N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

June open chat thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:56 PM
lucky_strike
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello every one. wanted to stop by and say hi, my labtop is down and still waiting to get a new one.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi all!

Lastnight was a blast at ThunderBowl Speedway! My kids placed in the age group/class & are looking forward to next month. Karl placed 1st & Kaedon placed 3rd!

Today we went to Top Gun Raceway in Fallon for the Lucas Oil Top Eliminator Drags.

I got pics of both events, but still don't know how to post a picture into this msg. I clicked on the insert image icon & it says to enter the URL of the picture? Obviously I'm not very computer literate or I would've posted pictures by now. LOL! Sorry.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
I liked the first answer, of course...
I used to call in on those radio and tv station contests but never won so I quit bothering with it. Glad to see that people really do win and these call-in contests aren't just a hoax. Awesome that you were the big winner! Congrats!
Thanks Tim!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did pretty much NOTHING today. After I got done playing my geeeetar at the church, I came home and had the house to myself. It was great. Sipped beers and played my geeeetar on the deck under the pines. The freakin birds were harmonizing with me. Nice and quiet afternoon, in my little town. Just what I needed.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by lucky_strike
hello every one. wanted to stop by and say hi, my labtop is down and still waiting to get a new one.
New corn-pooder eh? What model are you getting? I broke down and went with Mac, back when I got tired of my PC. A little spendy, but I like it. The new PCs are nice though. It seems they have come a long way since back when I got fed up with mine. I think they are mostly all good now.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good Morning All! ...Monday getup

Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Started a new job over the weekend, just got home at about 2:00 this morning. Some friends of mine have a security and event staffing company, they were contracted to work the Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa this past weekend and needed all the help they could get with staffing, so I bit. Quite an experience. Very long days, (I worked 26 hours out of 48) and lots of people. Never seen so many hippies in place at one time before. Never been cussed at so much either. Being "The Man" in a position of authority makes you an instant target, especially when you have to stop them from doing whatever they want to do.

I was made a supervisor right off the bat, as an assistant to one of my friends who's a regular with the company and for this event was in charge of checking people's credentials and making sure they belonged in the area they were in. We had lots of people trying to sneak into the event, even going so far as to cut holes in fences, make themselves fake passes, steal valid passes, try to tape discarded wristbands on and more. They get very creative.

All in all, a very strange weekend. I think I'll be working other events for them in the future, as long as they don't conflict with my band's performance schedule (like the Northern Calif. Pirate Festival this coming weekend) and 4-wheeling trips I really want to do.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Sounds like a hoot. So how does it feel to be "The Man", "The Heat", "The Establishment" "Pig"?
You, of all people...

Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a great Monday.
Ok, I changed my pics so you can see a lil' of both events.
My son & daughter racing quads at ThunderBowl in my avatar & one of the dragster races at Topgun in my siggy.
Have a great night!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got back from a quick trip to visit my parents in Montana. It was my mom's 75th and we wanted to be there. My brother, his wife and a daughter were there as well. It was great to have all of us there. One of the great moments was everybody taking turns driving my dad's nearly restored John Deere Model H tractor around. Gotta love low speed torque.

It was good to see my mom. Her health isn't the best so I appreciated the time with her. She is planning to come down here for a bit in January to escape the Montana winter.

Now I am looking forward to having to make up the work I missed during my travels. It just keeps piling up.

Tim, It sounds like you were doing the good deeds over the weekend. I remember my dad was on the local VFD when we lived in a small South Dakota town. My truck was a response vehicle and he kept a red gumball light in it if he had to go out on a call. Thanks for doing your deed. We need it.

Dan, It makes sense that you are now "the man". Everybody always blames him and says it is his fault.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

OK...Top Gun Raceway & ThunderBowl Speedway albums are now on my profile for anyone that wants to see. I'll update ThunderBowls album with new pictures after next months race.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning all

Rise & shine! LOL!
Have a terrific Tuesday.
Sorry I didn't keep the original avatar/siggy that I changed first, but once my new photo albums were created there was no need to keep them. I created a "garage" for Olfthfl too! Feel free to check them out.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
You've become such a techie. Do you tudor?
I'm lucky to just log on and post, lol.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
You've become such a techie. Do you tudor?
I'm lucky to just log on and post, lol.
Who...me? LOL! Steve's the techie! He's awesome for info. & can walk you through things step by step.

Quick Reply: June open chat thread!