Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

JANUARY early thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Well if you agree then it sounds like it for the best there Ches, hang in there. Now its back to rebuilding a carb at the dinner table.

Does she have any cute friends, I mean since you and her are now "friends", her friends are available to ask out, right?

There is always some kinda gold at the end of the tunnel.....lol

Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good Monday Morning FTE MO Gang

Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Well if you agree then it sounds like it for the best there Ches, hang in there. Now its back to rebuilding a carb at the dinner table.

Does she have any cute friends, I mean since you and her are now "friends", her friends are available to ask out, right?

There is always some kinda gold at the end of the tunnel.....lol
Sisters is were its at! LOL

Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by larryb346
Alan

The 97 I am driving now was wrecked in 98 and sat behind my shop until last year and hadn't been started since the wreck.
I had to replace the frame and when I got it back together I had to replace 5 injectors and the fuel pump and it started right up. Didn't even have a brake problem after sitting all those years. I have driven it about 3000 miles and had to replace one caliper and that's been the only issue. Hard to believe but they "sleep" pretty well and are unbelievable easy to get going again.
Good luck
Larry
I had an '02 Mustang that sat for 6 months with a blown engine and it was a bloody nightmare to get running again. The computer got stupid, the injectors and fuel pump were bad, just a mess. That's what I get for being a rockstar. Other people get their digits in there and tear things apart. When it comes time to actually get it drivable, they call me for help.

This truck wasn't so bad. I only had four injector seals that shrunk which sprayed fuel everywhere. With a friend of mine watching, I dug in my toolbox and got four seals out and had them swapped out in a couple minutes. He asked, "Have you worked on these before?" "Nah, ...ya' think?!"

Well everyone, I guess I'm out to brave the cold and see if I can get this to run any better. The trip to the gas station yesterday was encouraging. I hope I can iron out the bugs and make it right.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:22 AM
larryb346
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Alan
I rebuild totals from insurance salvage and some of my stuff sits for 2 years or more before all claims are settled and some a couple of years after I buy them before I fix them. 99% of the time I just fix them install a battery and hit the key and they fire right up like was driven yesterday. That 97 pickup I am driving sat for 11 years, my grand marquis about 8 and I have a eclipse here that has been here since 02 and had it started last year and moved it around into another stall. I just have been lucky I guess.
Good luck with the truck and yell if I can help. I have repaired maybe 20 of that body style ford pickup, but it's been several years since I fixed one other than changing the frame under my 97.
Larry

Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Well, maybe if someone leaves them alone you'd be ok. As I said, I usually get the ones someone's kid tried to "fix", so first I have to straighten out what they messed up, then I can find the original problem.

I just did that on a fuel injected '86 Bronco. The kid marked a distributor in the parts truck, then removed it from the engine. Then he took it over to the Bronco and dropped the distributor in so his marks lined up again. (yes, you read that right) If both engines were shut off so that the crankshafts were in the same position, his theory would be just fine. However, they were not. The distributor was off by about 90-100 degrees.

I'm pretty sure the Mustang was the same way. Too many cooks in the kitchen, as it were. I think a "simple" rebuild would be nice if I didn't have Joe-Schmo in there fouling things up.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Jo-smo ='s money, yes and a free headache but still $$. Look at it as HOUSE money, that makes things a little easier to swallow?

Or better HOUSE with YOUR OWN SHOP BLDG, feel better now?

Maybe you could go back to the "set on a car I just painted" place? That's gotta cheer you up?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning gentlemen...coffee's on if anyone is interested. Now that we're finally past the holidays, maybe things will start to return to normal...maybe even improve (not holding my breath on that one).
Originally Posted by pintoches
Well looks like I'm starting to new year off single, Girl friend and I think we will be better friends?
I hate to hear this, but maybe it's actually for the better.
Originally Posted by pintoches
Sisters is were its at! LOL
Now your thinking on the right track!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
well i guess i can forget about padding the bank account today..i feel like crap..so i guess maybe tomorrow will be better.. i need to get to town first anyway and get my portable bottles filled so i can cut a bumper offa a 53 olds..then try to find boxes to put a 60 chevy grille,51 buick bumper and that 53 olds bumper in and get em sent off.. maybe by then i will think more of stripping a few odd parts off that dent before running it thru the crusher i could use some to complete the xlt set for the 73 swb i had advertized on here anyway...

