67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Thursday!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
jacks61ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now it's in the garage getting a crown Vic swap and a 450 hp 5.0 but nice to another fte member in this wonderful valley lol

Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Mornin' all!

I "humped" it all the way down to San Diego and back yesterday for another oral board. Hopefully this one goes well. We're going back to SD on Sat/Sun for another testing session for me and to shoot the infamous "Flower Fields" in Carlsbad on Sunday. We're doing a class there by Canon, so it should be fun and we should get some great pics out of it. My wife will be thrilled.

So, I hope everyone has a grand weekend! I have to go outside and pick weeds now, so we don't get a "weed letter" (yes, they do exist) from the HOA here. Even though we are renting, we have to keep up on it. LOL

Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Got little Marlie home with us. {it is snowing.} Seems to be working out so far. She is calm and collected for a tiny girl dog.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Exclamation Careful

Don't let Marlie out in the snow, you might have to dig her out of a drift. How old is she? I hope they get along that would be some funny entertainment !!! ENJOY THEM !!! Dave

Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Thanks Dave, she was good with the snow and it appears that Romeo is going to be good to her.
She is still adjusting to this life change. She is six years old, no puppy! Very easy to deal with.
Only little things like what amount of food she should have, she wants more and more but does not seem to want water. Fun first day anyhow.

Good night all.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Good Friday Morning everyone, hope you have a warm sunny day, I will....

Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Friday the 13th!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Morning truck peeps! Esp Gigger and Pat, our reliable visitors!

I have snow this morning, don't ask me why?

This is amazing. Friday the 13th came on Friday the 13th!

Marlie is pretty quiet. I guess she could be homesick? Still nice and friendly.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Arrow Friday 13TH is here ...SO WHAT !!!

Good Friday 13TH here in the FTE world !!! Not that I give any value to this day but I installed my "NEW AIMING DEVICE" (tilt column) to replace my old broken one. It was really sloppy for about 2yrs., but finally slumped to the lowest setting last July in Chicago !!! I didn't wast to do any "mechanical" work today, so it had to be done Thursday or Saturday ... and the weather report favored Thursday. I think Bruce sent some of his weather down here 59* highs 40* lows with a 40 to 90% chance of drool/rain ... good time to watch a movie or two. (Thanks Bruce)
Hope Y'all have a great day in-spite of the 13TH be safe !!! Dave

Gigger, it is nice to be able to tilt that wheel again... now to remember how to use it... re-training !!!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Dave, I didn't send MY weather down there. I've still got it here, snowing all over the place!

Don't walk under any ladders gang!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Wow, at this rate you guys will be skiing on the 4TH of July... Haven't heard a peep out of the Ca folks,the usually warn us, but I know it's raining in So-Cal. How much snow has fallen from this storm ? Dave

Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Afternoon Nevada!

I'm posting from RAINY SoCal and saying hello!...I'll be spending the weekend out here...

Raining in SoCal means SNOW in the mountains!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday the 13th!

Have a good one!!!

Joe.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Hey, let the rain get out of the CA system today and tomorrow. We are supposed to shoot pictures of the Flower Fields in Carlsbad on Sunday. Definitely don't need it raining for that! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great day today.

Last year I replaced the rope seals on my side rear windows because they were both leaking like a sieve on my 03 F-150. Well, after driving in the rain lately, I think my rear window is leaking now. So, I think I'm going to have to buy some more rope seal and remove the rear window and do that one too. It's no where near as bad as the side windows were, but it's still dripping down onto the rear seat after a little while in the rain. Good thing is that it doesn't rain much here, but I've been driving down to San Diego a lot when it has been raining and that's when I see it happening. Plus, you can feel the moisture in the cab of the truck. Definitely not cool when we actually move down there. LOL

So, I'll probably have to look up my manual again (it's packed away in a box somewhere in the garage) on how to take it all apart. I did that the first time when doing the side windows because I thought it was the rear one leaking, so I took everything apart (headliner, etc) to take the rear window out, but when I tested it and ran water over the top of the cab, I found out the side windows were leaking instead. Fixed them and never did touch the rear window. Now I guess I should have just done the rear window anyway at the time. Poop.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by oldmongo
Wow, at this rate you guys will be skiing on the 4TH of July... Haven't heard a peep out of the Ca folks,the usually warn us, but I know it's raining in So-Cal. How much snow has fallen from this storm ? Dave
It's hard to tell how much snow. Most days have been marginally cold, so it melts right away. If it were colder I'd guess we would have several feet anyway. Last night it snowed enough that the plows came around and did the streets. And it is still coming down right now. It is building up on the roofs, several inches.

Quick Reply: Nevada April BS Thread