6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Well........it happened.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
You have me concerned. When you hook up a trailer with the 7-pin the backup alarm is automatically silenced. The camera view is there but no alarm should be bugging you.

If the trailer is not hooked up, when you go into reverse with the tailgate down it is alarming and on your LCD screen it should show the on/off for the reverse alarm system. A quick down and OK and things get quiet.
Talk about spatial disorientation!!!! The back up camera with the tailgate down. Looking under your truck with the ground moving and not realy sure which way? Backing up with 60 bales of hay, no backup assist, no camera, no rear window and hay hanging out the side so not much side mirrors. I live with 2 people in a split level head, They like both of me and I like both of them!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
10,000 kM, really, you mean for the year right? Or did you just buy that thing to look perdy?? Man!! I feel bad for not driving mine enough, you should feel downright terrible
Well I've only owned the truck for 7 months so far, you've had yours for a bit longer. I do want to keep it somewhat purdy lookin'... Also, I like to believe that I have a warranty associated with it so I can keep the kms down and go by the years instead. Yeah, I'm still in that phase for now. I thought the 6.0L days are over where the turbo clogs up because you didn't drive it hard enough.

I have my old 1995 flatbed dually for the potentially vehicle-damaging stupid stuff, as well as trailers. Warranty long gone, and it's probably worth less than the $400 I paid for it.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TRENT310
Well I've only owned the truck for 7 months so far, you've had yours for a bit longer. I do want to keep it somewhat purdy lookin'... Also, I like to believe that I have a warranty associated with it so I can keep the kms down and go by the years instead. Yeah, I'm still in that phase for now. I thought the 6.0L days are over where the turbo clogs up because you didn't drive it hard enough.

I have my old 1995 flatbed dually for the potentially vehicle-damaging stupid stuff, as well as trailers. Warranty long gone, and it's probably worth less than the $400 I paid for it.
LOL, I was just kiddin' buddy. I thought you had your truck since mid 2010. Time flys when you are HAVING FUN!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

OH YA corntruckdriver, NICE!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:50 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, the trip back was equally pleasing....probably had to do with getting home to my bed and no more motel bed.

Hand calculated the return trip mileage because the truck was showing 19.2. Checked it against my hand calculations and by hand, I got 18.9. So it was off just a tad but still pretty darn good.

On another note, I learned that leaving the truck parked for more than a day gives the local birds a prime opportunity to start trying to nest under the hood. I was cleaning up around the yard Monday evening and saw some grass and twigs sticking out behind the front left wheel around the frame. Those stupid birds had been busy because they had built a condo in there. I hate birds.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn birds should chip in a few payments for that!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM
B HOOFED
Junior User
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
On another note, I learned that leaving the truck parked for more than a day gives the local birds a prime opportunity to start trying to nest under the hood. I was cleaning up around the yard Monday evening and saw some grass and twigs sticking out behind the front left wheel around the frame. Those stupid birds had been busy because they had built a condo in there. I hate birds.
If you think that's bad, last fall I had a chipmunk move in to my car, sitting in the driveway at home over the weekend. There was one nest in the glove box, made from the owners manual and other paperwork. I found a second nest on top of the engine under the plastic cover that is on top of the fuel injection lines (it was a VW TDI), made from the firewall sound insulation. Thankfully the 'monks haven't figured out how to get into the truck yet.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Michael53
Senior User
Birds? I can top that

About 3 years ago I took my F150 to a hunt cabin just outside Cuba Missouri. Two days after I was back home I heard a clunk when I turned on the A/C fan then a clicking. A few days later got a bad smell and ended having to tear into the dash.

Turns out a field mouse had decided to do a bit if investigating of my truck and got caught in the blower fan.

Now that was fun.

Traded the truck in Jan 3rd on my F250. Hoping to keep it away from field mice. I really hate mice...

Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Boston Mike
Junior User
Just crossed 1k miles in my new 2012 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat. Loads of fun. SIck of the "cleaning exhaust filter" message coming on when I pull in my driveway, but other than that, loving it. She's at the dealer getting the spray in Vortex lining right now (delayed it as I was in the midst of moving into my new house and figured why ding the lining when I can ding under neath and cover it up. :grin:

Now, you want to talk about changing throttle responses...............I alternate between this and my 08 Shelby vert. I downright scare myself now if I forget I'm in the Shelby.

LOL

Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM
429martin
Senior User
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Well another roadtrip.

The wife and I had to make a trip to Ohio for one of her classes and I'm just going to kick back and chill.

Anyhow, I reset the trip data on the Trip A screen when I fueled up before we left town today. The first pic is when we hit the lot at the motel tonight. The second pic is the Average MPG that goes back three tanks of fuel which includes driving on interstate and in town multiple times. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

On the top pic and for this trip, the speed averaged around 67 MPH. I'm thinking between 65 and 70 is going to be the sweetspot. If I start staying around 75, I start seeing a drop off in MPGs. I'll do the hand-calculation when we fuel up before we head back.

Lovin' this truck!

WOW! I didn't think a truck with this much power would give such good gas milage. I guess since I have the dually, long bed I should expect a drop in mpg. Thanks for the pictures.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
You have me concerned. When you hook up a trailer with the 7-pin the backup alarm is automatically silenced. The camera view is there but no alarm should be bugging you.

If the trailer is not hooked up, when you go into reverse with the tailgate down it is alarming and on your LCD screen it should show the on/off for the reverse alarm system. A quick down and OK and things get quiet.
Yep, verified the backup alarm is silenced ONCE hooked up,
but my hookup drill is to use the camera to get close,
then stop to drop the tailgate,
then backup to hook up and until I get hooked up it's screaming at me with no indication to shad-up

like I said - gotta bring it in to check it out...

but if that's the extent of my problems, I'm good !!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Well......it happened, just when the snow was pretty much gone, we get a huge dump last night. Great April fools by mother nature .

Good thing is I got to pull 2 poeple out of the ditch today. Took this pic when I got back from the first one. This truck pulls cars out of the ditch so easily it is almost scary.

LOVE IT!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We had 6-8" of blowing and drifting sunshine today!

It was a nice day to clean a little mud off the 4-wheeler.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
We had 6-8" of blowing and drifting sunshine today!

It was a nice day to clean a little mud off the 4-wheeler.
What is that green stuff you are standing on? Does it hurt your feet?? Looks really strange!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was going to ask you what's that white stuff, we had almost none this year. That green stuff has been mowed 3 time already, just ask my wife.

Quick Reply: Well........it happened.