Old 01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Howdy Misery. Made it to Indiana safe & sound Sat. night. Waiting for the Ind. leader to approve my request to join. Got an answer from him asking me to let him know when I actually arrived in state. No infernalnet yet, using a friends computer. Hope to have it where I'm staying sometime this week. Been nice knowing all y'all, will still drop in once in a while to say howdy. Y'all good folks (even our [sorry, [YOUR] very technically oriented fearless leader). Will try to post a couple pictures of the load Old Rusty pulled here. 1st fill-up 125 miles, 10.67 gals. Second 100 more miles, 9.4? 9.5? gals. Haven't checked since getting here & running around. Just filled up, need to find the other ticket. Memory says about 135 miles, 13.something gals. part of that is just running around here.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
glad to hear you made it...i hope you drop by from time to time to check on us poor ole missouri boys

Old 01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Hey Pat, did you get your pig tales yet?

Rich, I'm not really complaining. While the actual job is going on, I hate my life, but after I get an abortion like this to run like a new one, I'm proud of my efforts and ready for the next disaster.

I don't see a place for a head temp sensor to mount in the engine unless it's like a knock sensor and just threads in to a bolt hole. There's no plug or boss over a water jacket. I found a huge piece of the puzzle though. The kid cracked a vacuum port on the intake and it was the port that fed vacuum to the EGR, MAP, EVAP system and something else I can't think of off hand. Anyway, not only was there a huge vacuum leak, but four pretty important sensors weren't working properly because of it. It still runs rough at idle, but as soon as you pick it up off of idle, it runs great. Plenty of power and it doesn't stall. One of the coil packs has a broken connector on it, but it seemed to be working. Also one of the plug wires was split, so I'll tune it up and replace the coil pack and go from there.

The kid obviously wasn't very careful with what he was doing. I think now it's just a matter of trying to figure out everything that he broke so I can get it running better.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:12 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Glad to hear you and ol rusty made it, and yes keep in touch with us. I am sure you are still considered "one of the boys" by all, even though you had to leave us.

Wish is was under better circumstances, like you won the Indiana lottery and had to move there to receive the money, hang in there with it all.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

I get to go to work for a few hours this afternoon. Woot.

Kinda...

Old 01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by whiskey runner
glad to hear you made it...i hope you drop by from time to time to check on us poor ole missouri boys
Originally Posted by earthquake68
Hey Pat, did you get your pig tales yet?

Rich, I'm not really complaining. While the actual job is going on, I hate my life, but after I get an abortion like this to run like a new one, I'm proud of my efforts and ready for the next disaster.

I don't see a place for a head temp sensor to mount in the engine unless it's like a knock sensor and just threads in to a bolt hole. There's no plug or boss over a water jacket. I found a huge piece of the puzzle though. The kid cracked a vacuum port on the intake and it was the port that fed vacuum to the EGR, MAP, EVAP system and something else I can't think of off hand. Anyway, not only was there a huge vacuum leak, but four pretty important sensors weren't working properly because of it. It still runs rough at idle, but as soon as you pick it up off of idle, it runs great. Plenty of power and it doesn't stall. One of the coil packs has a broken connector on it, but it seemed to be working. Also one of the plug wires was split, so I'll tune it up and replace the coil pack and go from there.

The kid obviously wasn't very careful with what he was doing. I think now it's just a matter of trying to figure out everything that he broke so I can get it running better.
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Glad to hear you and ol rusty made it, and yes keep in touch with us. I am sure you are still considered "one of the boys" by all, even though you had to leave us.

Wish is was under better circumstances, like you won the Indiana lottery and had to move there to receive the money, hang in there with it all.
Thanks all. Alan, no piggy tails - YET, Haven't checked today's mail (not even sure where the mailbox is). Will be looking for them. Now to find some place civilized to try to get that done. Snew here last night (hey if blow is blew & know is knew, why isn't snow snew?), not much, more than Misery had seen this winter before I left. Not enough to plow, enough to stick to/cover the road. Check on y'all later. Stay dry & warm.

Quick Reply: JANUARY early thread!