thing... There is a reason someone was quoted: "ignorance is bliss"
Funny thing these monitors. Once you get them all set up, you tend to forget where things are!!! (age might have something to do with that!! )

When you are hooked up and running,(meaning synced with the truck, not necessarily motor running) go to the main screen, click on the "OBD2 Adapter Status icon."

Scroll down to the calibration ID. There is where you will find that info.

It will not show the TCM calibration. Just ECM/PCM and FICM.

It might show your vin number in there also. Mine does not.

Best place I have found for help with calibrations is on PHP website and doing a search here in the forums.

And, 'ignorance is bliss' is for those with a great warranty!!!

Have a good weekend!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv

It might show your vin number in there also. Mine does not.

Best place I have found for help with calibrations is on PHP website and doing a search here in the forums.
Mine does show the VIN info...

I finally did get the phone to throw up the menu on each gauge so I could move them around, so thanks for that... It requires me to tap once hard and hold in place on the gauge icon right in the dead center of it. So there's a tip for other Razr owners...

What is the PHP website? Is that the developer's user forums?

Thanks again for your help!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power Hungry Performance

Old 03-23-2013, 02:41 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am using the Torque app on my HTC Thunderbolt currently and will end up using it as my dedicated gauge readout in the truck once I get a new phone. Currently I am monitoring:

Screen 1:

Engine coolant temp
Engine oil temp
Transmission fluid temp
Battery voltage
FICM main power
HPO system PSI

Screen 2:

Boost
Current gear
Fan RPM
Engine load
IPR load %
VGT %

Is there anything else that's actually important to be monitoring? I'm honestly trying to get it all down to just two screens as I feel that some people may be "over" monitoring certain things. I will be reading EGT and low pressure fuel on gauges mounted to the A-pillar since there's no provision for those.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:21 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Power Hungry Performance
There you are! Thot maybe you were on vacation...

I'll go look at Power Hungry Performance then...

Cody: I'm watching the other two FICM voltages too, and on the main page. I noticed them drop when I stood on it going up a grade, so they do vary from battery voltage which read 13.8V at the time...

Quick Reply: Android Torque App