Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled - pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
everything went so quickly i cant say for sure. i thought i heard her say she was ticketed which idk how she could not be in this situation. i'll get the police report on monday and know for sure.

you have to remeber it was 22* outside. so the other lady got in the cop car with the cop to stay warm. i stayed in my truck(which as still warm and off the road way) waiting for my dad to get there so i did not see much of any of the exchange between her and the cop.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:03 PM
nyaristo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow im so late how did everything go with you did you make it out of the ER with both legs/arms/head all attached? all jokes aside glad your out of that (what looks like a head on collision)

Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
everything went so quickly i cant say for sure. i thought i heard her say she was ticketed which idk how she could not be in this situation. i'll get the police report on monday and know for sure.

you have to remeber it was 22* outside. so the other lady got in the cop car with the cop to stay warm. i stayed in my truck(which as still warm and off the road way) waiting for my dad to get there so i did not see much of any of the exchange between her and the cop.

well that stinks about the ex!!! it looks prettty easily fixable to me tho. glad your ok, some advice i might give is delete them youtube videos of your driving crazy incase this goes to court and they do a little digging on you. you still need them tires studded?

Ray

Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

i dont think theres any crazy vids, wouldnt matter in this situation i had a whitness and was doing absolutly nothing wrong. i'll look'em over though.

naw i'm not worrying about the tires now.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
i dont think theres any crazy vids, wouldnt matter in this situation i had a whitness and was doing absolutly nothing wrong. i'll look'em over though.

naw i'm not worrying about the tires now.
How ya feeling? Hows the Lung? Did ya go back to ER?

Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

never had a lung issue. just sore really i spent all day in bed like they told me to.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Good hope it all works for ya

Old 10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Maybe this will help. Maybe not

Having a Bad Day?

Well, then, consider this..............

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed, on Sunday morning, at about 11:00 a.m., regardless of their medical condition.

This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the supernatural. No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths occurred around 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents.

The next Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 a.m., all of the doctors and nurses nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about. Some were holding wooden crossses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits.

Just when the clock struck 11:00, Pookie Johnson, the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
good one tricky!

well if you need anything let me know man.. i can drive you around in our EX if it makes you feel any better.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Just trying to lighten the load b

Old 10-17-2010, 12:50 PM
rb8484
Tuned
WOW, glad you weren't seriously hurt! Hope you have a speedy recovery! Good thing you didnt get those atomic led cab lights yet, but then again, i know you will get a new one if yours is totaled! Keep us updated!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

i really feel like i got run over by a truck today, this sucks.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
welll you always got the explorder. take some motrin

Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
under6ft
New User
Glad you are ok, wishing you the best in finding a new Ex.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
BoulderLionX
Junior User
After months of taking advantage of this community's collective knowledge and wisdom about Excursions, I can finally contribute something back, albeit not as a mechanic. Here is some more legal advice.

"i'm still all out of sorts today, i'm also noticing some short term memory loss and a knot on my head so i'm not sure if i hit my head or not but they never checked that."

1. Go back to the doctor/ER and get that documented. Seriously. You need to develop a trail of documentation for your injuries.

"I wont get the police report until Monday"

2. Don't worry about whether or not the other driver got a ticket. While it is helpful in negotiating a settlement, it isn't admissible in court. The jury/judge determines liability.

3. 99.9% of these cases are settled between you and the insurance company. Obviously you can retain an attorney. The downside is that typically costs 1/3 of the value of the settlement as payment (then again, if you get nothing your lawyer gets nothing.) The upside is that a good lawyer will know the value of your case, especially if you have latent injuries that don't show up immediately.

4. Be aware that anything you type here has the potential to be used against you...so be careful what you type. As an example of the potential cross examination:

Lawyer: "So Mr. Alaskan Ex, you were hurt in this accident"

You: "Yes"

Lawyer: "But you weren't so hurt that it prevented you from leaving your house the day after the accident, go to the shop where your truck was stored, do an assessment of the damage, take pictures, and then post them on the internet?"

You: "Uh....yes"

This is how the game is played. Lawyers are not paid to play nice. They are paid to take any fact and cast it in the light most favorable to their client.

AGAIN...the most important thing is that you recover your health. All the money in the world isn't worth good health. (Besides, we love your wisdom on Excursions and your insights about living in Alaska.)

Quick Reply: Totaled - pics